CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Ostara 2021

I kind of wandered off into the woods in a feral funk to commune with my inner goblin for April and somehow missed all the fun of the Weasley Wizarding Wheezes and the triumphant return of @Noodle (a belated welcome to Hufflpepuff!) but I am back. The Hufflepuff Spreadsheet has been updated, and I would like to announce @Whistlefish as the well deserved winner of the Hufflepuff Easter Egg Hunt. You can see her awesome little bunny painting here: [link].

4 Likes

I suppose I should actually drop a project or two to show something for the time spent goblining around.

Class: Alchemy
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Gray Bunnies Littlefee Dress
Description: Gray! Very Gray. But bunnies, so somehow also cute and spring-y.

Class: Flying
Project Name: Orange Chickies Pukifee Doll Dress
Description: My grandmother used to sing Chickery Chick all the time, and I could not get it out of my head as I was sewing dresses with this fabric.

2 Likes

I didnā€™t even notice @noodle was now a ā€˜Puff! Lucky house. :wink:

1 Like

Oh my goodness, I love it!

Darling dresses!

~ COMPLETED ADVANCED STUDIES ~
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Spring Bulbs Planting Guide
Project Page Link: Spring Bulbs Planting Guide :tulip:
Brief Description: Iā€™ve been doing some extra Herbology classes to get caught up and this semester I have my spring Bulbs guide to turn into Professor Sprout!
Project Picture:

And now that itā€™s done Iā€™ve been contemplating my next ā€œbigā€ projectā€¦in the meantime thoughā€¦Iā€™m attempting to power through my other outstanding OWL I proposed in Feb 2020! Itā€™s so close to being done!

6 Likes

Wow, this came out amazing, so beautiful

1 Like

Gorgeous work! And youā€™ve just earned 100 points for your house! :tada: :tada:

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress - May
House: Gryffindor
Project Name & Page Link: Purple Silk Chiffon Market Tote
Brief Description: I trust Darn Good Yarn, not only for beautiful yarns, but also ones that are ethically sourced, and that come from recycled or upcycled materials. I scored a 4 pack of their ombre shaded chiffon ribbon yarn on clearance for 75% off.
Project Picture:

2 Likes

hourglasses
:zap: Headmistress Jennie casts the House Points Charm! :zap:

Wow Whistlefish, I REALLY love your crossticht. Is the pattern available online?

1 Like

Gorgeous tote!

1 Like

Thanks! I got the pattern from the May 2021 issue of Cross Stitcher magazine. :slight_smile:

This is so beautiful! Did you design it, or use a pattern?

1 Like

Thanks! It wasnā€™t me but itā€™d be sweet if I did! Itā€™s an Emma Congdon pattern. :slight_smile:

Class: COMC
Craft: sunshine hat
I marled some yarn ends from my stash to make this baby hat - itā€™s the colour of sunshine (very jolly, and helps produce vitamin D) plus has a massive pompom, which always make me smile

Class: potions
House: hufflepuff
Project: baby sweater
This was also marled from yarn ends left over from other projects
It has a button flap in the back so that baby can get his head into it!

1 Like

Iā€™d like to propose an advance studies projectā€¦
(And I guess officially abandon the one I currently have listed as I canā€™t even remember what it was!!)

ADVANCED STUDIES PROPOSAL ~
Project Name: birthday cake cardigan
Brief Description
Iā€™m gonna knit myself a cardigan. Iā€™m an adult, and a biggish one at that, so itā€™ll take a while - usually a few months. Iā€™m gonna use cupcake colours and lice stitch so itā€™ll look like itā€™s covered in sprinkles,
I went and picked out my yarn today and OMG itā€™s so floofy! Iā€™m excited to start

6 Likes

ohhhhhhhhhh Iā€™m in LOVE! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I canā€™t wait to see your cupcake cardigan!

1 Like

ā€œLice stitchā€ just gave me the heebie jeebies.

2 Likes