CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Yule 2020/21

@CraftsUntold those pumpkin seeds look tasty, and the pumpkins are great! I can’t believe how cool that cake looks! I bet your husband loved it! And those socks! I need to knit myself a pair of socks. It’s been too long and you’ve inspired me! :slight_smile: :socks:

@AntBee Holy Cow that blanket!! That’s true friendship right there! :slight_smile:

@beholder_folklore I love how all the nifflers are holding different things, and Hermione looks so cute with the Monster Book! :lion:

1 Like

I’m happy to enable in yarny endeavors. :ghost::yarn::socks:

Class or Challenge Title: Apparition
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name & Page Link: Potion Bottle Patch
Brief Description: This little potion bottle is inspired by the purple and gold of the Ministry of Magic.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: CoMC
Project Name & Page Link: Tee Shirt Yarn
Brief Description: I made several balls of long, thin tee shirt yarn out of worn out shirts.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Potions
Project Name & Page Link: Candy Bundles for Trick or Treaters
Brief Description: In an effort to protect each other from illness, I am not opening the door to trick or treaters this year. :cry: But rather than leave a bowl of candy for grubby little hands to dig through, I decided to make up little bundles of candy to leave on a table on our walkway. They each contain 2 fun size Haribo pouches of gummies, a cow tail caramel, a Heath bar, and a pack of Smarties.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: House Unity
Project Name & Page Link: Hogwarts United Crochet Ornaments
Brief Description: These were made for MissingWillow’s daughter, in the Harry Potter Holiday Swap. I hope she loves them in her brand new home, with her first very own Christmas tree.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: SoAR
Project Name & Page Link: White LC patches
Brief Description: These sweet little LC patches include text.
Project Picture:

8 Likes

Love those Hogwarts inspired crocheted ornaments!

1 Like

@MistressJennie - loving the house colour baubles

Class or Challenge Title: Hermione’s Book Club - Chapter 2
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name & Page Link: n/a
Brief Description: I created new pages in my crafting journal to organise my projects for the term.
Project Picture:

3 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress’ Challenge - September - Jelly Slugs
Project Name & Page Link: Halloween Treat Bags
Brief Description: I made about 40 paper bags for Halloween treats using pages from an old Russian book and stickers I’ve had for ages. I have no idea if we’re actually getting trick-or-treaters this year but I love how they turned out.

4 Likes

I love those socks!!

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Charms
House: Slytherin
Project Name & Page Link:Starbucks cake
Brief Description: I’ve got a step son who was a little sad because he could only have a small birthday party now during the pandemic, so I made these awesome cakes for him and the small group of friends.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Flying
Project Name & Page Link:Dragon ball jelly balls
Brief Description: When making these jelly balls I used black ice cube trays, so it was impossible to know exactly the result before I opened the form.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress challenge October
Project Name & Page Link: Naruto weapon cookies
Brief Description: I made these sweet cookies to share with my step son and his friends :slight_smile:
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Iron Chef October
Project Name & Page Link:Persimmon cookies
Brief Description: Persimmon/Kaki fruit is in season in October, but quite late :stuck_out_tongue: at least we’ve got it now and I was able to make these sweet cookies.
Project Picture:

5 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Detention : Stash 1
House: Slytherin :snake:
Project Name & Page Link: Pumpkin Bread (recipe not online)
Brief Description: I tried out a couple Autumn baking pans that we received for it wedding. So cute! I had all the fixings for this recipe on hand, and I like to make them for Samhain. Recipe shared below, it’s from my middle school home ec class, not from any publication I know of.
Project Picture:

3 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Astronomy
House: Gryffindor
Project Name & Page Link: Full Moon Coaster
Brief Description: Werewolves are changed by the full moon, so I’d better beware. Hehehe… I made this coaster for my bedside table. My bedroom is all dark navy and beige and cream, with lots of artwork of the moon and constellation.
Project Picture:

