CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Ostara 2020

Class or Challenge Title: Expecto Patronum
SPEW or LC Contest: LC
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name & Page Link: Face Masks 7
Brief Description: I made up a huge batch of masks for family and friend in need, 64 in total. I made them for free, but accepted donations. They went out all over the us. They are 100% cotton and I used cut up tshirts for the ear loops and ties. Each has a pipecleaner at the nose to help keep them up and in place.
Project Picture:

4 Likes

Happy belated birthday, @Trillian! I hope it had favorite snacks and crafting!

@AntBee Thank you! It was a pretty fun day.

@jillybeans Holy cow that is a huge batch of masks! And so cheerful! I feel like I have to make another batch now, so thanks for the kick-in-the-pants inspiration.

Class or Challenge Title: SoAR
Project Name & Page Link: May Doll Dresses
Brief Description: I had great plans to get myself a fat quarter of 1930s reproduction fabric as a birthday present, but that wasn’t in the cards this month given the current situation, so I found myself searching through the stash to find something that looks like something that would appeal to a depression era seamstress. I found something that looks appropriate and whipped up four dresses.

1 Like

Two more food projects. I made significant progress organizing my craft supplies the other day. And I’ve also subscribed to the Dover Publishing coloring newsletter which means lots of free coloring pages. So more crafting-crafting should hopefully happen soonish.

Class: Arithmancy
Project Name: Chocolate peppermint banana bread
Brief Description: I used this recipe from Chocolate Covered Katie. I’d been craving something minty, so I subbed 1/4tsp peppermint extract for some of the vanilla extract. Going for a quick bread rather than a cake, I didn’t add the extra white sugar or the chocolate chips. I did include a bit more cocoa powder than listed because I overestimated how much was left in the container :smiley: The mint plus the chocolate definitely made a “nice as-is” treat even more delicious.
Project Picture:

Class: Herbology
Project name: Pizza perfection
Brief description: No true recipe, but I used two pop-cans/tubes of store-bought pizza dough, mozzarella cheese, half a bag of baby spinach, half a drained can of pineapple tidbits, about a cup of sliced white mushrooms, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Basic pizza making process of greasing pan, stretching dough onto it, brushing dough with oil, adding cheese and toppings, and then baking. I’m not a huge fan of tomato sauce, so I left it out. With all the washing, chopping, and other prep work this did meet the 30-minute time requirement.

1 Like

Class Title: Arithmancy
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name & Page Link: Slurm Can Koozie
Brief Description: I spruced up this very boring can koozie that has been kicking around my house for a while by adding some embroidery! The green color was screaming Slurm!
Project Picture:

Class Title: Detention: Reparo
Project Name & Page Link: Dyed Denim Jackets
Brief Description: I bought two denim jackets for my daughters to welcome spring, but they wouldn’t wear them because they weren’t pink and purple! D’oh! Well I can fix that. A little bit of dye later, and voila! wearable jackets!
Project Picture:

Challenge Title: Expecto Patronum
LC Contest Entry: Lettuce Help Our Communities Entry
Project Name & Page Link: Geeky Mask Trio
Brief Description: A set of masks for my brother and his nephew. I used the craft passion pattern for these.
Project Picture:

LC Contest Entry: Lettuce Help Our Communities Entry
Project Name & Page Link: New Mask Pattern Test: Pretty Handy Girl’s Best Fit Face Mask
Brief Description: I made these masks for Mr. Road and my brother in law. Tried a new pattern for these and I really liked it!
Project Picture:

3 Likes

**Spew for local nursing home
Project Name & Page Link: Mask covers
Brief Description: 5 masks for a local nursing home.
Project Picture:

Brief Description: 3 masks for a local nursing home.
Project Picture:

Brief Description: 6 masks for a local nursing home.

1 Like

hourglasses
:zap: Headmistress Jennie casts the House Points Charm! :zap:

Challenge: Detention: WIP 1/2
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Sockhead Slouch Hat
Brief Description: For detention, I finished a WIP I started last year. I kept putting it off because I’m such a slow knitter, but I finally finished it! I worked on it for 3 evenings, multiple hours each time (so much netflix, lol).
Project Picture:
before:

after:

(pattern)

Class: Potions
SPEW: WMH Long Term Care (local hospital)
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Chevron Lap Blanket
Brief Description: For Potions class, I crocheted a lap blanket that will hopefully make someone feel better when they receive it. :slight_smile:
Project Picture:

(pattern)

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Book Club - Ch. 6
House: Gryffindor
Project Name & Page Link: Love One Another Prayer Flags
Brief Description: Now that all the recipients have received, I can finally post these! I made a set of 8 matching flags, of ‘relentlessly cheerful’ rainbows to cheer some special friends during the pandemic.
Project Picture:

4 Likes

Jellybean that hat is great and I love the chevron blanket!
MistressJennie that prayer flag is so gorgeous.

