CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Ostara 2022

Frequently with pulled pork, you stir in some BBQ sauce after cooking, and serve it on soft hamburger rolls. Sometimes with cole slaw or pickles. But of course, there’s also a million other recipes that incorporate it, most of which still assume you’ve added BBQ sauce, like topping pizzas or making tacos like you did. :pig2: :cook: :heart:

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Muggle Studies
House: Slytherin
Project Name & Page Link: Brunch with Bab’s Gouda Mac&Cheese
Brief Description: Used my phone to make a recipe posted on Instagram. The recipe is spelled out in the post comments, which is also a very basic video tutorial. Have never had Gouda before, holy crap it’s expensive. This can totally be made with a mild cheddar next time. I used gluten free macaroni elbows, and minced fresh onion and paprika, and doubled the dry mustard.

My ultimate test of recipes is how good is it as leftovers, because I meal prep on weekends and eat “leftovers” all week. This is great even as leftovers.
Upon rewatching the video, I realize I forgot to add the butter at the end. But I sauteed the onion in butter at the beginning so… Eh? Didn’t seem to hurt it. :upside_down_face:

Project Picture:

6 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Transfiguration
House: Slytherin :snake:
Project Name & Page Link: Gluten Free Churros
Brief Description: Churros for tomorrow’s taco night with friends! Decided to experiment, never made this before, never deep fried any dessert before. Very satisfied with the outcome! I used my king Arthur gf flour. They are not as crispy as regular churros, but they are very good.

Project Picture:

6 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Study of Ancient Runes
House: Slytherin :snake:
Project Name & Page Link: Summer Suncatchers Here’s an inspo picture from Pinterest https://pin.it/UW0SnhK
Brief Description: I wanted to make my healing group as well as my daughters and my friends a cute suncatcher for the summer. I ordered the bigger crystal from Amazon and the other crystals I got from Hobby Lobby and Michaels. I tried it originally with the stretch jewelry-making cord but it didn’t hold to my liking so I got the fishing line from Walmart and it works better. I am still working on my knots but I think I did a good job.

7 Likes

oh, shiny! What a lovely gift…very cheerful and perfect in the summer sun!

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Herbology
Project Name & Page Link: Rainbow Forest Landscape Embroidery
Brief Description: Bright colors and beautiful landscapes make my heart happy, and making art with those things makes me really happy.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: History of Magic
Project Name & Page Link: Phoenix Crochet Square
Brief Description: It took more than two weeks for this yarn to cross the Atlantic. I was starting to worry it had gotten lost. But, those colors were worth the wait! Also, so many ends to weave in! Again, worth it.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Transfiguration
Project Name & Page Link: Seven Layer Bars
Brief Description: My soon-to-be niece’s bridal shower was last weekend and my niece-in-law made these delectable dessert bars and was kind enough to share the recipe.
1/2 cup butter
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup chocolate chip
1 cup butterscotch chips
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 can sweetened condensed milk
Line pan in parchment. Mix melted butter and graham cracker crumbs; press into pan. Layer the rest of the ingredients in order, drizzling the sweetened condensed milk evenly over everything. Bake for 20-ish minutes at 350 degrees F. Cool and cut. Store in an airtight container. (The original recipe said 25 minutes, but that was, obviously, too long. They were slightly overdone at the edges and stuck to my unlined pan…which is why I have amended the recipe to add parchment lining and a shorter bake time.)
Project Picture:

7 Likes

~ ADVANCED STUDIES PROPOSAL ~
Project Name: Knitted Doctor Who Scarf
Brief Description: I haven’t knitted in, oh, about 10 years. Last week a friend asked if I would do a commission for him, for a dear friend of his who has wanted a Doctor Who scarf for decades. Being a Whovian myself, I gladly accepted the challenge. So, I will be re-learning how to knit (on needles) and creating a 13-foot scarf in the process. I will be using the detailed instructions from this site to craft this scarf.

