CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Ostara 2020

~ COMPLETED ADVANCED STUDIES ~
House: Gryffindor
Project Name & Page Link: Scrappy Virus Afghan
Brief Description: After over 2 years in the making this afghan is finally DONE! It was started in September of 2017 as a stash buster, and lingered as it was put aside for other projects. I’m so glad to have it done.
Project Picture:

3 Likes

Class: Herbology
SPEW: Metro Detroit Share
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Pixie Hollow Baby Blankets
Brief Description: These blankets were made for Metro Detroit Share & will go in the memory boxes they make. All are made with Lion Brand Mandala Baby yarn (color: Pixie Hollow) & each one has purple in it. :slight_smile:
Project Picture:

Challenge: Hermione’s Book Club - The Boy Who Lived
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Aquamarine C2C Baby Blanket
Brief Description: This corner-to-corner blanket was made to celebrate my cousin’s new baby! No pattern was used - I just increased until it was the size I wanted & started decreasing. I used almost a whole ball of Lion Brand Pound of Love (in Aquamarine) - I only have 8 grams left!
Project Picture:

3 Likes

Stunning work, @MistressJennie! Your completed AS project has been added to the Advanced Studies Log of Completed Projects, and your house has been awarded 100 points!

Class or Challenge Title: Feb History if Magic
SPEW:
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name & Page Link:
Brief Description: Today is big bean’s Valentine’s Day party at kindergarten so I whipped up some homemade cupcakes for her to take for her party. They are vanilla cupcakes with vanilla buttercream and are so delicious! They are topped with cookies bought from Trader Jo’s. I cheat! :wink: They are perfectly pink and sweet. :slight_smile: I did two batches for a total of 28 cupcakes. Below is the one I saved for little bean. Here is the recipe, which is definitely a keeper!: https://www.livewellbakeoften.com/vanilla-cupcakes/
Project Picture:

3 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: DADA
SPEW:
Project Name & Page Link: Jailhouse Blues Onsies
Brief Description: Using the SHARP blade of my Cricut, I cut out some heat transfer vinyl and ironed them onto baby onsies for my sister’s baby shower. We threw her a “jailhouse blues” theme. Her baby was born at almost 27 weeks and has spent the last 3 months in the NICU. Its been a long road for them with and end coming soon (1-2 weeks).
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Herbology
SPEW:
Project Name & Page Link: Banana nut bread!
Brief Description: I had some over ripe bananas so it was time to make some banana nut bread! The recipe that I found worked so well and it was delicious! Big bean ate so much of it! Recipe here: https://thesaltymarshmallow.com/best-banana-bread-recipe/
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Study of Ancient Runes (SoAR)
SPEW:
Project Name & Page Link: Meatballs!
Brief Description: We had our D&D group over for dinner on sunday. We made spaghetti and meatballs, and the meatballs were BIG! We made a total of 8lbs of meatballs! We used 4 different meats in there: hamburger, ground turkey, ground chicken, and italian sausage. They were so delicious and easy to make! I used this recipe, which was easy to do more batches of easily to add the different meats. I also added some minced garlic and Parmesan cheese and baked directly on the parchment paper. They were soooo good! https://www.thespruceeats.com/easy-meatballs-480711
Project Picture:

2 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Astronomy
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name & Page Link: Sari Silk & Agate Slice Necklace and Earrings
Brief Description: This project was inspired by a dragons hoard of gold. Gold agate slice edged in gold, surrounded by gold beads, and golden strands of sari silk.
Project Picture:

2 Likes

hourglasses
:zap: Headmistress Jennie casts the House Points Charm! :zap:

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: House Pride
Project Name & Page Link: Heart in Hand Valentines
Brief Description: I created these Valentines for the Gryffindor Valentine’s Exchange. Their bold red color, and brave hearts are representative of Gryffindor House!
Project Picture:

5 Likes

@jellybean: You’ve submitted two projects under Herbology. The Pixie Hollow Baby Blankets, and Banana Bread. Only the first one has been counted. If you wish to submit the Banana Bread under another category please let me know.

