CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Yule 2020/21

Hey guys! There are TWO new LC Challenges running right now! A Cozy Days autumn themed challenge, and a Halloween Costume Challenge.

And remember, if you share a project here after submitting it as a challenge entry, you get 10 bonus points on your project!

5 Likes

Awesome mug rug, @CraftsUntold! I would never know this was your first time quilt piecing or making binding - my attempts still don’t look as nice and I’ve tried several times! :laughing:

Kicking off the new term!

Class Title: Alchemy
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name & Page Link: Embroidered Mask using Magpie’s Tutorial
Brief Description: The gold in this mask certainly conjures images of the sun shining, and the golden leaves of autumn.
Project Picture:

8 Likes

Gorgeous mask Abbeeroad!

1 Like

Class Title: Divination
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name & Page Link: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/20953/green-tomato-raspberry-jam/
Brief Description: I used the number 5, with 5 cups of green tomatoes to make this Green Tomato Raspberry Jam. The recipe calls for 4, so I adjusted everything. It is over the top sweet, and unsuprisingly tastes a lot like raspberry jello. I will use it in raspberry jam cookies, etc. But not like normal jam on bread. Not a recipe I will likely make again.
Project Picture:*

8 Likes

I’m glad you talked about the sweetness, because when I saw your recipe used green tomatoes I was very interested.

Class or Challenge Title: Alchemy
House: Hufflepuff :badger::yellow_heart::black_heart:
Project Name & Page Link:
Gudetama Cross Stitch- “Let me Go”
Brief Description: This was my first cross stitch! I whipped this little guy up over the course a week as an anniversary gift for my husband who loves the Gudetama imagery.

The gudetama, like most eggs, features a nice golden yolk atop a white egg white bed.

Project Picture:

7 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Alchemy
House: Slytherin :snake: :thread:
Project Name & Page Link: SHINY needle felted pouch
Brief Description: This is another item for the DIY advent swap (non-LC) that I am doing. My swap buddy is a fan of Firefly. While I was googling Firefly stuff to get ideas, I kept seeing SHINY, and a striped hat. So I used the color scheme of the hat and the word SHINY and needle felted a zippered pouch for her. Fits the course, because firefly happens in space, where the sun is, and the sun is shiny…
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: House Unity
House: Slytherin :snake: :thread:
Project Name & Page Link: Bad Crookshanks Drawstring bag
Brief Description: Tried sewing a drawstring bag for the first time! The outer fabric has Crookshanks, and the lining is Quidditch themed.
Project Picture:

7 Likes

Hi everyone!! I’m in charge of crafts this year for my local MOPs (mothers of preschoolers). Its a Christian based group that gets together a couple times a month for some other adult connection and community. Its strange that motherhood can be such a lonely thing. Its nice to share it with others. So, here are the crafts we are doing this year in my group. I made up examples for my group.

Class or Challenge Title: Apparition
Project Name & Page Link: Wood Slice Ornaments
Brief Description: I decided it would be fun to do personalized ornaments for our christmas trees this year. I painted the slice with black paint, used my cricut to cut out a little vinyl transfer (which was a little unruly in the weeding, but I managed) and then added little details on the sides of the vinyl writing with paint pens. I drilled a hole at the top for string.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Hermoine’s Book Club - The Worst Birthday
Project Name & Page Link: Bracelets
Brief Description: Being a Mom can be heavy, sometimes. It was strangely lonely being with kids all day. So I joined MOPs so I could help find my people and beat away some of that heavy loneliness. When we make these bracelets, we will be able to wear them and remember that we are not alone. I love these bracelets. They are so easy and can be easily changed up to what suits you. Mine are made with cording and glass beads, woven together.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Charms
Project Name & Page Link: Jar Sign
Brief Description: I found these super cute blank mason jar signs on amazon. I love them! I did a ombre look for the background, painted an outline of the jar around the sides, applied vinyl wording, and some twine. Mason jars are so totally my jam! I’m going to hang mine on the front door. I might even add it to a wreath of some kind.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Herbology
Project Name & Page Link: Sugar Scrubs
Brief Description: My sister asks for these babies for Christmas and her birthday. They are an easy gift, for sure! Just dump all the ingredients into a bowl, stir and put into a cute jar! I did one with 1c white sugar, 7 drops of lavender oil, and a tablespoon of lavender buds. The other one is 1/2c raw sugar, 1/2c brown sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and a dash of almond extract. They are so soothing during a shower and leaves your skin feeling so soft and smooth.
Project Picture:

6 Likes

I love Gudetama!

1 Like

Wow, @CraftsUntold that Shiny pouch makes me want to watch Firefly again! :slight_smile: Everyone is off to such a great start!

Class: History of Magic
Project Description: Sir Hammerlock soap! Sir Hammerlock here shares the tan and maroon of the version of the Marauder’s Map we’ve all come to know and love. Additionally, just as the map helps you see where you’re going, the Sir Hammerlock soap features his monocle, which helps him to see where he’s headed (as well as things like bullymongs, or “bonerfarts” if you prefer.) We did this as a three-part swirl, which is something we need to do more often. I love how each bar is unique!
Project Pic:

7 Likes

Can’t believe I didn’t have this thread bookmarked! I feel behind :sweat_smile:

You even have them on your OWS list :stuck_out_tongue:

@CraftsUntold your projects are great!

2 Likes

That soap is so cool!!

Thanks! We are having so much fun making them!

Join in some Halloween fun by crafting up some festive goodness for the Slytherin Halloween Party!

Those that complete all five prompts listed in the Slytherin common room will receive a special spooky piece of art to have forever and ever. Head on over and get creating!

2 Likes

Can’t wait for this! :smiley:

~ ADVANCED STUDIES PROPOSAL ~
Project Name: Teacher Bag
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques used, materials using, plan of action, expected timeline, etc.) I am in desperate need of a new teacher bag. I need something large with lots of specific use pockets. I have not had luck finding one I love to purchase. So, I have decided this is the year I create my own. I shall transfigure some flat waterproof canvas into a lovely shape that can all of my potions, spell books and maybe a mouse or 2. I suspect this will take me at least 15-20 hours as I modify a pattern and add lots of new details to it. I hope to finish it in 3 weeks.

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Defense against the Dark Arts
Project Name & Page Link: DIY Garlic Powder
Brief Description: We were running low on garlic powder, but I accidentally purchased garlic twice this month so I wanted to try to make it myself! Not bad, but I’ll probably alter the time or temp in the future.

Basic recipe: take one head of garlic and slice each clove as thinly as you can. Lay flat in sheet pan and place in oven at lowest setting.

I kept checking back and it took about 4 hours to get to the paper feeling I was looking for. I then removed it all from the pan and turned it into a powder using my coffee grinder.

Definitely a stronger garlic flavor than what I would have purchased at Kroger, but also a little more bitter.

Project Picture:

1 Like

Hey Friends! The HP Holiday Swap is still in signups. Due to a snafu, it wasn’t appearing in the list of open swaps, so I’m extending them through tomorrow evening. Come play with us! The swap is for 1 smallish item (frequently an ornament), and you can choose to have 1,2, or 3 partners.

2 Likes

I wish I could join the hp holiday swap. But most of my craft supplies are still in boxes. So no crafting for me until we get more unpacked. :cry:

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Divination
Project Name & Page Link: Folksy Cutlery Wrapping Paper
Brief Description:
I’ve been drawing a lot of spoons this month and decided to take it a step further.

The serrated lines on the knife really remind me of the Divination prompt—- im excited to use these for future cards/ATCs.
Project Picture:

5 Likes

I love your cutlery stamps!

1 Like