CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Yule 2020/21

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: You are amazing. :hearts:

3 Likes

Second!

1 Like

:blush: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :kissing_heart:

Sorry I’ve been a bit absent so far this term, I will have a big project dump coming soon and add to Gryffindor :heart: :lion: :yellow_heart:

2 Likes

AS Friday Update:

The squares for my Autumn Table Topper have been assembled! I’m so happy with how it is turning out, I had very little squaring up to do as I joined pieces into the whole.
Now I can move on to making the quilt sandwich and slowly but surely do very simple machine quilting.

ETA: I just measured it, to cut the backing fabric…It’s longer than a standard fabric bolt. The yard piece of Kona that I snagged from the clearance bin is about 5" shorter than I need it to be. Guess I’m going to Joann’s after work to pick up a piece sized for quilt backing! :sweat_smile:

Ghostly pale size 7 foot for scale.

3 Likes

Hey friends! It’s time to vote for your favorite costume in the Halloween Costume Challenge! The poll is at the bottom of the first post in the thread.

Yessss! Brilliant! :heart_eyes: :sunglasses: :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

Hey All! Hufflepuff House has started a Virtual Cookie Exchange. We’ll be sharing our favorite recipes in the Common Room so check it out if you want to get some new ideas for holiday baking, or just need a good, sugary stress relief activity.

If you’d like to submit a recipe you enjoy, shoot me a message!

11. desember - December 11 by Riksarkivet (National Archives of Norway), on Flickr

1 Like

@CraftsUntold Lovely colors! I especially like floral-ish print.

1 Like

I have been busy crafting the last few weeks. It feels so good to make time for myself to be able to craft.

Class or Challenge Title: DADA
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name & Page Link: Barbie Travel Bag
Brief Description: This Red travel bag is perfect for Barbie as she travels. It has snaps so that the bag can really open and close.

Class or Challenge Title: Flying
Project Name & Page Link: Barbie Store Display Case #1
Brief Description: Like learning to fly on a broom at first, this project was hard to get right at for a while. I have wanted to make a Barbie Accessory Store for a few years ut have had a hard time coming up with ideas for it. I finally made a decent start though with a couple of display cases. I tried making them out of cardboard and wood, but they did not shape up like I hoped. I ended up toting around with an old plastic yard election sign. I found that I could cut half way through a side and the other side would bend easily (like corrugated cardboard-but sturdier). This made my ultimate design workable. After cutting the plastic I tried coating it all with permanent vinyl. The black ended up not as hoped, since it shows bits of glue, etc easily. But I love the reflective mirror like vinyl I used for the shelf.

Class or Challenge Title: Transfiguration
Project Name & Page Link: Barbie Display Bookcase
Brief Description: I had originally planned to create a display bookcase for my Barbie shop out of wood. But instead I substituted plastic sign board and vinyl. The picture shows all 3 of my new pieces together. I also decided to make my “shop” a background that could easily be folded for storage from scrapbook paper covering cardboard that can open and close to alter the area for the shop.

Class or Challenge Title: Detention Stash #1
Project Name & Page Link: Barbie Display Case #2
Brief Description: Similar to the case above, but shorter.

Class or Challenge Title: Detention Stash #2
Project Name & Page Link: Barbie Red and Blue Flower Dress
Brief Description: I need some clothes for my Barbie Shop. I chose to make this one because it goes with most of the bags and hats that I have already made for display. Everything used was from my stash.

Class or Challenge Title: Detention Stash #3
Project Name & Page Link: Barbie “Silk” Hat and Black Purse
Brief Description: I created a red “silk” hat with ribbons. Everything used was from my stash. The black purse was made from textured leather look paper that had been originally from a scrapbook paper aisle. A fun find that I knew I would find a use for one day.

3 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Repair / Alter
House: Slytherin :snake:
Project Name & Page Link: Table Cloth Surgery
Brief Description: I took the leaf out of my kitchen table earlier this year, so now all of my table cloths are too big. I had this pumpkin one from last year, and I decided to cut it down from a rectangle to a square. Now about to fuss around with trying for a circle… So now I have a more usable kitchen table cloth for Autumn, and I hemmed the trimmed piece and am using that on my island counter!
Project Picture:

5 Likes

Nice!

1 Like

@seeuudee just shared her recipe for Cherry Bakewell Cookies up in the Hufflepuff Common Room and they look delicious!

4 Likes

Oh my gosh they look amazing!

Class or Challenge Title: Apparition
Project Name & Page Link: this was an extra I sent to @teachergirl in a recent swap so I am going to put it under the flag in case she hasn’t opened the box yet.

Summary

Happiness Print
Brief Description: I stamped the letters individually and had to keep up with the words and my stamp.
Project Picture:

This one is also for the same swap!

