CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Ostara 2021

Awesome completed AS project!! So many new techniques and tools. I’m in awe. And you earned 100 points for your house! :tada: :tada:

And your next one sounds just as in-depth! Can’t wait to see your progress. I’ve added your proposal to the project log!

Class - Iron Hogwarts - Green
House - Ravenclaw
Project Name - Indian Chicken and Cilantro Stew
Brief Description - This bright green soup is earthy but light, packed with the flavors or cilantro and green onion. https://www.177milkstreet.com/recipes/indian-chicken-cilantro-stew-fast-slow
Project Picture -

4 Likes

Oh man that looks amazing! :green_heart:

Happy Gred and Feorge day, everyone! I hope you have some fun today!
Happy crafting!

4 Likes

The Iron Chef Hogwarts Challenge for April will be:

:eggplant: :grapes: :ice_cube: :bowl_with_spoon: April: BLUE/PURPLE. Blueberries, eggplant, cabbage! Try using BLUE or PURPLE foods in your dishes this month. Maybe a blueberry tart, garlic parmesan baked eggplant, or even a maple blackberry mojito.

1 Like

I am currently working on the ultimate WIP: human baby! Therefore, there have been (and will continue to be) many tiny baby things between now and Oct.
:laughing:

Class or Challenge Title: CoMC
House: Slytherin ::snake:: ::yarn::
Project Name & Page Link: Barley Hat
Brief Description: This is a Barley hat (pattern by Tin Can Knits) knit in the newborn size (or smallest baby size the pattern offers). Adorable baby thing full of joy.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Potions
Project Name & Page Link: Flax Pullover
Brief Description: This is a Flax Pullover (pattern by Tin Can Knits) knit in the newborn size (or smallest baby size the pattern offers). Crafted solely with stash that has been around for way too long. Used up all but about 2oz.
Project Picture:
See photo above of Flax and Barley set

Class or Challenge Title: Potions
Project Name & Page Link: Peachy Keen Baby hat (ravelry link)
Brief Description: knit up a baby hat in some of my hand dyed yarn from last summer, to match the grey Baby Vertibrae cardigan that I knit previously.
Project Picture:

6 Likes

Ahhh! Congrats!!! Oh, I can’t wait to see all the wee baby goodness you come up with! (Including the baby its self, lol!)

1 Like

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That’s wonderful. Can’t wait to see lots more tiny crafts. :blush:

1 Like

Class Title: Apparition
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name & Page Link: Art Smocks
Brief Description: I used this free pattern on the Spoonflower blog to make these cross-back smocks with a reversible inside and outside.
Project Picture:

Challenge Title: Detention: Advanced Studies
Project Name & Page Link: Art Journal Update
Brief Description: Happy Advanced Studies Friday! I’ve been putting in a lot of hours on my art journal. I recently completed a 30-day class from Alisa Burke called Chasing Freedom and completed a few stand-alone pages. Lots of pics below.
Project Picture:

There are more, but these are the ones I consider “finished.”

Challenge Title: Headmistress: Boxing Telescope
Project Name & Page Link: April BOM for the Quiltalong
Brief Description: This Card Trick Quilt Block is Aprils Block of the Month in the Quiltalong. I used some banana fabric I picked up a little while ago for an extra “punch” of color and fun!
Project Picture:

Challenge Title: Headmistress: Love Potions
Project Name & Page Link: Chasing Freedom Bracelets
Brief Description: As mentioned previously, I recently finished Alisa Burke’s online art journal class “Chasing Freedom.” After completing the exercises I am obsessed with applying the techniques to my projects. I painted these plain black wooden bracelets using everything I learned during the course of the classes.
Project Picture:

Challenge Title: Headmistress: Pygmy Puff
Project Name & Page Link: Bunny Egg Cozies
Brief Description: I used this very cute free knitting pattern from LoveCrafts to make a couple bunny egg cozies for Easter baskets.
Project Picture:

Class Title: Study of Ancient Runes
Project Name & Page Link: Braided Headbands
Brief Description: Using the video tutorial and pattern from Sheep & Stitch, I made these two braided headbands for my girls. Together, there are 6 strands of knitted icord.
Project Picture:

4 Likes

@Whistlefish @Abbeeroad , Thank you!

