CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Ostara 2021

It was rough but I did it and it’s over with. Thank goodness. Glad to hear it gave you a boost as well! I suppose detentions aren’t such a bad thing every once in a while.

1 Like

:notes:Happy birthday @nettleseed!! :musical_note:
:birthday: :balloon:

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Detention - Advanced Studies
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name & Page Link: Never-Ending Mega-Afghan Progress
Brief Description: I spent much of Thursday, an hour on Friday, and the two hours of our Valentine’s Craft Date working on the never-ending mega afghan. The first pic shows where I started Thursday, marked with a stitch marker. The second shot is just after I stopped working on it yesterday evening.
Project Picture:

3 Likes

It gets more beautiful each time you show it! I bet you won’t be working with that color for a long time after you are done! lol…it must be a special friend…

1 Like

It would have been so much faster if he asked for a quilt! But yeah, David is an awesome friend. I don’t know if I would have survived my previous job without him.

2 Likes

It is such a beautiful and dense stitch…my sister is really into solid colors and doesn’t like much of anything scrappy…I was thinking I could make her a lap blanket in cream colored yarn by Christmas…not sure I have your patience…

You have to make sure you don’t accidentally fall into a regular double crochet stitch. It’s so ingrained to do a dc, that you have to remind yourself so much to do the ever so slightly different herringbone. The pattern was designed with a contrasting fringe. The example was a grey blanket with white fringe. But David said no to the fringe. So one big flat blanket it is.

4 Likes

I’m very curious to how much that afghan will weigh when its all done! So. Much. Yarn.

1 Like

@AntBee Aww, thank you so much! :orange_heart:

@Whistlefish It’s turning out so sweet. That field of blue, though… your tenacity and precision are aspirational. Same goes for @seeuudee!

@MistressJennie That stitch looks so squishable! The recipient best only touch it with reverence and clean hands.

4 Likes

@Whistlefish that cross stitch is looking lovely!! I truly admire your patience!

@MistressJennie that afghan looks so squooshy! I want to squish it!!

2 Likes

Class: Divination
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Sausage, Spinach, and Tortelluna Soup
Brief Description: In order to protect ourselves from the weather we made soup last night. I said “we” because I made my reluctant 8-year-old make it with me. She got into the spirit and was so proud and said she felt like a chef. It was a pretty easy recipe but as with any project involving children…much harder/longer with “help”. Lol! And the best surprise of all…since she made it she was excited to actually eat it. Under normal circumstances she wouldn’t even touch the soup probably. Hooray!!

Here’s the recipe we used: https://cookathomemom.com/sausage-tortellini-soup/

We used a different sausage since our pick up grocery order said they didn’t have it. We also used frozen tortellini because that’s what we had.
Project Picture:

6 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Hermione’s Book Club, Chapter 10
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Dish scrubbers
Brief Description: As I have both a sink full of dishes and every dish cloth in the laundry, the only path was to take the long route and just make new dish cloths. One bobble pattern, one basket weave (and I just realized I left the ribbed one out of the photo, oops).

4 Likes

Challenge Title: Book Club
Project Name & Page Link: French Braid Mug Rug
Brief Description: I did the example, lol! My first time hand sewing a binding! Love the way this finishes a piece.
Project Picture:

Class Title: Charms
Project Name & Page Link: Heart Block
Brief Description: Made for the Quiltalong BOM! I just love the little heart. :heart:
Project Picture:

Class Title: Flying
Project Name & Page Link: Snow Dye!
Brief Description: I love the Red Hot Chili Peppers. It’s hard to pic a favorite song of theirs, but “Snow” certainly has a special place in my heart. Since we’ve had an abundance of it lately, I busted out my dye stash and did some snow dyeing.
Project Picture:

Challenge Title: Iron Chef
Project Name & Page Link: Heart-shaped pizzas!
Brief Description: I use Betty Crocker’s basic pizza crust recipe for my pizza. Nothing fancy, but it does the trick. Home-made RED sauce with whole peeled tomatoes, fresh parsley and basil, and a little bit of olive oil and garlic, and lots of parmesan and mozzarella cheese on top finish off this family pleasing meal. I made them heart-shaped just for fun and extra craftiness. :heart:
Project Picture:

Class Title: Muggle Studies
Project Name & Page Link: Scrap Fabric Twine
Brief Description: Boy were my hands sore after making this stuff! But the effect is so worth it. And the use of scrap certainly conserves resources!
Project Picture:

6 Likes

Jumping in the deep end here, I guess? lol.

Challenge Title: Astronomy
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name & Page Link: Endless Circles Wall Hanging
Brief Description: Idle hands make random things. I was bored so just started weaving these tiny circles and didn’t stop for a long time.

7 Likes

Welcome to the HP Craftalong @sheepBlue! Hufflepuff House is lucky to have you! :yellow_heart: :badger: :yellow_heart:

1 Like

Hey, Sheep! Glad to see you here!

2 Likes

Yay!! Welcome @sheepblue! @MistressJennie was right, the perfect Astronomy submission. :ringer_planet::earth_asia::milky_way:

The HPC can be a lot it take in at first but it really isn’t. We’re glad to have you here! Let us know if you have any questions.

:yellow_heart::black_heart::yellow_heart::black_heart::yellow_heart::black_heart::yellow_heart::black_heart::yellow_heart::black_heart:

(Imagine these hearts above as a Hufflepuff welcoming banner! :blush:)

3 Likes

Woohoo!!!

Challenge Title: Alchemy
Project Name & Page Link: Curvy Barbie Professional Dress
Brief Description: I just received my first curvy Barbie, she is gorgeous. She came in a workout outfit. First thing she needs of course, is a work outfit. I made this grey dress for her. Paired with her blazer (next class) she is ready for whatever the office throws her way.

Challenge Title: Arithmancy
Project Name & Page Link: Barbie Blazer
Brief Description: I tried to make the blazer a little “clearly” fancy with trying tiny little rivets for the first time. They were very easy to use and will probably show up in a lot of future projects.

And a picture of them together :slight_smile:

6 Likes

@sheepBlue - welcome to the HPC and yay for Hufflepuff :smiley: