Can’t get enough of these photos! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Ooooh Ada Beatrix is adorable! Congratulations @MistressJennie :hugs:

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: House Pride Challenge
SPEW or LC Contest: Inspired-Along challenge 2022
House: Slytherin
Project Name & Page Link: Slytherin Handspun Yarn
Brief Description: This luscious 3-ply yarn is a wool/silk blend from Paradise fibers in colorway ‘Slathersin.’ They can’t use the actual HP House names, but we know what they mean. The roving is a blend of several shades of green, gray, black and bright-white silk. I spun this semi-worsted to blend the colors, but globs of silk find their way through to create some contrast to the darker greens and grays. This picture was taken prior to washing, so it will fluff up a bit and even out.
Project Picture:

8 Likes

That is the coolest!

1 Like

Thank you!

Class or Challenge Title: Care of Magical Creatures
Project Name & Page Link: Chakra Necklace
Brief Description: Many of the gemstones in this necklace are pearly or iridescent, catching the light and reflecting back colors under the surface. The focal disc is copper and the beads are clear quartz, aquamarine, labradorite, fluorite, amethyst, lapis lazuli, blue tiger’s eye, rose quartz, green aventurine, citrine, peach moonstone, smoky quartz, and black tourmaline. Strung on hemp cord.
Project Picture:

6 Likes

Oh @MistressJennie she is so lovely! And what a great name!!

2 Likes

Congrats!! My job as a Postpartum Birthworker I enjoy dressing my little ones in all the cute outfits they have.

A new Headmistress Challenge and a new Hermione’s Book Club Challenge have been posted!

4 Likes

WOW! I am so glad I let my curiosity guide me to scrolling through this thread. I look at just about every new project topic on the site and there were so many here I hadn’t seen already! Y’all really should post your projects - they’re wonderful!

5 Likes

Sorry for the delay, guys! I was a bit under the weather yesterday. Our Iron Chef Challenge for May takes us to…

:canada: Canada - Poutine anyone? Or a Classic Canadian Caesar? Who can say no to a Nanaimo bar?

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Alchemy
House: Hufflepluff
Project Name & Page Link: Small crocodile
Brief Description: This is a small crocodile knitted on 3 double pointed needles, which creates a triangle when knitting. This was a gift for my brother who is in the hospital at the moment, for his mental health. And he collects crocodiles/alligators, has done so since a kid, so I thought that he needed a friend when staying there.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Aritmancy
Project Name & Page Link: Small bear - Little amigurumi bear, my own design
Brief Description: A tiny bear from my own pattern. I have been wanting to try designing amigurumi, and this was my first attempt. And although Im not completley happy with him, I have a hard time not finish a projct. He is pretty cute though.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Flying
Project Name & Page Link: Impkin
Brief Description: Been lookin at Crafty Intentions patterns for years, and now I finally bought one and made a small impkin. Which felt so good, since I thought they were difficult. And Im so glad I tried, because I could, and now I will make more of her patterns!
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Detention - Stash
Project Name & Page Link: Little wolf
Brief Description: Yarn and eyes and stuffing was found in my stash. So I made a small little wolf.
Project Picture:

6 Likes

They’re all so adorable!

I hope your brother feels better soon and is comforted by your wonderful gift.

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Divination
Project Name & Page Link: Sweater Yarn
Brief Description: Part of an ongoing project to spin enough yarn for a sweater, this chain-plied yarn is comprised of three very fine singles (lines).
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Book Club - Ch. 18
Project Name & Page Link: Magic Pillowcase
Brief Description: This pillowcase will be the presentation case for the Quilt of Valor that I made for my dear friend. The Marine Corps fabric was the only one I could find, and couldn’t make it work with the quilt. But, it makes a nice case!
Project Picture:

6 Likes

I always forget to post my projects in the other finished object threads! LOL. These days I’m usually in a rush when I’m posting here.

1 Like

Voting is now open for the inspired along challenge, see the entries and vote here

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress - May
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name & Page Link: Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Lactation Cookies
Brief Description: Something for a new mom… me! It seems I’m not making nearly enough breast milk, so I’ve been working with a lactation consultant on increasing my supply. As a ‘it might help, it might not, but it certainly can’t hurt’ move, I made these lactation cookies. They are packed with oats, brewer’s yeast, and flaxseed. I made the recipe nearly exactly as written, but I did replace half the all purpose flour with almond flour, replaced 1/4 of the butter with coconut oil, and the water with cashew milk. They are seriously delicious, and both my husband and in-laws can’t stop eating them, so even though it made a HUGE batch, I’ll be making more soon.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: History of Magic
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name & Page Link: Sunshine & Rainbows Nursery
Brief Description: I thought I had posted this here in the HPC, but I just realized that in the lead up to Ada’s arrive, I actually hadn’t! I certainly had moments when I wasn’t sure it would ever be done, or at least ever be done in time. I’m so glad we managed to finish it for her. Sorry for the repetition, for all those who saw it before in its own project post.
Project Picture:

7 Likes