CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Ostara 2022

Welcome Mel! I don’t think I’ve seen you in the HPC before? (Please ignore me if you aren’t new!) :sweat_smile: Your cupcakes look great!

2 Likes

I’m new :rofl::rofl::rofl: this is my first post.

I’m sorry should’ve introduced myself.

I’m Mel a Non-Binary Femme in NC. I’m the house of Slytherin. I have 3 young adult children and one grandson along with a grand dog.

I am a Healer and Birthworker by day. I mainly do crotchet currently. I keep a project with me so while the little one is sleep I can craft.

I am in the Happy Mail swap which I enjoy bc I love sending notes.

5 Likes

Awesome! I love that you dived right in! :smile:

1 Like

:rofl: Thanks. I knew I was missing something from my post.

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Potions
House: Slytherin :snake:
Project Name & Page Link: A Pair of Magic Pillowcases
Brief Description: I used the Magic Pillowcase tutorial (link above) to create these sleep-inducing bedtime accessories. They’re a birthday present for DS2 to coordinate with his batik colorwash quilt (the accent stripe is leftover binding).
Project Picture:

8 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Potions
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name & Page Link: A Flock of Rainbow Dragon Loveys
Brief Description: I’ve heard way too many horror stories from parents who lost their kiddos favorite blanket, or who were frantic to soothe a crying baby when their blanket was in the wash, so I kinda went nuts and made 4 Loveys for Godzilla. Hopefully they will help soothe the monster baby, and she can sleep and snuggle with them when she’s bigger.
Project Picture:

8 Likes

Welcome @melg78! Looks like you are already making Slytherin House proud :grin:

@MistressJennie the multiple blankies is a good plan. Just… when she gets a bit bigger, dont let her know how many there are. My sister had 3 identical knitted blankies, and for a good 2 years we had to take all 3 of them everywhere, she would count them about a million times a day :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Hermione’s Book Club Chapter 15
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name & Page Link: More Hair Bows
Brief Description: I’ve always wanted to make these faux leather hair bows for my girls. Its going splendidly! I got the patterns off etsy, cut them out with the cricut, and assembled them.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: WIP
Project Name & Page Link: Framed Cross Stitches
Brief Description: I completed a couple cross stitches 3 years ago and never got around to framing them. I pulled them out in 2020 to do as my quarantine project, but it never happened. But I finally got them washed, ironed, cut framed and in their new homes!
Project Picture:

8 Likes

@melg78, welcome to the Craftalong! Slytherin is lucky to have you :green_heart:

Excellent advice! I’ll remember that darling.

@jillybeans, your framed cross stitches look awesome!

3 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Care of Magical Creatures
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name & Page Link: Triple Chocolate Oatmeal Muffins
Brief Description: Whenever I think of the Lord of the Rings, I think of the Hobbits obsession with delicious foods. Especially comfort foods, served in their cozy Hobbit holes. So I made some chocolate oatmeal muffins to cheer up a cold, grey morning. I modified this recipe slightly, using some white whole wheat flour, replacing the milk with non-dairy, and the butter with canola oil. I also added in a tablespoon of (decaf) instant coffee to the wet ingredients to punch up the chocolate flavor. Since I didn’t have regular chocolate chips, I used up a dark chocolate bar and some white chocolate chips in the cupboard.
Project Picture:

7 Likes

Oh, yum! Those look delicious! I’ve seen jokes about how The Hobbit/LotR is basically a recipe blog post with lots of story and recipes thrown in here and there. :joy:

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress - Show Some Love Challenge
House: Slytherin
Project Name & Page Link: Crocheted Rainbow Hooded Sweatshirt
Brief Description: This sweater is for my sweet, little boy - one of the dearest people in my life. He just adores rainbows and things that are cozy and cuddly. For his birthday, I wanted to show him how much I love him…a sweater in fingering weight yarn is a decent start. :wink:
Project Picture:

5 Likes

@plaidpineapple, I was just going to Hermione’s Homework Planner, and noticed that someone has been recording their progress on the Master Sheet. I believe, based on the comments written in Advanced Studies (being listed as a collared shirt), that these are your notes. Please be sure to record on YOUR sheet of the Homework Planner. It’s the one labeled as plaidpineapple along the bottom of the spreadsheet. I’ll give you a day or so before I erase the notes made in the Master Sheet so you can copy them over. Thank you! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Oh no, I am so sorry!! I fixed it, my bad.

1 Like

No worries, it happens. I just didn’t want you to lose your notes because I deleted them from the Master without telling you.

Tendstowardchaos, that hoodie is fabulous.

1 Like

~ ADVANCED STUDIES PROPOSAL ~
Project Name: Wool Coat
Brief Description: I have been wanting to make a wool coat/jacket for a while but kept holding out for the perfect green wool. Alas, it seems to not exist. But I found a burgundy runner-up and decided to give it a go. It is a pricey fabric so I will need to do some prefitting and alterations in hopes of not wasting any of the fabric. My goal is to have it done in a few months, but I also know I tend to take a lot longer on my big projects than I plan. Either way-I figure starting in Feb it shoud be ready to wear next winter :wink:

3 Likes

This is awesome! I can’t wait to see! I’m so jealous of your hand-made wardrobe.

Added to the log. Good luck!

Thank you! I can’t wait to see your wool coat!

Class or Challenge Title: Astronomy
Project Name & Page Link: Valentines card for my bestie Valentines/cheer you up card for my bestie
Brief Description: I started on the inside with this, as I knew how I wanted the accordion. And after I have finished the inside, I made a template for the hearts/outside of the card. Then mesured and glued into place
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress challenge - february
Project Name & Page Link: Socks
Brief Description: Another pair of socks for my friend. He now has 3 pairs, and use them oh so often! Makes my heart happy, as they are all made with love.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Muggle Studies
Project Name & Page Link: Using my phone as the pattern
Brief Description: Im participating in a SAL this year, and each week we get a new piece of the pattern. And for this smaller project (takes somewhere 30-60 min for each part), I use my phone to see the pattern. (I asked a friend to take a photo on my embroidery and phone, so you can see how I use it)
Project Picture:

6 Likes