CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Ostara 2021

Brilliant! I have a few very oddly shaped batting pieces after making a hexi- table topper.

1 Like

I love this so much! Excellent pattern and I love the fabrics/layout.

1 Like

Oooh I love the contrast between the brighter and low volume blocks to subtley show the two stars :slight_smile:
I love low volume fabrics, and I’m always on the hunt when I’m stash building :hugs:

1 Like

Love the colours in the quilt Jennie

Class: Charms
House: hufflepuff
Project: rice stitch washcloth (top)
Made in a very entrancing shade of Valentine’s pink

Challenge: Hermione’s bookclub
Project: moss stitch washcloth (bottom)
Definitely snuck in; both time wise as this was mostly knitted on the bus, and materials wise as it was made with left over yarn from making my the hand towel (see below)

Challenge: Weasleys WW portable swamp
Project: dots stitch hand towel
My legacy craft world have to be knitting! So much so that I’m knitting handtowels to match the bathrooms :grin:

Challenge: WWW pygmy puff
Project: pink baby hat
The pompom, made from merino & mohair, is the softest thing

4 Likes

Love it, @noodle! I have some home knits on my list to make soon, too.

1 Like

And now for my month’s homework extravaganza:
Class or Challenge Title: Head Boxing
House: Slytherin
Project Name & Page Link: Needle felted Bird Scene
Brief Description: This little kit has been unopened in my stash for 4+ years. I finally busted it out and worked it up- stabbing it a bunch of times has to count as a punch of color!
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Head: Otters Fizzy Orange
Project Name & Page Link: Crochet bunnies
Brief Description: I saw @bethntim’s pattern and just had to add them to my make list for April. I did 3 little friends to hang with my Easter/Spring decorations.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Head: Patented Daydream
Project Name & Page Link: Waldorf Stars
Brief Description: I’ve been wanting to make these since @Edel mentioned them on the old site and I looked up what Kite Paper is. They are addictive! I made 3 of the sun ones but gave 2 away before I photographed them.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Head: Portable Swamp
Project Name & Page Link: Crochet carrots
Brief Description: Using this pattern as a jumping off point I made up 5 little carrots to add to the garland of bunnies and things. One is a mix of 2 yarn colors as I ran out of the orange so that one is a toy rather than a decoration.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Head: Trick Wands
Project Name & Page Link: Weasley Heart Sweater
Brief Description: The trick to this sweater is that the heart is done in duplicate stitch which means that when the original wearer out grows it one could, if she were so inclined, pick out the silver heart and make the sweater look different for a hand-me-down recipient. Another trick to this is in the yarn- the yarn has reflective threads running through it that catch light and act like a beacon which I love as we’ll wear this walking at dusk and oncoming cars will be able to see her a mile off. :slight_smile:
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: SOAR
Project Name & Page Link: Jeans visible mend
Brief Description: These jeans were BEGGING to be retired all winter long but I wanted them in the game until Spring as they are big and loose and therefore I can wear long johns under them and not look like a sausage. They are now happily retired into the fabric stash. But look at that frog patch. I love him. If you’ve been around a long time you’ve seen him from me before and be sure you’ll be seeing him again before the term is up!
Project Picture:

6 Likes

@AntBee you’ve been busy! Those window stars are great, and I love the patching

1 Like

Love the idea of the double knit sweater motif, so clever!

1 Like

Happy birthday, @CraftsUntold! :partying_face:

2 Likes

Thank you!!

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress Challenge-Pat. Daydream
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name & Page Link: See through mouth mask
Brief Description: I teach reading to second-graders. and it can be difficult with a mask. It helps struggling students to be able to see my mouth when I am pronouncing words. I have been thinking of making a see through mask for a while. I saw this pattern on Cricut Design Space and decided to give it a go.

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress Challenge- Portable Swamp
SPEW: Yes giving them to http://www.heartsknittogether.org/
Project Name & Page Link: My old standby to craft are zipper pouches.
Brief Description: These zipper puches are being donated for refugee kits.

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress Challenge- Pygmy Puff
Project Name & Page Link https://blog.dogundermydesk.com/2011/11/circle-zip-earbud-pouch-tutorial/
I love this cute little pouch. It was a fun quick project.

2 Likes

Reminder: The OWL POST SWAP is still open for signups! This is a small, simple swap, for just one Medium crafted item. I was going to close signups this morning, but we currently have just 4 (totally awesome) members. @Abbeeroad, @AntBee, momiemae, and myself. I’m going to keep the signups open a few more days to see if anyone else wants to join this awesome crew on a rocket ship to out-of-this-world crafty goodness.

A new Hermione’s Book Club prompt has been posted!

1 Like

hourglasses
:zap: Headmistress Jennie casts the House Points Charm! :zap:

Are you in my livingroom? I’ve been working on a washcloth all weekend!

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: House Pride
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name & Page Link: “Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw “
Brief Description: A little watercolor practice! I used the house pride prompt as inspiration to make something Ravenclaw related.
Project Picture:

4 Likes

That’s SO GOOD!

1 Like

ADVANCED STUDIES Progress…
I have gotten alot of progress done on learning how to make a bra.
First I tried to make a bralette. However I got very distracted by the “what if” I did this ideas… ended up like a odd sports bra by the end. It was worth it though, I learned alot. https://www.moodfabrics.com/blog/the-darcy-bralette-free-sewing-pattern/

Next I decided it would be wise to actually follow a bralette pattern. After a couple of sizing tweaks it ended up turning out well. This was a great free pattern.

5 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress - Dungbomb
House: Slytherin ::snake::
Project Name & Page Link: Guest room repaint
Brief Description: There was a room in my house that my MIL painted lemon yellow before we bought it. It was such a bright, in your face color, just way too much for a bedroom. We use this room as a guest room. Two coats of Kilz primer and 2 coats of Behr Ulta later, and it’s a lovely, calm, neutral grey. Aah.
Project Picture:
Before:

After:

2 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: HEAD - Peruvian Darkness
House: Ravenclaw!
Project Name & Page Link: Merry Krampus Painting
Brief Description: He’s dark. He’s creepy. He’s…Krampus!
Project Picture:

I only have a couple of prompts left to complete so I’m going to use them as inspiration for what to practice my painting on. Wish me luck!

7 Likes