I haven’t made any banana bread - I think you want @jillybeans?

Well it looks like after having both of you in this craftalong off and on for years, I finally did it. I finally mixed you two up while doing a points tally. I think it was mostly because the posts were in quick succession. Usually when that happens, it’s the same person posting several blocks of projects in a row, and I’m just staying on the same row in the spreadsheet as I add in numbers. I’ve gone back and untangled them posts in both the list and spreadsheet, and double checked my work to make sure everyone has the points they’re supposed to.

I think losing the ‘89’ from the end of your name made it a pinch closer to Jillybeans too. @jellybean and @jillybeans. I’d swear you two ladies are trying to Gred & Feorge me.

6 Likes

I should have changed my name to jellybeantoes when we moved over here - I thought about it, but it’s a bit late now :slight_smile:

Actually, you can change your username here. It’s under your settings. I accidentally set mine up wrong when setting up my account here! LOL

I think I only had that option for a few days after I made my account (apparently there’s a username change period?), but it’s not a big deal. I’m fine with my name - I was just going to change it if it was easy. :slight_smile:

Class or Challenge Title: Hermione’s Book Club - The boy who lived
House: Slytherin
Project Name & Page Link: Barn owl
Brief Description: “Owls flying by daylight?” A lot of owls flew around in broad daylight in the first chapter, and seeing as I have a larger project that needs a bunch of owls and other birds so this is a good start. Made with polymer clay and painted once baked.
Project Picture:

8 Likes

Challenge: Headmistress Challenge: February
Project Name & Page Link: Quantum Entanglement Stitch and DJ Equipment Cover
Brief Description: For Mr. Road’s valentine, I stitched up the formula for quantum entanglement and stitched it to a cover for his DJ controller.
Project Picture:

Class: History of Magic
Project Name & Page Link: Adult Merit Badges
Brief Description: These actually fit both parts of this class prompt! The “Scrap Queen” badge is reminiscent of the pink, ruffly decorations, while “Inspiration Wrangler” is dark like coffee or tea!
Project Picture:

Class: Potions
LC Challenge Entry: 2020 Q1 Art Challenge: Miniaturize Your Craft
Project Name & Page Link: Mini Prayer Flag Trio
Brief Description: I don’t usually do miniature crafts. This project definitely took me out of that rut. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Inspired by the inspire, create, give mentality of Lettuce Craft (thanks @MistressJennie :wink:), this little project was a lot of fun partly because it’s something I wouldn’t normally do.
Project Picture:

5 Likes

:zap::heart::books: A new Hermione’s Book Club Challenge has been posted. :books::heart::zap:
Chapter 2: The Vannishing Glass

@MistressJennie - Your amazing Valentine hand is now hanging on my bathroom mirror and it looks perfect there!

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress’ Challenge - February
Project Name: Vintage Posies
Brief Description: I Made this dress as a Valentines gift for a long-distance dolly friend. I thought the red and pink posy fabric was appropriate for the occasion.

4 Likes

Just discovered Hogwarts and wondering where to find Hermione’s Homework Planner that you mentioned?
I shall be submitting homework shortly.

1 Like

Hi @GMPNQ. Welcome to the HPC! We’re glad to have you join us.

Hermione’s Homework Planner is a Google Doc that contains shorted versions of all the prompts we have each term. It’s color coded, and separated by type of prompt. For prompts that are revealed over time, I update the Master Sheet in the document when new items are posted. To use it, simply go to the link above (it might tell you I need to approve you, which I do pretty quickly). Look along the bottom of the page, where you will see various Sheets. Claim one of the empty sheets, by changing the title (Sheet 10, Sheet 11, etc.) to your username. Please do not ever change the Master Sheet, which is the one I update. :blush: