CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Ostara 2021

Merlin’s pants! Fred & George Weasley have somehow taken over our Headmistress Challenges! Over the next two months, the pranksters hope you’ll enjoy these prompts inspired by their Weasely’s Wizard Wheezes creations.

5 Likes

AH! Let chaos reign! And fun, of course, fun. :grin:

2 Likes

:rainbow: Iron Chef Ostara Cook the Rainbow Challenge :rainbow:

:green_apple: :cucumber: :leafy_green: :broccoli: March: GREEN. Lettuce, kiwi, matcha! Cook with GREEN ingredients this month. Try a glowing green hummus, parmesan garlic green beans, or some sweet mint chocolate chip cookies.

3 Likes

I totally want to try that green hummus!

1 Like

Class: DADA
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name & Page Link: Clothesline Necklace
Brief Description: I made this for a friend who sent me some paper craft supplies. Clothesline wrapped in fabric and a macramé bead.
Project Picture:

Class: Divination
Project Name & Page Link: Hot Mess Headband
Brief Description: My first knitted project! This headband will certainly protect my ears from the cold. Here’s the tutorial/pattern I used: The Hot Mess Headband.
Project Picture:

Class: Herbology
Project Name & Page Link: Ovary Up Embroidery
Brief Description: I was really inspired to stitch up something contrasting a traditional, floral, feminine pattern with more crass/bad ass language.
Project Picture:

Class: History of Magic
Project Name & Page Link: Knitting Swatches
Brief Description: I recently learned how to knit thanks to a 14-day learn to knit video series from The Knitting Circle. Here are the results of my labors! Stockinette stitch, seed stitch, moss stitch, k2 p2 ribbing, and garter stitch.
Project Picture:

Class: Potions
Project Name & Page Link: Scrappy Crowns
Brief Description: Made fully from stash, I whipped up these fun crowns for my daughters to play in!
Project Picture:

5 Likes

~ COMPLETED ADVANCED STUDIES ~
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Fair Isle Hat
Project Page Link: LC Post
Brief Description: The pattern and yarn for this hat were purchased at the end of May… 2015! I proposed making it an A.S. project in 2019 and finally she is done! March and even April in New England can still be hat wearing weather so I’m really happy it is done now and not, say, in August!
Project Picture:

Class: Book Club, Chapter 11
Project Name: Fair Isle Hat
Project Page Link: (if available)
Brief Description: The Advanced Studies Project (ASP- how snakey!) is finally done! I really wanted this done by the end of February and so I spent many hours on it. (Do NOT ask me the state of the house! We even disconnected from the Floo network temporarily to avoid witnesses!)
Project Picture:
Before/After

Class: Potions
Project Name: Yarny bowl
Project Page Link: (if available)
Brief Description: It can be used to organize small bits and bobs and also was just yarn I had on-hand. Granted, the colorful yarn was newly arrived for February in a yarn subscription box but the black yarn is leftover from the Mutts blanket.
Project Picture:

4 Likes

Heck yeah @AntBee! Your hat is stunning!!!

1 Like

~ COMPLETED ADVANCED STUDIES ~
Project Name & Page Link: Moon Shadow Blanket
Brief Description: I finally finished the mega-afghan for my dear friend David! Details on pattern, yarn, and size in the LC project post.
Project Picture:

4 Likes

This looks SO GOOD!! I’m off the check your post. Congrats on the finish!!

2 Likes

Whoohooo it’s finally done!

1 Like

:tada: :sparkles: :tada: :sparkles: :tada: :sparkles: :tada:

AMAZING WORK @AntBee and @MistressJennie!!! Your hard work and perseverance have earned 100 points for your house!!

:tada: :sparkles: :tada: :sparkles: :tada: :sparkles: :tada:

2 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress - Love Potions
Project Name & Page Link: “Brown Goose” Quilt Block
Brief Description: It might not come as a surprise, that I’ve been obsessed with making new quilt blocks lately. This continues my obsession, and is the Block of the Month for the LC Quiltalong. It’s called the Brown Goose block. I made mine with scraps of black background, and 2 shades of bright pink.
Project Picture:

2 Likes

So great to see two mega projects to completion! Great job!

2 Likes

HAHA I love the takeover.
Congratulations on the ginormous afghan project. The datk yellow and the navy look amazing together.

1 Like

Wow AntBee, the hat is fabulous! I love everything about it.

1 Like

Class: Detention: Advanced Studies
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name & Page Link: Doll Shoe Silicone Molds
Brief Description: Wow, I feel like I have gotten a lot more fails than success with my Advanced Study to become a muggle doll shoe apprentice. I decided to start with polymer clay for my first material. The first shoes I made were large and clunky. They slipped right off a standard Barbie, and they were slightly too narrow for my curvy Barbie-which broke the polymer strap. Attempt #2 they technically fit-but they still feel clunky for a Barbie scale shoe. I decided to try making a silicone mold for the shoe soles and heel. I saw numerous videos and blogs about mixing silicone cauling with cornstarch to create a mold for buttons. After trying it I have found it is too hard to get out a shoe with a heel from the mold. It might work for something flat-it does hold detail-but anything not flat I do not reccomend the caulk mold. Next I purchased some liquid silicone to try. It has been a lot of trial and error, but I do see hope with the liquid silicone. I tried a wedge shoe sole and a high heel shoe. The wedge mold was successful. The high heel mold ended up with a tiny hole that was enough to ruin it.
Project Picture:

2 Likes

Wow, @plaidpineapple, that’s a HUGE tiny project! It’s amazing that you can do this. I’m looking forward to seeing updates as they come! The trial and error phases can be disheartening, but look at all you’ve learned about the crafting of them this way. That’s pretty neat!

Thanks @AIMR ! I dod not make the pompom. I’ve had a pack of pink, blue and white ones in my stash for some time and am finally using them! :slight_smile:
@Antbee that hat is so incredibly beautiful!

2 Likes

Congratulations on your finish! Also, I love the decor in your room :grinning:

Wow! What an endeavor!!