CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Ostara 2022

Ooo…I love that! I have been wanting to try that style of embroidery.

1 Like

@tendstowardschaos beautiful colours on your shawl! I love the visible mending on your quilt too - did you manage to tension the thicknesses of a quilt in an ordinary embroidery ring, or is there a special type?

Challenge: Head’s Challenge April
House: Hufflepuff
Project: colour vocabulary banks

So, a trainee that I had before christmas brought in some colour vocabulary banks and I hate them (they are… just a list of things that colour, not proper colour words. No crimson or cyan, all ‘gerkin-green’ and ‘mocha-coloured.’ Ugh.). But my class love them. So I’ve made a replacement! I designed these on my tablet so they are digital files, I’ll print the two sides (1 side colour words, 1 side broader descriptions about colour such as vivid, dappled and harmonious) back to back so the kids can just grab a sheet if they want one while we are writing

6 Likes

Hey all, I am sorry for being MIA, March and this month have really been busy for me but I have been able to get some crafting done.

Challenge: Potions
House: Slytherin
Title: Postpartum Sitz Bath

I created a postpartum sitz bath for one of my clients,
Herbs included:
Lavender
Calendula
Chammomile
Comfrey
Yarrow
Sea Salt
I boiled some water in my electric teapot, while it was boiling, I stuffed some natural tea bags with the ingredients, I used two tea bags for all of the herbs. I placed it into a mason jar and poured the boiled distilled water over the tea bags and closed the lid. I allowed the herbs to brew overnight.
After brewing, I transferred the brew into a sitz bottle and placed 3 drops of rosemary essential oil in the brewed medicine before putting the lid on.

My client was very happy to receive this to assist with her healing after birth.

7 Likes

Challenge: Flying
Title: Chunky Birthday Sweater
Pattern Easy Crochet Cropped Sweater - Free Pattern + Video | For The Frills

So I wanted to make a cute bday sweater for myself. It turned out to be a little too large but I still liked it. I used Bernat Softee Chunky Yarn colors Brass and Black. It took me about 3 weeks to work on it and I finished it right before I went out to dinner on my birthday.

7 Likes

That sweater looks awesome! I can’t believe you stitched it up so quickly!

1 Like

I have been horribly delinquent in posting my projects this term. Playing a little bit of catch up!

Class: Alchemy
House: Gryffindor
Project Name & Page Link: Abstract Flower Journal Page
Brief Description: Using basic shapes of squares and triangles, I painted up this spread in my art journal based on one of Alisa Burke’s classes.
Project Picture:

Class: Divination
LC Challenge: Inspired-along Challenge Entry
Project Name & Page Link: Knitted Fingerless Gloves
Brief Description: My hands had been feeling a bit cold with this back and forth spring weather, so I stitched up a pair of fingerless gloves to help keep the chill out!
Project Picture:

Challenge: Headmistress Challenge: April
Project Name & Page Link: Tie Dye Onesies
Brief Description: Made for a friend, these colorful onesies contain all the colors of the rainbow!
Project Picture:

Class: Herbology
Project Name & Page Link: Wild Hippie Stitch
Brief Description: This little stitch certainly makes my heart happy!
Project Picture:

Class: Transfiguration
Project Name & Page Link: “Key” Lime Pie
Brief Description: I made this pie for my MIL’s birthday. Key lime pie is one of her favorite desserts. It’s magical how a little time in the oven makes this pie set beautifully!
Project Picture:

6 Likes

~ ADVANCED STUDIES PROPOSAL ~
Project Name: Everyday Raglan
Brief Description:

I will attempt to knit my first sweater! I’m going to use the Sheep and Stitch Everyday Raglan pattern/tutorial. I will use Cascade Yarns Ecological Wool in natural gray (2 skeins). I have the circular needles, but need to acquire the size US 8 and 10 DPNs. I expect this will take me several months. I’ll be lucky if it’s ready for this coming winter!

5 Likes

I love you flowers! They are so nice! The bold colors and the square-ness of them!

2 Likes

Thanks, I got most done during my Postpartum shifts

2 Likes

@Abbeeroad I really like your Wild Hippie Stitch project. I wish my eyes would allow me to do cross-stitch and embroidery like my younger days

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Alchemy
Project Name & Page Link: Loom Book Bracelet
Brief Description: I made this bracelet for my friend gozer for the fill a flate rate box swap. She loves books, so I found this cute little book charm and added it to the bracelet.
Project Picture:
IMG_5245.HEIC

Class or Challenge Title: Apparition
Project Name & Page Link: Spring Loom Bracelet
Brief Description: I made this bracelet for the Easter swap. It features little round beads and a cute button. I added a little butterfly charm to it.
Project Picture:
IMG_5087.HEIC

Class or Challenge Title: Herbology
Project Name & Page Link: Potions of Greater Healing
Brief Description: Our D&D group came from out of town to visit last week. My husband thought it would be fun to make some healing potions as gifts for them, so I set out to just so. We purchased bottled and half filled them with red resin, that I mixed and colored with shimmering mica powder. Once cured, we added 4 d4 dice that we had purchased inside. So you can shake the bottle and dump the contents and add up the dice values, add 4 and that is how much healing you would take. I added some twine to the outside and little labels that I designed in photoshop, printed and laminated. I love how they turned out and I’m ready for some more resin adventures!
Project Picture:
IMG_5249.HEIC
IMG_5250.HEIC