3 Likes

Yes that’s what I was going for

1 Like

~ADVANCED STUDIES PROPASL~
Project Name: Yellow Gingham Blanket
Project Link/Pattern: Yellow Crochet Gingham - Daisy Farm Crafts
Brief Description: I have a new grand coming in October and I am going to make them a blanket. I thought this nice gingham yellow and white pattern would be great for a nice gender-neutral blanket.

2 Likes

:sparkles: :owl: :scroll: Note from the Headmistress: Reminder, the current Term of the HPC ends tomorrow night, at midnight Headmistress time. (Central Time, US.) All projects should be posted before then. The Midsummer Term will begin June 1st.

4 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Apparition
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name & Page Link: Roach’s Cake with a 40 Orange Glaze
Brief Description: I made this round cake which is based on the cake Roach makes in the show Our Flag Means Death. The actor who portrays Roach posted his recipe to instagram and I followed it to bake this delicious cake.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Divination
Project Name & Page Link: Tiamat the Mother of Chromatic Dragons
Brief Description: I painted this “miniature” of Tiamat, a five headed dragon for the final battle of the D&D campaign I had been running. Each head was painted separately and then the mini was glued together.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Herbology
Project Name & Page Link: Hexie Baby Quilt
Brief Description: This is the baby quilt I made for our wonderful Mistress Jennie’s baby shower. One its wedges contains shades of red and pink, and the project as a whole made my heart happy. The pattern is by Jaybird Quilts.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: History of Magic
Project Name & Page Link: A Moroccan Vibes Wedding Quilt
Brief Description: I made this quilt for two of my friends getting married this past March. Not only was I not sure I was going to finish it in time to mail it to them in time for their wedding; but during the quilting, my machine started making a horrible grinding sound while finishing the last block. I was playing a game of chicken with my sewing machine. I did manage to complete the quilting, but the machine completely locked up and stopped working while attaching the binding. Fortunately I was able to finish the binding by hand and sent everything off in time.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Potions
Project Name & Page Link: Grogu Plush
Brief Description: I sewed up this little fleece Grogu for one of my friends’ kiddo, when they were having a though time with school. I hoped that it would give them some comfort and a buddy to cuddle with when things got difficult.
Project Picture:

8 Likes

Hahahaha…I love that you made the 40 orange glaze cake! :joy:

And of course I love Grogu!

1 Like

@tendstowardschaos & @melg78 - your AS proposals have been added to the log!

2 Likes

That cakes looks divine!

And the quilts…wow…both of the patterns are stunning! Do you do your own quilting on a regular machine?

hourglasses
:zap: Headmistress Jennie casts the House Points Charm! :zap:

Those quilts are amazing!

1 Like

I do my piecing on an Eversewn Sparrow, and I do my quilting on a Brother 1500s. The Brother is a straight stitch only machine, with a metal housing. It sews fast and is a beast.

3 Likes

:zap::heart::tada::sparkles::yellow_heart::woman_mage: End of Term Feast :mage::green_heart::sparkles::tada::blue_heart::zap:

Welcome to the End of Term Feast! I have checked the school hour glasses, and the points stand thusly…

hourglasses
:blue_heart: :eagle: Ravenclaw: 2 students, 175 points , for an average of 87.5 points per student. :eagle: :blue_heart:
:yellow_heart: :badger: Hufflepuff: 6 students, 865 points , for an average of 144.16 points per student. :badger: :yellow_heart:
:green_heart: :snake: Slytherin: 4 students, 770 points , for an average of 192.5 points per student. :snake: :green_heart:
:heart: :lion: Gryffindor: 2 students, 450 points , for an average of 225 points per student. :lion: :heart:

:trophy: :heart: :lion: Congratulations to Gryffindor House! :lion: :heart: :trophy:

This term of the Harry Potter Craftalong is now CLOSED!
The new Midsummer 2022 Term is now OPEN!

1 Like

Congrats, Gryffs!

Congratulations Gryffindor! :lion: