CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Ostara 2021

@AntBee took the words right out of my mouth! :black_heart:

3 Likes

Beautiful!

A new Hermioneā€™s Book Club prompt has been posted!

Class or Challenge Title: Alchemy
House: Slytherin ::snake:: ::yarn::
Project Name & Page Link: Grey Baby Vertebrae cardigan
Brief Description: Used some speckled grey yarn that I dyed myself.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Muggle Studies
Project Name & Page Link: Fiber Coven broken rib socks
Brief Description: crafted some socks by hand. I improvised a 3x1 broken rib sock pattern.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress - Boxing Telescope
Project Name & Page Link: Baby Sophisticate cardigan
Brief Description: This is definitely a punch of color.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress - Ten Second Pimple
Project Name & Page Link: Green Baby Vertebrae cardigan
Brief Description: Used up some green Cascade 220 yarn that had been taking up space in my stash.
Project Picture:

5 Likes

Oh my gosh I LOVE that gray cardigan! Just needs a little Engorgio and Accio. :wink:

And while I love that little green cardigan, the March Iron Chef prompt is for cooking with green ingredients. :green_heart: But you could totally use this as a stash detention prompt!

2 Likes

Adorable cardigans! And thank you Abbeeroad for catching this. All Iron Chef Hogwarts prompts are specifically for cooking projects. :green_heart:

2 Likes

OMG, duh. Massive brain fart on the Iron chef prompt! Thanks guys! wow, my brain.

Edit, I have changed the green cardigan to be a headmistress challenge. That yarn lingered in stash for SO long. Thanks again!

2 Likes

:zap: :gift: :owl: :heart: Hey Friends! If I were to propose an HP themed swap for the next round of swaps, what kind of HP swap would you like to see? Iā€™m thinking something fun, and carefree, as spring returns and the end of the pandemic is sort of in sight. Something cheerful and happy. What do you guys think? Any themes (I Want to Live in the Burrow, Owl Post, Craft My Hogwarts House, Back to Hogwarts), or requirements youā€™d love to see? :heart: :owl: :gift: :zap:

4 Likes

Iā€™ve been thinking about this all afternoon. I love all the HP swaps weā€™ve seen over the years so itā€™s hard to say what would be most desirable now. Maybe something smaller to facilitate shipping? I love the ones that have secret HP options like the burrow and malkins swaps- where you can do the aesthetics OR the character specific projectsā€¦ this isnt really helpful, I suppose, but I didnā€™t want to not answer anything!

1 Like

I would second this :smiley:

I think either the burrow or the craft my house appeal to me right now

Hmmā€¦Iā€™ve been thinking on this too. I have an idea ruminating in my head for something maybe, trying to figure out how it would work.

What is Owl Post? How does that work?

Owl Post was a swap theme someone suggested awhile ago, for HP themed paper goods. Like notecards, stationary, stickers, etc. we never really fleshed out the idea further, but the name stuck with me.

~ COMPLETED ADVANCED STUDIES ~
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: Muggle Doll Shoes
Project Page Link: CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Yule 2020/21
Brief Description: It is done! YAY! This project was a good challenge, and I learned a lot. If it had not been an advanced studies project I probably would have thrown in the towel after the first few tries. This craftalong really helped me stick to it. Muggle doll shoes are so small and fiddly. I learned how to use polymer clay, ribbons, fabric, pleather and repainting to create the tiny shoes. I also learned how to make a silicone mold and a cookie cutter. The cookie cutter of the doll foot was the BEST idea for creating doll soles. Seriously, it was a game changer for the polymer clay shoes. I also learned to use resin for the first time while using my silicone mold for doll wedges. The resin wedge soles though were not as great as I hoped because it is difficult to add some extra shaping and finetuning after the sole is made. I also made a shoe shelf from matboard.

4 Likes

Wow, they are all amazing - and the variety. They look amazing on the shoe shelf

2 Likes

~ ADVANCED STUDIES PROPOSAL ~
Project Name: Bra Making
House: Hufflepuff
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques used, materials using, plan of action, expected timeline, etc.) A few months ago I started looking at blogs were people created amazing bras from scratch. I swore I would never take on such a complicated sewing projectā€¦so of course I couldnā€™t stop looking at the gorgeous ones on pinterest. Now I am sucked in and have to learn how to make them. My goal is to make 3 well fitting bras. I think I will use 2 different patterns. There will be a lot of study(watching and reading tutorials) involved. I will also need to make some muslins for the right fit. I think it will take around 20 hours.

3 Likes

Anyone else wish to chime in on swap ideas? Iā€™m waiting to post my proposal in the Round 6 ideas thread until I get a sense of what people are up for right now. :wink:

I love crafting to someoneā€™s favourite things. List your favourite house, shop, spell, character, teacher, treat, subject book, so on and use this as inspiration for crafting for someone - that way it can be pretty open ended in terms of crafting :slight_smile:

1 Like

I will probably only join if itā€™s on the small side. Owl post sounds intriguingā€¦ :thinking:

1 Like

Same hereā€¦Iā€™m over swapped from this current round. I joined so much. Iā€™m sitting out most of the next swaps so I can craft freely.

1 Like

Ok, the new swap has been proposed. You can see it here:

1 Like