Class or Challenge Title: Muggle Studies
Project Name & Page Link: Snoopy charm items
Brief Description: I made a Snoopy keychain and Snoopy bookmark for the Easter Swap. My printer decided to stop working, so I traced the design directly off my ipad and onto the shrink material. It was the silliest method that I’ve done to transfer something, but I had a “make it work” moment, and succeeded.
Project Picture:
IMG_5088.HEIC

Class or Challenge Title: Transfiguration
Project Name & Page Link: Lemon Bundt Cake
Brief Description: I made this lemon bundt cake for my sister for birthday. She wanted a lighter dessert, and this fit the bill. It was delicious!

Project Picture:
IMG_5111.HEIC

Class or Challenge Title: History of Magic (HoM)
Project Name & Page Link: Cat Cross Stitch
Brief Description: I picked out what I thought would be a quicker design for my swap partner, gozer. Nope! I’m a slow stitcher! Even though I was working on it for a month, the last week I had to do a big push to get it done in time. Phew!
Project Picture:
IMG_5242.HEIC

Class or Challenge Title: Divination
Project Name & Page Link: “I’m a King Prawn, Ok”
Brief Description: My youngest loves Pepe the King Prawn. I searched and searched for a design I could put on a sweatshirt for her, but I couldn’t find anything. So I printed off a picture, traced around it with a sharpie. I then scanned the design and cleaned it up in photoshop. I uploaded that into cricut and had it cut out the HTV and then applied it to the sweatshirt. Turned out pretty good! Lots of little lines, though!
Project Picture:
IMG_5096.HEIC

Class or Challenge Title: April - Showers to Rainbows
Project Name & Page Link: Faux Leather Bookmarks
Brief Description: I’m discovering all the things I can use my cut out of faux leather with my cricut! This time I did bookmarks! I found some cute faux leather and cut out some cheery designs for my kiddos and my swap partner, gozer!
Project Picture:
IMG_5246.HEIC

Class or Challenge Title: Study of Ancient Runes
Project Name & Page Link: Bob’s Burgers Sweatshirt
Brief Description: My friend gozer like’s Bob’s Burgers. I needed a little bulk for her package, so I decided to make her a sweatshirt! I found a cute on at Old Navy and bought the design off Etsy. I cut it out on HTV with my cricut and ironed it on. I love the little ripples of water at the bottom of the canoe, though they were super difficult to weed. lol! But it turned out super cute!
Project Picture:
IMG_5243.HEIC

Phew! I think that is all that I can fit into the prompts for now! :wink:

9 Likes

Wow! Those are some beautiful projects!!!

2 Likes

Nice!!! I love the Snoopy keychain and bookmark!

2 Likes

Those healing potions are so cool and unique! I bet everyone in your group was thrilled to receive one!

2 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Apparition
Project Name & Page Link: Everyday Red hat
Brief Description:
I used a circular needle to knit this hat! This is a modified version of the Everyday Slouchy Beanie. I just improvised a cable panel. It is a red Fingering weight yarn held double with a strand of black mohair silk.

Class or Challenge Title: History of Magic
Project Name & Page Link: Homemade Baby Burp Cloths
Brief Description: I started these simple burp cloths over a year ago, while I was still pregnant, when I found out a few of my friends were pregnant. I didn’t have a specific recipient in mind until now, since they are finally finished as of today! They have been sitting cut out and pinned on my sewing desk FOREVER!
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: House Unity (Ravenclaw)
Project Name & Page Link: Matchy Match Ribbed Hat
Brief Description: ALL LINKS ARE RAVELRY LINKS. I had yarn leftover from making my husband’s 2x2 Ribbed for His Pleasure hat ( the pattern is just a ribbed hat, the name is suggestive to be funny. Safe for work content :laughing:) . The hat is only written in one size, so I modified it to get a mini version for the baby. I used the Child size stitch cast on numbers from the TinCanKnit Barley Light hat, knit forever in 2x2 rib, then decreased as the 2x2 hat called to. The decreases in the adult version are divided up into 4 decrease points, but the baby hat numbers worked with 3 decrease points.

I tried to pick a size that he can grow into for later this year’s winter. Ribbing is so nice and stretchy!
And it just happens to be a lovely shade of Ravenclaw blue. :eagle:
Project Picture:

Edited to add History of Magic.

8 Likes

Yay, Another Slytherin!!
Welcome :heart: :snake::heart:

3 Likes

Oh my gosh I love your mini hat model! :smile:

1 Like

Yes :snake::white_heart::green_heart::black_heart:

~ ADVANCED STUDIES PROPOSAL ~
Project Name: Ouzo cardigan
Brief Description:
I need a nice cardigan for the office, for when the air conditioning turns on in the warmer weather. This pattern has been in my queue for a while.
This is a large project, a sweater. It involves knitting the pieces separately, then seaming. I have not done much seaming, and it’s been a while And it will be tricky to find time to work on it with an infant. :sweat_smile:

I have already swatched and started the back piece.

6 Likes

oooh that yarn is :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:!

2 Likes