CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Ostara 2021

It’s coming out so beautifully!

1 Like

Class: Muggle Studies
House: Hufflepuff
Project: Doll Sweater (made using this pattern)
Description: knitting is pretty much the most “hand heavy” craft that I do (somehow even more so than crochet although I can’t quite articulate why it feels this way). I needed a quick win project and a doll sweater fit the bill nicely.

5 Likes

Sending all the healing hugs from across the water :two_hearts:

I am loving that afghan, it is going to be so snuggly :smiley:

I have loved watching the beautiful pattern emerge and I adore the colours

1 Like

Advanced studies update…

4 Likes

~ COMPLETED ADVANCED STUDIES ~
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name & Link: Winter Wonderland Sampler
Brief Description: She done! It was a labor at times. (Man, I am sick of snow and winter and thrilled to start my Spring Sampler soon.) I might now make myself work on my other Advanced Studies’ assignment.
Project Picture:

Alright @MistressJennie…I feel it in my bones. You’re gonna finish the next Advanced Study with your giant afghan. :crossed_fingers:

7 Likes

That winter scene is amazing!!

1 Like

Thank you!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Class: Apparition
Project: tiny pouch
Description: This tiny rainbow stripe pouch has an inside and outside. I used this pattern https://so-sew-easy.com/teeny-tiny-mini-zipper-pouch/

Class: Potions
Project: keychain tiny pouch
Description: The green pouch I made to go on my keychain. I used the same pattern as above, the striped one i just did not box as deeply. My keychain pouch helps me keep track of my change and chapstick. (pictured above with the other pouch)

Class: Book Club: Ch 10 The Rogue Bludger
Project: Exercise Leggings
For these leggings I took the “difficult way” of creating a pattern based on small too-small leggings.

4 Likes

@plaidpineapple - I love the rainbow pouch and thank you for sharing that pattern, so many uses :smiley:

Class or Challenge Title: Hermione’s Book Club Chapter 10
Project Name & Page Link: Inchie Background
Brief Description: I took the long road with these inchie and twinchie backgrounds, by using a blank sheet of card and zentangle doodling across it, rather than using a piece of scrapbooking paper
Project Picture:

4 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: astronomy
House: ravenclaw
Project Name & Page Link: Audrey2 from little shop of horrors
Brief Description: modular, oh so many parts. 39 sections, each with at least 4 pieces of fabric, some had 7. I’m a very fast crafter, but this 20*20" piece took three days!
Project Picture:

So many pattern pieces!

7 Likes

:open_mouth: It is so amazing

That’s amazing!

Class or Challenge Title: Divination
Project Name & Page Link: Mustard Ripples Hat
http://www.cascadeyarns.com/patternsFree/A353_ReBound_Hat_for_Ella.pdf
Brief Description: Definitely something to keep me warm in the winter snows we’ve been getting, I knitted this hat with some stash yarn that was gifted to me by a good friend. Because my needles were bigger than the pattern called for, I ended up doing 3 stripes of stockinette instead of the 5 the pattern lists.
Project Picture:

6 Likes

Your hat looks so good! I love mustard color for winter gear, it just brightens up the whole winter mood. (And it looks awesome with your hair color!!)

2 Likes

Awesome AS work! Your completed project has earned you 100 points for your house! :tada: :tada:

2 Likes

A Quick note from the Advanced Studies Examiner Office

As a yearly practice, any advanced studies proposals that are more than 3 years old will be removed from the project log. For 2021, I am removing any proposals proposed in 2017 or prior.

These include:

@jenleahlynn: Arithmancy, December 15, 2017
@rockmygypsysoul: Muggle Studies, September 11, 2017
@J-Kieviet: Alchemy #1, June 3, 2017, CoMC, June 3, 2017
@primrosepetunia: Transfiguration, Option 1, February 21, 2017
@TechnicolorAquahearts: Arithmancy, August 14, 2017, Charms, August 14, 2017

If anyone would like these AS proposals continued/extended, please PM me and let me know! I will reinstate them with a new date.

Thank you!

2 Likes

A new Book Club challenge has been posted!

1 Like

@MistressJennie Oh no, feel better! Tailbone bruises are the worst. At least that massive afghan is big enough to give you extra cushioning while working on it. Brilliant foresight.

@AntBee That pattern and color combination is glorious! I’m in awe.

@Trillian This is so cute! That little touch of yellow is so perfect with the doll’s hair.

@Whistlefish Hot damn. Congratulations! How did you not give up and just embroider those little foxes on everything?

@plaidpineapple The perfect cheerful solution for lost chapstick. I love that it could hide in a bigger bag or being its own bag-free self.

@Edel I gasped, I shreaked, I checked for a spontaneous solar eclipse! The perspective and geometric shape is absolutely rad.

@sheepBlue That’s the friendliest hat ever! Winter sunshine for sure.

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Acid Pops Challenge
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name & Page Link: Sassy Shrooms
Brief Description: I’m really struggling with a new crochet pattern on another project, and after yet another mess of yarn, I made some no-pattern, no counting, do whatever looks funky fungus. Were you thinking they’d be friendly forest finds? Wrong, they are made of sass and chaos.

4 Likes