CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Ostara 2021

Gorgeous tote!

1 Like

Thanks! I got the pattern from the May 2021 issue of Cross Stitcher magazine. :slight_smile:

This is so beautiful! Did you design it, or use a pattern?

1 Like

Thanks! It wasn’t me but it’d be sweet if I did! It’s an Emma Congdon pattern. :slight_smile:

Class: COMC
House: Hufflepuff
Craft: sunshine hat
I marled some yarn ends from my stash to make this baby hat - it’s the colour of sunshine (very jolly, and helps produce vitamin D) plus has a massive pompom, which always make me smile

Class: potions
House: hufflepuff
Project: baby sweater
This was also marled from yarn ends left over from other projects
It has a button flap in the back so that baby can get his head into it!

1 Like

I’d like to propose an advance studies project…
(And I guess officially abandon the one I currently have listed as I can’t even remember what it was!!)

ADVANCED STUDIES PROPOSAL ~
Project Name: birthday cake cardigan
House: Hufflepuff
Brief Description
I’m gonna knit myself a cardigan. I’m an adult, and a biggish one at that, so it’ll take a while - usually a few months. I’m gonna use cupcake colours and lice stitch so it’ll look like it’s covered in sprinkles,
I went and picked out my yarn today and OMG it’s so floofy! I’m excited to start

6 Likes

ohhhhhhhhhh I’m in LOVE! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I can’t wait to see your cupcake cardigan!

1 Like

“Lice stitch” just gave me the heebie jeebies.

2 Likes

Yhea, it really needs some rebranding!

4 Likes

I had hoped it was just a weird autocorrect mistake. :joy:

2 Likes

Your proposal has been added to the project log! Happy knitting. :yarn:

Class or Challenge Title: Alchemy
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name & Page Link: Purple Sari Silk Purse Fob
Brief Description: This purse fob uses grey metal charms and findings! Along with purple and pink sari silks, deerskin leather, beads, and a pink druzy stone.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Iron Chef - Yellow/Orange
Project Name & Page Link: Pickled Ginger
Brief Description: I’ve been getting boxes from Imperfect Foods, and sometimes what shows up is not exactly what you’re expecting. I ordered what I thought was 1 ginger root. I ended up with 1 pound of pieces of ginger root! Some of the ends were starting to dry out, and I knew I had to use it up, so I made homemade pickled ginger. Specifically a half batch of the recipe linked above. The ginger itself is already a golden yellow, and the addition of the turmeric in the recipe amps up the color even more. I can’t wait to try it out in grain bowls.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Study of Ancient Runes
Project Name & Page Link: Turquoise Sari Silk Purse Fob
Brief Description: This purse fob contains 6 component materials: silk, leather, metal, glass, crystal, and stone.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Transfiguration
Project Name & Page Link: Peach & Honey Oatmeal Muffins
Brief Description: Imperfect also sent me a ton of small peaches, which were getting softer faster than I could eat them. So time to make muffins! I actually had so many peaches, that I doubled the recipe, and some will go in the freezer. The recipe itself calls for 2T of oats to be sprinkled on top of the muffins. I mixed the oats with a bit of brown sugar, cinnamon, and olive oil, to make a lighter version of a streusel topping. The doubled batch made 21 muffins… We’ve already eaten a few… Hopefully the rest will make it till tea time.
Project Picture:

2 Likes

Whilst I fully admit that typos are very much my modus operandi, not this time!

2 Likes

I’m sorry, but I love that in a post about how many typos I usually include, I’ve managed to double quote!! :rofl:

2 Likes

A new Hermione’s Book Club prompt has been posted!

I looove your purse fobs.

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Flying
Project Name & Page Link: Rainbow Weaving
Brief Description: While working on my main project for the Owl Post Swap, I had the song the Rainbow Connection stuck in my head. So when I finished that, I decided to create a happy little rainbow weaving as an extra for the swap. The wood frame was from a kit from Darn Good Yarn, but I swapped out the yarn that came with the kit, for a more fun rainbow ombre. I also swapped out the crystal they sent, which was smooth polished, and would have fallen right out of the warp threads. After it was done, I decided it could use a little more sparkle, so I added a chunk of rough cut amethyst stone, and a Swarovski crystal heart.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Potions
Project Name & Page Link: Massachusetts Quilt Block
Brief Description: I had all the fabrics for this Block of the Month for the Quiltalong, right in my stash. I love how dramatic the 2 tone star looks.
Project Picture:

4 Likes

Finally getting a chance to post some projects!

Class: Astronomy
Project Name & Page Link: HST square
Brief Description: As part of the quiltalong, I wanted to play around more with half-square triangles. I cut and sewed a bunch using the magic 8 method and then played around with placement. These little squares are totally modular and can be swapped around until you’re happy with the design!
Project Picture:

Class: CoMC
Project Name & Page Link: Erin Wedding Stitch
Brief Description: Made for EriChanHime in the little good things swap, I stitched up a little hoop to celebrate her recent wedding. Definitely brought joy and happiness.
Project Picture:

Challenge: Headmistress: May
Project Name & Page Link: Book Lover Embroidery
Brief Description: For the stitchalong theme of a hobby outside of crafting, I chose reading. I’m aiming to read 50 books this year (currently halfway through!). When I saw this pattern from Particular Embroidery on Etsy, I knew I had to stitch it up. Etsy has become a trusted source for embroidery patterns lately. I love stitching up the unique designs I find there!
Project Picture:

Challenge: House Unity
Project Name & Page Link: Hufflepuff Themed Pillow Cover
Brief Description: I made this for @seeuudee for the Owl Post Swap. I used the Color Jolt Pillow Pattern purchased from Etsy (link above) and the Hufflepuff FQ bundle from AnchorQuilt (also on Etsy). I hadn’t done paper piecing in a while and ran into a few frustrating moments, but was really happy with the final product.
Project Picture:

Challenge: Iron Chef Hogwarts: Yellow/Orange
Project Name & Page Link: Potato and cheese pierogis
Brief Description: I attempted to make pierogis from scratch last night. They were ok. I’m impressed they stayed together, actually, so I’ll take that win. The flavor was ok, but the dough was probably a little thick (it was tough to roll out!) and a little bland. I’m not sure I will go through the effort to make these again vs buying frozen ones in the store, but it was a fun adventure! I used Yukon gold potatoes!
Project Picture:

5 Likes

And I absolutely love the final product :smiley:

1 Like