CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Yule 2019/20

Happy belated birthday, AntBee!!!

1 Like

@AntBee It’s …totally… on the wall…(if the wall is the least used doorway). I actually really love rug making, so having one wear out on me is not necessarily a cause for sadness. I can make them faster than they wear out!

1 Like

haha! I love that answer! I did see the pic of your cat luxuriating upon it’s fluffy snuggliness so I concede- it may have been wasted on the wall. :slight_smile:

Oh, Tateronis sound interesting. Need to try list. :wink:

1 Like

Class: CoMC
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: HandStitched - Repaired Sweatshirt
Project description: I hand stitched a hole in a sweatshirt, less than five inches long, and L shaped. For me this is a challenge that took 3 hours due to arthritis. It is far from pretty embroidery but it is functional.
stitchSleeve1

1 Like

Class: Arithmancy
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name & Page Link: Scrappy Pendant
Brief Description: Made for the Craft Stars Garage Sale. Supporting this website, both the people here and the general spirit of camaraderie and community, is a cause that matters greatly to me.

Class: Study of Ancient Runes
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name & Page Link: Peanut Butter Banana Bread
Brief Description: I made this banana bread to use up a couple bananas getting brown in my kitchen. Sick of the same old same old, I mixed it up a bit with a peanut butter chocolate version!

1 Like

That pendant must’ve taken so much time to be so tiny and detailed. Nice work! (To me it looks like long-necked, long-beaked bird in profile.

Serial posting to say that I actually broke out the whole kit of yarn and pattern book on Friday to start my 5 year old hat that is a one year old Advanced Studies proposed project only to discover I don’t have the correct needle sizes to knit it! So… Hi ho, Hi ho, it’s off to shop I go…

Good grief. haha

1 Like

Interesting perspective!

I don’t know how many of you remember MommaAquaheart. But technicoloraquahearts lost her mom to a stroke with a brain hemorrhage this morning. It was all quite sudden. Any thoughts, prayers, and good vibes are much appreciated right now. She was like a second mother to me. Not just my mother-in-law.

Oh no, that is so sad, I hope you will all get through it all. That she felt like a second mother speaks volumes, she must have been a great person to have in your lives.

Oh no. I am so sorry to hear that. Praying for you both.

Class/Challenge: DADA
SPEW:
Project Name & Page Link: Mustard ear warmer
Brief Description: I crocheted this ear warmer for my sister for part of her Christmas present. Yellow is her favorite color.
Project Picture:

Class/Challenge: Arithmancy
Project Name & Page Link: Baby Dahlia’s Blanket
Brief Description:I came up with this pattern on my own as I was so frustrated with two other baby blanket patterns that I completely frogged. The main body is a simple design with a beautiful ridged border. I have never tried this particular technique before and I really like the effect.
Project Picture:

1 Like

I remember MommaAquaheart. How devastating. I am so very sorry for your loss. Prayers and good vibes going out for you both.

So sorry to hear about MommaAquaheart. Remember Aquahearts, “Those who love us never really leave us.” Thinking of you all today. :heart:

Oh, Erin, I am so, so sorry for you both. Thinking of you.

@ErinAquaheart I’m so sorry to hear about MommaAquaheart. Sending virtual hugs good vibes your way. Please let us know if we can be of any help!

@Audania I am mesmerized by the edging on your beautiful blanket. Does that stitch have a name?

Class/Challenge: Hagrid’s Tree - Fake Snow
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name & Page Link: Mom’s Pencil Pouch
Brief Description: I made my mom a pouch using this super simple tutorial - Just felt, fabric, and a zipper and no fussing about exposed seams inside. It almost feels like you’re cheating.

1 Like

Thank you all so much for your sympathies. We truly needed to hear them right now. The funeral is on Saturday and MommaAquaheart requested often a New Orleans jazz style funeral with lots of dancing and fun. So we are going to get as close to that as possible. These past few days have been tremendously difficult. Hopefully a jazz fest will bring some light into this dark time. (And we are having a Cajun food reception after the services)

1 Like

Sounds like an awesome way to celebrate her life!