CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Ostara 2021

I love that it’s a curvy Barbie! I didn’t even know that was a thing. I googled it after your post and they have some really cool ones!

Welcome to Hufflepuff, @sheepBlue!!! And, of course, to HPC. :grin:

1 Like

Thanks everyone!

2 Likes

Advanced Studies Friday Saturday Update: I slipped and fell on our back porch steps on Thursday, and really banged up my tailbone. I’m unable to sit on the couch, or go upstairs to my studio. It hurts to do just about everything. The one place I can seem to land is the dining chair I like to crochet in. So since I literally can’t go anywhere or do anything else, I’m working on the mega afghan. I’m on row 109 now, and am on my 18th skein of yarn. 2 left after this.

4 Likes

I can’t believe that happened to you. Dear Universe, she was totally going to finish that blanket in short order, she did not need you to plunk her in that chair like that.
Signed,
C’monnnnnnn

5 Likes

Jen, I frickin love you.

2 Likes

Here’s my Advanced Studies report:
I’ve actually been doing it! Whoaaaa.
I am on track to finish it before the end of the month! I hope I do, i do not want to celebrate our sixth anniversary as WiP and Knitter. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

It’s coming out so beautifully!

1 Like

Class: Muggle Studies
House: Hufflepuff
Project: Doll Sweater (made using this pattern)
Description: knitting is pretty much the most “hand heavy” craft that I do (somehow even more so than crochet although I can’t quite articulate why it feels this way). I needed a quick win project and a doll sweater fit the bill nicely.

5 Likes

Sending all the healing hugs from across the water :two_hearts:

I am loving that afghan, it is going to be so snuggly :smiley:

I have loved watching the beautiful pattern emerge and I adore the colours

1 Like

Advanced studies update…

4 Likes

~ COMPLETED ADVANCED STUDIES ~
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name & Link: Winter Wonderland Sampler
Brief Description: She done! It was a labor at times. (Man, I am sick of snow and winter and thrilled to start my Spring Sampler soon.) I might now make myself work on my other Advanced Studies’ assignment.
Project Picture:

Alright @MistressJennie…I feel it in my bones. You’re gonna finish the next Advanced Study with your giant afghan. :crossed_fingers:

7 Likes

That winter scene is amazing!!

1 Like

Thank you!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Class: Apparition
Project: tiny pouch
Description: This tiny rainbow stripe pouch has an inside and outside. I used this pattern https://so-sew-easy.com/teeny-tiny-mini-zipper-pouch/

Class: Potions
Project: keychain tiny pouch
Description: The green pouch I made to go on my keychain. I used the same pattern as above, the striped one i just did not box as deeply. My keychain pouch helps me keep track of my change and chapstick. (pictured above with the other pouch)

Class: Book Club: Ch 10 The Rogue Bludger
Project: Exercise Leggings
For these leggings I took the “difficult way” of creating a pattern based on small too-small leggings.

4 Likes

@plaidpineapple - I love the rainbow pouch and thank you for sharing that pattern, so many uses :smiley:

Class or Challenge Title: Hermione’s Book Club Chapter 10
Project Name & Page Link: Inchie Background
Brief Description: I took the long road with these inchie and twinchie backgrounds, by using a blank sheet of card and zentangle doodling across it, rather than using a piece of scrapbooking paper
Project Picture:

4 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: astronomy
House: ravenclaw
Project Name & Page Link: Audrey2 from little shop of horrors
Brief Description: modular, oh so many parts. 39 sections, each with at least 4 pieces of fabric, some had 7. I’m a very fast crafter, but this 20*20" piece took three days!
Project Picture:

So many pattern pieces!

7 Likes

:open_mouth: It is so amazing

That’s amazing!