CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Yule 2020/21

Class or Challenge Title: Alchemy
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name & Page Link: Gold & Purple Batik Doll Dress
Brief Description: Going with the gold aspect of this prompt, here’s a doll dress with little gold accent diamonds and dots all over it.

Class or Challenge Title: Apparition
Project Name & Page Link: Snowflake Doll Dress
Brief Description: This dress got sent to someone all the way in Australia.

4 Likes

What is the iron chef Hogwarts for November? I can’t seem to find the post!

Here it is:

3 Likes

:kissing_heart:

1 Like

Thank you very much!

Class or Challenge Title: Detention - Stash #1
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name & Page Link: Hooded Baby Sweater
Brief Description: I received the yarn for the body of this project in last month’s DGY subscription box, and knew I wanted to use it on something for a dear friend’s expected baby. It was saved from being dumped into stash (but was not bought specifically for), by this project, and the teal contrasting edging and buttons both came out of stash. I’m thrilled with how cute it came out.
Project Picture:

3 Likes

That is so adorable, I love it so much and the colours are lovely

1 Like

I SO wish this were my size! :laughing:

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress 12 Trees - Angel
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name & Page Link: D&D Patches
Brief Description: As soon as I saw the embroidery files for these patches, I knew I needed to make them for my husband for Christmas. I love how beautifully they came out!
Project Picture:

4 Likes

:sparkles: :love_letter: :heart: :lion: Gryffindor Holiday Card Exchange :lion: :heart: :love_letter: :sparkles:

Gryffindor House is again hosting our annual holiday card exchange. This exchange is open to all HPC members of any House, and cards can be handmade or store bought. (No judgement!) You may participate as much or as little as you wish. This is not a swap, and no one will keep track of cards you send or receive. You can send cards to just a few people, to all the members in your country, or to everyone around the world who signs up. It’s up to you.

To participate, please send Mistress Jennie your name & mailing address (including country), exactly as it should appear on the envelope, by December 1st. I will compile the list, and send it back to you on December 2nd. At that point, you can write and mail your cards!

3 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress/November - Leaky Cauldron
Project Name & Page Link: Coffee & Walnut Cake - I use this recipe - https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/coffee-walnut-cake, but with a couple of tweaks - I mix all of the walnuts into the mix and make extra “filling” and ice it with the filling, as well as it being in the middle.
Brief Description: I am so grateful for all of my hubby’s love and support, especially over the last few crazy months, so I made him his favourite - coffee & walnut cake
Project Picture:

Note - it does feel really odd to be spooning a liquid over a hot sponge cake, just out of the oven, but go with it - it makes the sponge so lovely and the coffee taste is really good - and that is coming from someone who is not really keen on coffee cake!

5 Likes

I really need to look into an embroidery machine, there are so many amazing patterns out there that I need to make! These are fantastic, especially the D20

1 Like

OK, so like, what kind of embroidery machines do you all have? Just curious. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have a Brother Innovis NQ 1400 E.

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Transfiguration
House: Slytherin :snake: :yarn:
Project Name & Page Link: Last Unicorn Hat - Mulligan! (follow for Rav pattern link)
Brief Description: A colorwork hat for my eldest niece. I substituted worsted weight yarn for the DK that the pattern calls for. Had to redo the hat after the first came out too large.
Project Picture:

6 Likes

OMG @CraftsUntold, that hat is beautiful!!! I love it!

And thank you, @MistressJennie! I’ve been looking at them off and on for years, and they are soooo tempting.

1 Like

I’ve been pretty absent from this board for ages, (going to change that!) Consequently I missed the ornament swap, but I’ve just put up my harry potter tree and I thought you guys would like to see it. It’s 90% ornaments from past rounds of the swap. It’s made me so happy today to unpack them all. Next year in our new house, I’ll get a bigger tree, they’re all crowded on there right now. But it still looks fab!!

12 Likes

Edel I love your tree!

Class or Challenge Title: Arithmancy
Project Name & Page Link: Ornament and trinket
https://www.americangirlideas.com/harry-potter-book-set-•-printables/

Brief Description: These mini books were made for gifts that I sent for the ornament swap. One became an ornament and the other a trinket that can be clipped on a backpack. Owl ornament that I made for the Harry Potter ornament swap is made from clay and kiln fired with a green glaze.

Class or Challenge Title: Study of Ancient Runes
Project Name & Page Link: Goblet of Fire Ornament
Brief Description: This ornament that I made for the Harry Potter ornament swap is made from clay and kiln fired with glaze. The names of the competitors are written on in it.

3 Likes

You’ve been missed dear Lady.

Nice tree!! I put up all my Harry Potter ornaments this year! Our tree is a crazy cacophony of ornaments this year, but it is definitely dominated by lovely HP ornaments.

1 Like