4 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Herbology
Project Name & Page Link: Lemon-honey mixture
Brief Description: This home remedy is my favorite for sore throats (allergy or otherwise) or when I just feel a little under the weather. I like to add a spoonful to tea. Very simple: layer honey (bonus if it’s local), lemon slices, thyme and cut ginger.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Muggle Studies
Project Name & Page Link: Dinosaur Bones Cookies
Brief Description: Baking is much simpler in the wizarding world, just task a house elf with the chore! We pulled out some cookie cutters and stamps to create these lovely fossil gingerbread cookies.
Project Picture:

(recipe here)

3 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Alchemy
Project Name & Page Link: Gold & White Broom Embroidery
Brief Description: This friend requested her embroidery to be unfinished, so she could sew it into something. Hence no hoop. It contains metallic gold and white embroidery thread.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Arithmancy
Project Name & Page Link: Yellow & Silver Broom Embroidery
Brief Description: This hoop was sent to a Hufflepuff friend. I wanted it to be a subtle nod to the HP universe, so I did bright golden yellow for the swirl, and silver on the broom & moon.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Book Club Ch 2
Project Name & Page Link: Good Witches Garden Candles
Brief Description: I made a mess of my kitchen for a good week, making batch after batch of candles! This set is Good Witches Garden, scented with basil, sage & mint, and has lavender buds, rose petals, and calendula petals.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Charms
Project Name & Page Link: Witches Brew Candles
Brief Description: Everything witchy makes me smile. These Witches Brew candles were just a joy to make, and every time I see the one I’m keeping for myself in my studio, I smile again. They are scented with Witches Brew fragrance oil (cinnamon, patchouli, vetiver, amber, balsam & cedarwood), and embedded with amethyst stones, rose quartz stones, quartz crystals points, and rose petals. Some were made in purple pint Ball jars, a recycled candle jar, and some in Oui yogurt jars.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: DADA
Project Name & Page Link: Red & Golden Brown Broom Embroidery
Brief Description: This Gryffindor inspired hoop contains deep red and golden brown embroidery thread.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Flying
Project Name & Page Link: Cauldron Fire Candles
Brief Description: My Cauldron Fire candles are grey in color, and embedded with lavender, quartz crystal points, and rose quartz.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Muggle Studies
Project Name & Page Link: Nightshade Candles
Brief Description: Muggles have been making candles for ages. I decided to have a go at making some myself. These are scented with tomato leaf fragrance oil, and decorated with quartz crystal points, carnelian stones, sprinkled with calendula, rose petals, and dried lemon peel.
Project Picture:

8 Likes

A new Headmistress prompt has been posted!

1 Like

Class: COMC
Project Name: Digital Fruit Art
Project Description: I can’t think of a better way to save a tree than by using a digital platform to make some art. No trees were harmed in the making of this fruit.
Project Picture:

Class: Divination
Project Name: Halloween tattoo designs
Project Description: I made this tattoo flash sheet of five Halloween designs. I think the lollipop is my favorite.
Project Picture:

3 Likes

That embroidery is gorgeous!

1 Like

@MistressJennie I love that embroidery!! And those candles are swoon worthy.
@ErinAquaheart your Flash designs are perfect for the season and your photo realistic fruits look delightful.

Class or Challenge Title: Hermione’s Book Club: Chapter 2
Project Name & Page Link: BUJO Character Sheet
Brief Description: We had Session 0 for our newest campaign this evening and I spent a good chunk of it designing this spread for my bujo to keep track of my character stats until we level up.
Project Picture:

4 Likes

Class: Alchemy
Project Name: Relaxing on a Sunny Day
Project Description: Teddy Cuddlestuff is relaxing under a tree on a very sunny day. Looking on are the Golden Hind and the Wise old Bunnycorn. So I have both the sun and some golden horns.
Project Picture:

3 Likes

That broom embroidery is magical and fabulous!! I love it.

It’s November! I can’t believe it! Here’s the new Iron Chef Challenge!

November Secret Ingredient: Horseradish!
Spice up November with honey horseradish chicken and asparagus, quick refrigerator horseradish pickles , or bring some horseradish deviled eggs to Thanksgiving!

2 Likes

I was going to make pumpkin custard today. Maybe I should sneak some horseradish in there. :smiling_imp:

Seriously, though, I’m excited to use horseradish in a non-dessert food, LOL!

1 Like