CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Ostara 2022

You’re welcome! They’re a favorite around my house.

Class or Challenge Title: Arithmancy
House: Slytherin
Project Name & Page Link: Improv Creamy Chicken
Brief Description: Was craving something cheesy/creamy for dinner, so I went digging in my cupboard and freezer. Came up with chicken tenderloins, a can of artichoke hearts that were about to expire, a package of frozen spinach that was about to expire, frozen peas, cream cheese, a can of GF condensed cream of chicken soup, half a carton of chicken broth and Parm cheese.

I browned the chicken, then added the broth, soup can, and seasoning (cayenne pepper, paprika, onion powder, minced garlic, black pepper). Cooked the frozen veggies until they were almost done, then tossed them in. Drained, rinsed and chopped the artichoke hearts and added those. Let it all cook a few minutes then added the cream cheese and Parm. Simmered a bit more, and VIOLA. Tasty chicken.

I’m sure there are recipes for something similar online, but I winged this while the baby was sleeping.

BONUS, my husband won’t eat peas, so I was able to freeze a couple portions for emergency lunch, and I have leftovers for lunch later this week. :laughing:
Project Picture:

5 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Study of Ancient Runes
Project Name & Page Link: Gemstone Bracelets
Brief Description: In an effort to use up the gemstone beads in my stash, I made seven elastic bracelets. The stones sparkle, shimmer, and catch the light, and hopefully give off some good vibrations, too.
Project Picture:

7 Likes

Oooh, that bluish one on the bottom… :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

It’s blue tiger’s eye.

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Book Club Ch 18
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name & Page Link: Misc. Quilt Blocks
Brief Description: I refuse to believe that I can’t get a little crafting/me time in, just because baby Ada has arrived. For Mother’s Day my husband gave me a ‘day off’ that I took yesterday, wherein I got to spend the entire afternoon in my studio crafting. I managed 2 quilt blocks, and started planning a third. Today, Jim took Ada’s afternoon feeding, so I could finish that third block.
Project Picture:
Rocky Mountain Puzzle Block for my Halloween quilt block pile.

Royal Star Block for my Rainbow & Black quilt block pile.

Black Cat & Pumpkin Block designed by @marionberries, also for my Halloween quilt block stash.

9 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: House Pride
Project Name & Page Link: N/A
Brief Description: I wanted to have a cool bag to carry things in when I am off in the world, so why not have one that shows my house pride! I created the iron-on transfer on Canva then did the old school way with an iron. I have been looking at Cricut’s but am still on the fence about buying one.

6 Likes

I love your quilt squares so much.

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress - May
Project Name & Page Link: GF Oreo crust cheesecake
Brief Description: I made cheesecake for mother’s day! my mom, my MIL and I all enjoy cheesecake.
I used the basic Philadelphia Classic cheesecake recipe available on the Kraft website, but substituted gluten free Oreos for the crust instead of graham cracker.
I have never been successful in user a water bath to bake the cheesecake in so it doesn’t crack. My cheesecake was all kinds of puffy and cracked on top, but it was DELICIOUS. It got cut into before I remembered to take a picture, so below is an in progress shot, and a slice.

Project Picture:

6 Likes

That 15 Star quilt is incredible!

1 Like

I love your bag, That transfer is nice an bright.

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Transfiguration
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name & Page Link: Pulled Pork
Brief Description: Never tried making pulled pork on my own, always bought ready to warm in the oven. But I read MistressJennie recipie and wanted to try. Although, I looked up an easier recipie, since I didnt have all the ingredients and didnt want to buy to much. And the chemistry did it work, transforming thick pork into soft, soft meat. :slight_smile: Did not really know how to eat it, since I’ve only tried with rice before, so we made some kind of taco/burrito-style. Worked fine. :sweat_smile:
I will try make it again, next time with really use the chipotle-paste and add some more spices, because this was pretty tame in taste.

The recipie:
1 kg boneless pork cart/tenderloin
1 big yellow onion
3 garlic cloves
100 ml ketchup
1 ½ table spoon chipotle paste (but I could not find, so I used some lime-chipotle salsa, and took 100 ml)
1 teaspoon Coriander
1 ½ teaspoon Cumin
1½ teaspoon salt

Project Picture:

6 Likes

**Class or Challenge Title:**Alchemy
**Project Name & Page Link:**Barbie top
Brief Description: The formation of triangle using heat press vinyl adds to the sporty feel of this Barbie top.

**Class or Challenge Title:**Arithmancy
**Project Name & Page Link:**Dog Toy
Brief Description: I had some extra stuffing and scaps of duck cloth so I decided to make a toy for my dog. I just drew a “bone” for the pattern.

**Class or Challenge Title:**Detention-advanced studies
**Project Name & Page Link:**Wool Coat
Brief Description: There is not a before pic because it was just a pile of fabric before. It took me a few months to dare to cut into the fabric, it’s pricey. But I have finally made headway :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks

Thank you, @plaidpineapple ! Your wool coat is looking gorgeous - love the cut and color of it!

And now I’m totally craving pulled pork, yours looks so yummy, @skrutt . :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Frequently with pulled pork, you stir in some BBQ sauce after cooking, and serve it on soft hamburger rolls. Sometimes with cole slaw or pickles. But of course, there’s also a million other recipes that incorporate it, most of which still assume you’ve added BBQ sauce, like topping pizzas or making tacos like you did. :pig2: :cook: :heart:

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Muggle Studies
Project Name & Page Link: Brunch with Bab’s Gouda Mac&Cheese
Brief Description: Used my phone to make a recipe posted on Instagram. The recipe is spelled out in the post comments, which is also a very basic video tutorial. Have never had Gouda before, holy crap it’s expensive. This can totally be made with a mild cheddar next time. I used gluten free macaroni elbows, and minced fresh onion and paprika, and doubled the dry mustard.

My ultimate test of recipes is how good is it as leftovers, because I meal prep on weekends and eat “leftovers” all week. This is great even as leftovers.
Upon rewatching the video, I realize I forgot to add the butter at the end. But I sauteed the onion in butter at the beginning so… Eh? Didn’t seem to hurt it. :upside_down_face:

Project Picture:

6 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Transfiguration
House: Slytherin :snake:
Project Name & Page Link: Gluten Free Churros
Brief Description: Churros for tomorrow’s taco night with friends! Decided to experiment, never made this before, never deep fried any dessert before. Very satisfied with the outcome! I used my king Arthur gf flour. They are not as crispy as regular churros, but they are very good.

Project Picture:

6 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Study of Ancient Runes
House: Slytherin :snake:
Project Name & Page Link: Summer Suncatchers Here’s an inspo picture from Pinterest https://pin.it/UW0SnhK
Brief Description: I wanted to make my healing group as well as my daughters and my friends a cute suncatcher for the summer. I ordered the bigger crystal from Amazon and the other crystals I got from Hobby Lobby and Michaels. I tried it originally with the stretch jewelry-making cord but it didn’t hold to my liking so I got the fishing line from Walmart and it works better. I am still working on my knots but I think I did a good job.

7 Likes

oh, shiny! What a lovely gift…very cheerful and perfect in the summer sun!

1 Like