CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Ostara 2020

Well it looks like after having both of you in this craftalong off and on for years, I finally did it. I finally mixed you two up while doing a points tally. I think it was mostly because the posts were in quick succession. Usually when that happens, it’s the same person posting several blocks of projects in a row, and I’m just staying on the same row in the spreadsheet as I add in numbers. I’ve gone back and untangled them posts in both the list and spreadsheet, and double checked my work to make sure everyone has the points they’re supposed to.

I think losing the ‘89’ from the end of your name made it a pinch closer to Jillybeans too. @jellybean and @jillybeans. I’d swear you two ladies are trying to Gred & Feorge me.

6 Likes

I should have changed my name to jellybeantoes when we moved over here - I thought about it, but it’s a bit late now :slight_smile:

Actually, you can change your username here. It’s under your settings. I accidentally set mine up wrong when setting up my account here! LOL

I think I only had that option for a few days after I made my account (apparently there’s a username change period?), but it’s not a big deal. I’m fine with my name - I was just going to change it if it was easy. :slight_smile:

Class or Challenge Title: Hermione’s Book Club - The boy who lived
House: Slytherin
Project Name & Page Link: Barn owl
Brief Description: “Owls flying by daylight?” A lot of owls flew around in broad daylight in the first chapter, and seeing as I have a larger project that needs a bunch of owls and other birds so this is a good start. Made with polymer clay and painted once baked.
Project Picture:

8 Likes

Challenge: Headmistress Challenge: February
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name & Page Link: Quantum Entanglement Stitch and DJ Equipment Cover
Brief Description: For Mr. Road’s valentine, I stitched up the formula for quantum entanglement and stitched it to a cover for his DJ controller.
Project Picture:

Class: History of Magic
Project Name & Page Link: Adult Merit Badges
Brief Description: These actually fit both parts of this class prompt! The “Scrap Queen” badge is reminiscent of the pink, ruffly decorations, while “Inspiration Wrangler” is dark like coffee or tea!
Project Picture:

Class: Potions
LC Challenge Entry: 2020 Q1 Art Challenge: Miniaturize Your Craft
Project Name & Page Link: Mini Prayer Flag Trio
Brief Description: I don’t usually do miniature crafts. This project definitely took me out of that rut. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Inspired by the inspire, create, give mentality of Lettuce Craft (thanks @MistressJennie :wink:), this little project was a lot of fun partly because it’s something I wouldn’t normally do.
Project Picture:

5 Likes

:zap::heart::books: A new Hermione’s Book Club Challenge has been posted. :books::heart::zap:
Chapter 2: The Vannishing Glass

@MistressJennie - Your amazing Valentine hand is now hanging on my bathroom mirror and it looks perfect there!

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress’ Challenge - February
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Vintage Posies
Brief Description: I Made this dress as a Valentines gift for a long-distance dolly friend. I thought the red and pink posy fabric was appropriate for the occasion.

4 Likes

Just discovered Hogwarts and wondering where to find Hermione’s Homework Planner that you mentioned?
I shall be submitting homework shortly.

1 Like

Hi @GMPNQ. Welcome to the HPC! We’re glad to have you join us.

Hermione’s Homework Planner is a Google Doc that contains shorted versions of all the prompts we have each term. It’s color coded, and separated by type of prompt. For prompts that are revealed over time, I update the Master Sheet in the document when new items are posted. To use it, simply go to the link above (it might tell you I need to approve you, which I do pretty quickly). Look along the bottom of the page, where you will see various Sheets. Claim one of the empty sheets, by changing the title (Sheet 10, Sheet 11, etc.) to your username. Please do not ever change the Master Sheet, which is the one I update. :blush:

FYI to everyone else who uses the Homework Planner, I did rearrange the sheets at the bottom, to be in alphabetical order. Because I can’t not put things in order. :blush:

1 Like

Thank you :smiley:

Hahaha! Ok with me, I’m in the same spot! :wink:

I love the clay owl! with the texture it could be carved from wood.

1 Like

class or challenge title : charms
house: gryffindor
project name: just learned one stitch and won’t stop

For the play my daughter is in, she needed a long crochet chain. another character replies" She just learned the one stitch, but now she won’t stop". Learning to crochet is supposed to be helping her relax. They wanted it to actually be in a tanged pile on the floor. I took an entire ball of thick fuzzy yarn and crochet it into a loose chain with a large hook. Some of it I also did with my fingers so it would look rough. It actually was relaxing to work on a project without worrying if it looked nice. It ended up over 30 feet long. I added a 2nd ball to it so she could continue adding to it on stage. This picture is of the chain in her prop basket, but I’ll try and take one on stage this weekend.

1 Like

Whoa! 30 feet! :astonished:

I actually remembered to post this today! :smile:

Anyone have any progress to report?

1 Like

Hey dear friends! I’ve been on a social media diet for quite some time and I didn’t even know “Craftster” had relaunched!:exploding_head: I’ve spent the last day or two checking out the new site and I’m in love! Hope everyone is cozying into the new home nicely. :slight_smile:

And to help my fellow Gryffindor’s out…I’ve got two projects to turn in for February homework AND an Advanced Studies Proposal!

Class or Challenge Title: DADA
House: Gryffindor
Project Name & Page Link: “Let’s Go on an Egg Hunt” Cross Stitch
Brief Description: Crafted with my pointed needle…I needed some spring and sunshine in my life to brighten up these February days. It’ll be framed soon-ish but I had to order special matting which I’m still waiting on but I can’t help but to break it out every day just to look upon it’s happiness. Here’s the link to the pattern: https://www.tinymodernist.com/collections/spring-easter/products/easter-egg-hunt
Project Picture: Thumb included for size reference! :laughing:

Class or Challenge Title: Study of Ancient Runes
Project Name & Page Link: Girl Scout Curtain and Troop # Banner
Brief Description: This project uses only FOUR supplies: thread/string, cotton fabric, felt, glue. My daughter’s Girl Scout Troop had this cute lemonade stand they’re going to use for cookie booth’s but the little curtain at the top needed a Girl Scout makeover. I used the old curtain as a pattern (and even lined it so it wouldn’t be see-through. For a not-so avid sewer I was pretty proud of myself.) And then I used felt to make the little troop # banner and cheated myself some time by gluing the numbers on.
Project Picture:

~ ADVANCED STUDIES PROPOSAL ~
Project Name: Every Season Stitch-A-Long by Tiny Modernist
Brief Description: I’ve been hit by the cross-stitch bug recently and I have embarked on a year-long SAL. Parts of the pattern are released every 2-3 months and will be completed (hopefully!) in December. Here’s a link to the stitch-a-long if anyone’s interested in joining in! https://www.tinymodernist.com/collections/stitch-a-longs/products/every-season

I started stitching three days ago soooo for Advanced Studies Friday, here’s my progress!

Glad to be back! Hope you’re all well!

6 Likes

Yay @Whistlefish! Welcome home! :smile:

1 Like

~ ADVANCED STUDIES PROPOSAL ~
Project Name: Dragon skin bag
House: Hufflepuff
Brief Description:
I want to make this bag.
on it’s own it may not be big enough to count as an ‘advanced’ project, so I will find something else to go with it, maybe these.

I have done a sample, because it a new stitch for me. It’s posted here