CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Yule 2019/20

I so agree there, @AntBee. RL was far too hectic the last 2 months, so I haven’t even started on my OWL!! :grimacing:

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Potions
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name & Page Link: Pumpkin Banana Bread. Recipe by Chocolate Covered Katie
Brief Description: I doubled this recipe to make 2 loaves, and the batter swelled as it baked. I also increased the amount and variety of the spices: I used like 2 tsp of cinnamon, 1 tsp of nutmeg, and 1/2 tsp each ginger and cloves.
Project Picture:

1 Like

Don’t worry, guys. I think I actually went backwards on my OWL. :upside_down_face:

Challenge: 12 Trees - Star
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name & Link: Scrappy Patchwork Pouch
Brief Description: When I found out that the Garage Sale would be continuing, I knew I wanted to make something else to contribute. I’ve been trying to use up my own stash of hand-dyed fabric scraps, and I had a few of these blank canvas pouches lying around, so I whipped up this little offering. I hope it showcases my dyeing and stitching! Two of my favorite things. :blush:

4 Likes

That looks great, Abbee! It’s cool that you also dyed the fabrics you used. Nice touch!

1 Like

Challenge: Hagrid’s trees—garland
House: Slytherin
Project Name: sipping lemonade
Project description: lately the weather has been anything but “wintery” So I felt like my character, Teddy, would enjoy some lemonade on this warm winter day.
Project Picture:

3 Likes

Class/Challenge: DADA
SPEW: N/A
House: Slytherin
Project Name & Page Link:. https://forum.lettucecraft.com/t/little-baba-puffin-stuffie/1673
Brief Description: There’s a TV show called Puffin Rock on Netflix that we’ve let my daughter watch. She loves it so much that I decided to make her a toy of the baby puffin, “Baba.” I used entirely stash materials which also made me happy as I am keen to transform my crazy stash into a manageable monster. I used a free pattern shared by a designer of wicked cute stuff (Her HP characters are next on my list!). (Pattern)
Alterations I made: The pattern calls for felt eyes but I had none on hand so I improvised crochet ones and I added a little stitch section to give a hint at there being a wing.
Project Picture:

3 Likes

@AntBee I love that little cutie! Great job on the improvised eyes.

2 Likes

@Abbeeroad, beautiful work on your pouch. I love that you used so many different craft techniques. The fabrics are so vibrant, and it has such a sense of joy about it.

1 Like

@MistressJennie Thank you, lady! :smiley:

Love that little owl!! PUFFIN! I totally said puffin.

1 Like

@antbee I love that little puffin! The world needs more puffin love - they’re just as cute as penguins but don’t get half the attention.

I fixed my earlier project post - I got confused by the Jupiter prompt and had listed it under Astronomy rather than Alchemy (planets and all that…)

Class or Challenge Title: Astronomy
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name & Page Link: Stripey Doll Dress
Brief Description: My father is apparently hard on his shirts and the cuffs and collars start to fray before there’s much wear on the rest of the shirt. This means they can’t be donated to a charity shop, so rather than throwing all that fabric away, I’ve been salvaging what I can with the idea that it will come in handy some day. First project with his most recent cast off was (of course) a doll dress.

3 Likes

@Trillian that doll dress was s perfect. Never would have known the fabric came from a shirt!

Oh! It’s here! I have done a horrible job keeping track of the things I’ve made, but I’ll jump in now! So good to see everyone, and the projects are all amazing! :):smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

@Moonflame - Yay! You made it here! Good to see you.

For any Hufflepuffs out there who want to keep an eye on how we’re doing, check out the project spreadsheet that used to be linked from the Common Room. The horizontal line separates projects posted on the old site from the ones we’ve added here. Can’t wait to see what else we come up with!

2 Likes

So good to see you here @moonflame!

Hopefully I’ll get a couple of more projects done this week…I’ve actually been kinda in a funk since the new year started. Some kind of cold has got me running back to bed to snooze when I should be creating.

Bah Humbug to that! Hope you feel better soon!

I’m in a similar boat. I am just a few stitches away from a finished project, but we passed the stomach flu around the family this week and I just don’t have it in me yet. Soon, though…hopefully this weekend. Fingers crossed.

1 Like

I feel all of you who have been sick. We never got the stomach flu but we did get that nasty head cold that was bad for like 5 days and lingered for nearly three weeks…
I do have a project to turn in but it will have to wait till tomorrow.

1 Like

I’ve got plenty of stuff to post, but we got an extension so now I’m lazy… And I’m also on my last day of work, will start my new unemployment period with something fun at least :slight_smile:

1 Like

To everyone who has spent some time in the hospital wing with ailments: Get better soon! And I hope to see finished projects from you all to show that those pepperup potions worked their magic. :wink:

hourglasses
:zap: Headmistress Jennie casts the House Points Charm! :zap:

@Eddie; Forgive me, but are you new to the HPC? Or are you previous member, and have changed your username? I’m trying hard to keep up with the name changes, but I’m afraid of missing someone. :thinking:

2 Likes