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress - Wildfire Whiz-bang
Project Name & Page Link: Card Trick Quilt Blocks
Brief Description: I made this month’s Block of the Month for the 2021 Quiltalong, and ran into a few problems. Since making the block leaves you with some extra pieces, I ended up using those up by remaking it. Both are bright pinks and violets on a dark black background.
Project Picture:

1 Like

~ ADVANCED STUDIES PROPOSAL ~
Project Name: Harvest Moon baby blanket (to replace the Talon throw AS that I have not started yet…)
House: Slytherin
Brief Description: A crib size knitted blanket. I will be using the pattern Harvest Moon, with Berroco Vintage worsted yarn. Crib size blanket is just a step down from a throw blanket, and the patterning is complicated enough that this will probably take me at least a month (30 hours??) to complete.
Here’s my swatch:

2 Likes

Update made to the project log!

1 Like

hourglasses
:zap: Headmistress Jennie casts the House Points Charm! :zap:

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress - Pygmy Puff
Project Name & Page Link: Viking Adventure Baby Quilt
Brief Description: This baby quilt is very soft, especially with its flannel backing.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress - Ten Second Pimple Vanisher
Project Name & Page Link: Pinkstravaganza Quilt
Brief Description: This scrappy quilt top was sent to me by our very own Edel, about a year ago. We agreed to craft scrappy quilts with what we had on hand during the early days in the pandemic. It has been hanging out in my stash since then, waiting to be quilted. I’m so glad to have finished another project, and gotten something out of the pile!
Project Picture:

4 Likes

CraftsUntold Congratulations! I love your little knit items.

Abbeeroad great progress on the art, and I love the smocks.

MistressJennie that baby blanket looks so complex, looking forward to seeing it.

1 Like

That Viking fabric is so cute @MistressJennie :hugs:

Class/Challenge: Detention Stash #2
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Red textured tshirt
Project Description: After making the pink and black shirt below I decided to make a red one too. I used Butterick pattern # 6132 with an altered sleeve.

Class/Challenge: Headmistress Dungbombs
Project Name: Brown Linen Barbie Outfit
Project Description: I am not a fan of orange or brown fabric usually. But I also hate to throw fabric away. I had a decent sized piece leftover of this brown fabric and decided to create a new Barbie outfit. I love the oomph the ribbon added.

Class/Challenge: Headmistress Love Potion
Project Name: Ruffled T-shirt
Project Description: I am a bit obsessed with making Barbie items the last few months. This ruffled t-shirt is a fun spring item. I used Pixie Faires Free pattern for the base. https://www.pixiefaire.com/collections/barbie-dolls/products/free-t-shirt-for-11-1-2-fashion-dolls

It is pictured in the picture above. Both lovely ladies are also sporting handmade shoes from my advanced studies project.

Class/Challenge: Headmistress Challenge- Peruvian Darkness
Project Name: Knit Fabric Cardigan
Project Description: This black knit fabric with white polka dots is perfect for a summer Peruvian night. I used Kwik Sew Pattern 3232.

Class/Challenge: Headmistress Challenge- Screaming YoYo
Project Name: Striped Tshirt
Project Description: I was trying to decide between 2 different shirt patterns for the bright happy knit fabric. I was planning to do a long sleeve but changed my mind halfway through when I figured out I did not take into the account the extra fabric for cutting the stripes the right way-luckily an easy fix to alter the pattern to short sleeves.
I used Butterick pattern # 6132.

2 Likes

A new Hermione’s Book Club prompt has been posted!

~ ADVANCED STUDIES PROPOSAL ~
Project Name: Clyde Pants
Brief Description: I love these “Clyde Pants”. I am a school teacher and always in need of more pockets. I want to create my own pattern based on these. https://elizabethsuzannstudio.com/collections/clothing-accessories/products/clyde-work-pant-in-cotton-canvas-clay
I plan on making at least 2 trial pants to get the fit right. I want my final pair to be linen with a zipper waist. I think this will take about 1-2 months. I will draft the pattern, make 2 trial pairs and then my final pair in linen.