Summary

Class or Challenge Title: House-pride Challenge
Project Name & Page Link: Hufflefluff Ornament
Brief Description: Inspired by cats and Hufflepuff house! This was an ornament made for Teachergirl as part of the HP Holiday swap.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress Prompt- Leaky Cauldron
Project Name & Page Link: Acrylic engraved night light
Brief Description: this night light is a gift for dear friends who managed to make my birthday magical even in the middle of a pandemic. Pictured are their dog/cat.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress Challenge: Trees- Ribbon
Project Name & Page Link: Pickled asparagus (Recipe)

Brief Description: These guys will be a part of the annual kids Thanksgiving after party, but admittedly it will be much smaller this year. My younger sister and myself will watch Hallmark Christmas movies and drink bloody Mary’s.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Hermione’s Book Club Ch:3
Project Name & Page Link: Steak and Creamed Spinach (Recipe)
Brief Description: my dad’s go to recipe when I was a kid was steak and creamed spinach, so when I saw this option on HomeChef I had to pick it up. Definitely reminded me of home.
Project Picture:

1 Like

Challenge Title: Detention: Stash
House: Gryffindor
Project Name & Page Link: Scrappy Brooch
Brief Description: I made this little brooch from fabric scraps and beads. I even had a pinback in my sewing box! Score!
Project Picture:

Challenge Title: Headmistress: November
LC Contest: Fashion Halloween Costume Contest Entry
Project Name & Page Link: Plague Doctor Costume
Brief Description: This may seem like a weird project for the “grateful” prompt, but this year it’s the little things that have sparked big gratitude for me. I’m grateful that we were able to have Halloween in spite of the pandemic, albeit a socially-distant version. I’m grateful that my kids got to wear costumes and collect candy in our neighborhood and everyone participated in a responsible way. I’m grateful to those who respectfully follow the rules to keep us all safe and healthy and allow us to carve out some sense of normalcy. And I’m grateful for my crazy kiddo whose Halloween costume requests push me to be creative in new ways every year. :slight_smile:
Project Picture:

Class Title: Herbology
Project Name & Page Link: Mandrake Ornaments
Brief Description: These little guys are white and green and have little crowns just because. :green_heart:
Project Picture:

Class Title: House Unity
Project Name & Page Link: Ravenclaw zip pouch
Brief Description: Made for a fellow Gryffindor who has decided she’s really a Ravenclaw. :wink: While Gryffindor is sad to lose her, we are glad she is being true to herself through the arduous work of continuous self-discovery.
Project Picture:

4 Likes

Those tiny mandrake faces are so adorable!

2 Likes

Oh hey friends. Your friendly drifter here - I cannot count how many times I’ve drifted away and come back to this Craftalong over the past…8 years. :flushed: (I hope that’s allowed!)

My last posts were in March when this whole “global pandemic” thing hit and messed with my entire flow of life. Buuuut I’m back! I’ve got a new flow - pandemic included. Oh, and I chose to do traditional homeschooling this year so there’s that. But we’ve hit a new groove and I’m ready to post some crafts again!

Glad to be back! I read through the whole thread and I’m excited to connect again with you guys. :blush:

Class or Challenge Title: Charms
Project Name & Page Link: Christmas Camper
Brief Description: I had printed out some Christmas-themed vehicle patterns and my three year old saw them and demanded I make “all dem!” But I had no desire to make “all dem!” so I bargained my way down and agreed to make ONE for him - he chose the camper! (We got a camper this year and he LOVES going there.) I think the charm worked because it makes him smile for sure!
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Transfiguration
Project Name & Page Link: Cheetos the Cat!
Brief Description: My daughter LOVES her cat. She is obsessed. I came across a pattern for an orange cat in a cross stitch magazine and knew I had to make it for her. I changed the colors to match our kitty a bit more and added his name to it - a most useful and nifty Transfiguration spell! It will most likely be made into a Christmas ornament.
Project Picture:

5 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Cht 3 - The Burrow
Project Name & Page Link: Apple Crisp
Brief Description: Bought a bag of honeycrisp apples, and only ate half of them before they started to look iffy. Last night I cut off the couple brown spots on some of them and made impromptu apple crisp! It was super tasty with vanilla ice cream.
I don’t have a recipe to share, this is such an easy thing to do. I just eyeball the spices and sugar and such. Cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, butter, about a tbsp of GF flour, and raisins in the apple mix. Topped with a brown sugar, GF oatmeal, GF flour, and butter crumble mixture.
Excellent comfort food.
Edited because I had already done something for Herbology…)
Project Picture:

3 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Apparition
Project Name & Page Link: Celestial Vanilla is the New Black socks (Ravelry link in Completed Project post)
Brief Description: My mom asked for a pair of hand knit socks for the holidays, so here we are! She really likes the fit of the heel in the Vanilla is the New Black pattern. The heel has very specific increases to do that need to be kept track of.
Project Picture:

2 Likes