CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Ostara 2021

Yep. I have just 1 left. I’m hoping to get it done today, but it might be tomorrow, since I’m also trying to take very slow walks around the neighborhood to get some more mobility back. I managed 1 walk alone yesterday, and 1 much-less-fun walk with the pup.

2 Likes

You guys are rocking the AS, @MistressJennie @Whistlefish!!

Abbeeroad’s AS UPDATE

I have been working my way through Alisa Burke’s online journaling class “Chasing Freedom.” Here are some of my recent backgrounds inspired by the daily prompts:

Day 1: Scribbles:

Day 2: One Line:

Day 3: Use Your Hands

Day 4: Black and White

Today’s class “connect with color” just dropped!

4 Likes

@Abbeeroad Loving all of the journaling prompts so far

Class or Challenge Title: Hermione’s Book Club Chapter 11
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name & Page Link: Hufflepuff Cross Stitch
Brief Description: A couple of evenings ago I spent 2 hours on my advanced study of cross stitch whilst watching HP and the Chamber of Secrets :smiley:

Starting point…

And two hours later…

And Advanced Studies update…

Hufflepuff was finished this evening, Ravenclaw is next up

8 Likes

Woohoo! One down!

1 Like

@Abbeeroad your mug rug is great! I love the fabrics you chose. Hand stitched binding is always a favourite of mine :slight_smile: Snow dyeing sounds intriguing?! We never get snow, so it’s not like it’s something I could ever try :grimacing: And your scrap fabric twine is gorgeous! What will you make with it? Your art journal is coming along so well! My favourite page is Day 3: Use Your Hands - I see a lime green heart in the middle.

@sheepBlue welcome to our craftalong! :smiley: Your wall hanging is fantastic! Did you actually make the fabric that makes up those circles yourself? I love your cozy hat too :relaxed:

@Whistlefish congratulations on finishing your gorgeous Winter cross stitch! :blue_heart:

@Edel your paper piecing is epic!! What will you do with the piece?

@MistressJennie I’m sorry you broke your bum! :flushed: I damaged my coccyx in a snowboarding accident, as well as damaged a hockey puck sized patch of nerves in my tooshie… it was a painful few years :woozy_face: Sending you my best wishes to get better very soon xxx Your raw edge circle quilt is wonderful! I’d love to sew curves but have never taken up the challenge. I also love the subtle Gryffindor hints :lion:

@seeuudee your Hufflepuff cross stitch is so awesome!! I love it!

2 Likes

Actually, there are no tricky pieced curves in the raw edge circle quilt block! The circles are cut out, then sewn on top of the squares, 1/4" from the raw edge of the fabric. So technically you are sewing in a circle, but you aren’t trying to piece it, just a rough applique with a raw edge. It’s supposed to fray along those raw edges, to give the quilt a more textured aged look over time.

2 Likes

Sure did! It was a great project for some mindless crafting.

1 Like

Unreal!

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Care of Magical Creatures
Project Name & Page Link: Mittens
Brief Description: First time making a pair of mittens, and although a bit wonky, they give me joy, both with the finished project and the colors in the yarn.
Project Picture:

4 Likes

Those mittens are so darn cheerful! Well done. And Welcome to the HP Craftalong. :yellow_heart:

1 Like

Welcome to HPC and welcome to Hufflepuff, @skrutt!! Those mittens are so happy and lovely!

Challenge: Detention - Stash Challenge (1)
House: HUFFLEPUFF
Project Name: SmartDoll Hat
Project Description: I made this hat with just a little yarn and a cute pompon from my stash. I always say “pompom,” but I guess it’s really “pompon.” What do you all say?
Project Pic:
MIRAIHAT

3 Likes

Cute little hat! And tiny little pompom (at least in the USA)…did you make it as well, so tiny?

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress February
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name & Page Link: Dark Heart Quilt Block
Brief Description: I made this dark and scrappy heart block with black and dark blood red 2.5" fabric strips.
Project Picture:

3 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Iron Chef - Red
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name & Page Link: Blood Orange Marmalade
Brief Description: Just under the wire for February’s challenge, I hope! After two failed attempts at winging it (check for rotten spots and hubris), this batch is from a reliable Food In Jars recipe for floral-vamp citrus season goodness.

2 Likes

Class: HMC - February
Project: Doll Dress
Description: Something a little darker than the normal pink & pastels associated with Valentines and February.

2 Likes

Merlin’s pants! Fred & George Weasley have somehow taken over our Headmistress Challenges! Over the next two months, the pranksters hope you’ll enjoy these prompts inspired by their Weasely’s Wizard Wheezes creations.

5 Likes

AH! Let chaos reign! And fun, of course, fun. :grin:

2 Likes

:rainbow: Iron Chef Ostara Cook the Rainbow Challenge :rainbow:

:green_apple: :cucumber: :leafy_green: :broccoli: March: GREEN. Lettuce, kiwi, matcha! Cook with GREEN ingredients this month. Try a glowing green hummus, parmesan garlic green beans, or some sweet mint chocolate chip cookies.

3 Likes

I totally want to try that green hummus!

1 Like

Class: DADA
Project Name & Page Link: Clothesline Necklace
Brief Description: I made this for a friend who sent me some paper craft supplies. Clothesline wrapped in fabric and a macramé bead.
Project Picture:

Class: Divination
Project Name & Page Link: Hot Mess Headband
Brief Description: My first knitted project! This headband will certainly protect my ears from the cold. Here’s the tutorial/pattern I used: The Hot Mess Headband.
Project Picture:

Class: Herbology
Project Name & Page Link: Ovary Up Embroidery
Brief Description: I was really inspired to stitch up something contrasting a traditional, floral, feminine pattern with more crass/bad ass language.
Project Picture:

Class: History of Magic
Project Name & Page Link: Knitting Swatches
Brief Description: I recently learned how to knit thanks to a 14-day learn to knit video series from The Knitting Circle. Here are the results of my labors! Stockinette stitch, seed stitch, moss stitch, k2 p2 ribbing, and garter stitch.
Project Picture:

Class: Potions
Project Name & Page Link: Scrappy Crowns
Brief Description: Made fully from stash, I whipped up these fun crowns for my daughters to play in!
Project Picture:

5 Likes