2 Likes

Challenge Title: Detention - Stash
Project Name & Page Link: Make Magic Prayer Flag
Brief Description: Stash busting at it’s finest! Lots of scrappy strips in this flag and I used up all of my purple embroidery thread stash (don’t worry, I got more). :smile:
Project Picture:

Challenge Title: Detention - Stash
Project Name & Page Link: Crafty Curse-y Adult Merit Badges
Brief Description: Made entirely from stash, these adult merit badges are a little swear-y. Consider yourself warned. :wink:
Project Picture:

Class Title: Flying
Project Name & Page Link: Awesome Blossom Embroidery
Brief Description: This embroidery is inspired by flowers, yes, but also by colorful birds from all over the world!
Project Picture:

Challenge Title: Holiday Challenge
Project Name & Page Link: Pink Donuts!
Brief Description: My daughter requested donuts last week, but we forgot to get them on our last food store run. D’oh! She’s 2 and doesn’t quite get the fact that we can’t run to the store on a whim these days. Because she loves all things pink, I made it up to her by making pink glazed donuts!
Project Picture:

5 Likes

A new Hermione’s Book Club prompt has been posted! And remember, you have until Wednesday to post the previous book club prompt.

Class or Challenge Title: Expecto Patronum
SPEW or LC Contest: Cross Posted to Lettuce Help Our Communities
Project Name & Page Link: Modified Deaconess Pattern
Brief Description: I made a batch of mask for my mom and her friends, plus a coworker who couldn’t figure out how to get one on her own. Stash fabric isn’t exactly in season but still pretty.

Class or Challenge Title: Book Club Ch 7; Sorting Hat
Project Name & Page Link: Silk & Wire Wrapped Bangle
Brief Description: This bangle was made for Abbeeroad, in a style I’ve been playing with over the last few months. It’s a wood bangle wrapped with hand dyed silk and copper wire, and finished with copper charms.
Project Picture:

2 Likes

I actually have this hanging on a peg in my room so that it can be admired even when not being worn! :smile:

1 Like

ADVANCED STUDIES PROPOSAL ~
**Project Name: Royal Summer Shawl by ELK Studio
**House: Hufflepuff
**Brief Description: I started this project to use up some luscious yarn that my sister-in-law gave me a few Christmases ago. Because the pattern was purchased, I didn’t realize quite how big of a project it would be before starting. It started with chaining 400 stitches! I’m afraid I won’t finish before the semester is over so I’m submitting it as an OWL!

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Detention Challenge- Stash #2
**Spew -Yes http://www.heartsknittogether.org/
Project Name & Page Link: Burp Cloths
Brief Description: I created 15 burp cloths from my stash to donate to a local organization that gives them to women’s shelters, refugees, etc.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Detention Challenge- Stash #3
**Spew -Yes http://www.heartsknittogether.org/
Project Name & Page Link: Burp Cloths
Brief Description: I created 6 more burp cloth and 2 bibs from my stash to donate to a local organization that gives them to women’s shelters, refugees, etc.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Detention Challenge- Stash #4
**Spew -No
**Project Name & Page Link:**Waterproof Storage Bag
Brief Description: This month seems to be focused on utilitarian items for my crafting. This is a storage bag that I made for some emergency preparedness items after we had an earthquake (5.7-my first quake that I really “felt”.)
Project Picture:

1 Like

Class: Herbology

Project Name: Purple Airy Knit Hat

Brief Description: I love lunaria, and while its silvery seed pods are flashier, I love its cheery little purple flowers in the spring. I had a skein of mystery yarn in a warm purple I’ve been longing to use and my hair has been growing out in an
exuberant style. Some days it certainly seems monstrous to me. A simple little purple hat seemed just the thing to banish those bad hair days. Because it’s already getting warm where I live and I didn’t want a tight fit totally squashing my curls, I’ve made the hat floppy and airy in a super simple pattern on giant needles. It’s my first proper hat and I love it. And this is my first post on lettuce so I apologize in advance if I mess this up in some way! Go go Gryffindor!

Project Picture:

3 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Hermione’s Book Club - Chapter 8, Learning Something New
Project Name & Page Link: This is the tutorial I followed Loose Watercolour Roses
Brief Description: Despite having a lot of the supplies already, this was my very first attempt at watercolours, and I love it! I’m so proud. (It’s hard to capture the lighting correctly, but this is as close as I could photograph)
Project Picture:

2 Likes

@katiebread - awesome AS proposal! I’ve added it to the project log. :slightly_smiling_face:

@RubeusUmbrella - Welcome!! Go Gryffindor!! :lion: Great user name, btw. :wink:

Love those flowers @PrincessP!