7 Likes

:grin:

1 Like

Happy birthday to you dear @Abbeeroad!

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Detention - Stash Busting #1
House: Gryffindor
Project Name & Page Link: Mug Rug Quilting Practice
Brief Description: I decided to do a bit more quilting practice and made some squares from some fabric I had which I then turned into a mug rug for funsies.
Project Picture:

2 Likes

That sloth Xstitch ornament is ADORABLE, and I love the color scheme/fabirc of your quilt block!

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress - January
House: Slytherin :snake: :yarn:
Project Name & Page Link: Husbandā€™s Hermes Hat
Brief Description: Finally made a Hi-visibility hat for my husband, for when he goes running. Details in the FO post!
Project Picture:

4 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Detention - Advanced Studies Challenge
Project Name & Page Link: Winter Sampler
Brief Description: Thanks to 2+ hours of detention I am now officially half way done with my winter sampler! Check out my before/after to see my detention progress.
Project Picture:

5 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Muggle Studies
Project Name & Page Link: January Cross Stitch
Brief Description: My favorite of all muggle crafts currentlyā€¦cross stitch! I prefer to do it the slow, muggle way rather than use magic. I actually completed this at the end of December so itā€™d be done for January but once I finished it it was tucked away into I found it again this week.

Itā€™s from Cross Stitcher magazine by Cheryl McKinnon. Thereā€™s a design for every month. Iā€™m going to do one each month for my own personal SAL. Not sure what I want to do with all them when Iā€™m done, but I have plenty of time to think about it.
Project Picture:

5 Likes

@Whistlefish - love the design for January, I canā€™t wait to see the rest of the months :slight_smile: And the winter sampler is looking amazing.

Few more classes to turn in :smiley:

Class or Challenge Title: Apparition
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name & Page Link: n/a
Brief Description: Cross stitch is all about keeping track of the stitches.

This cross stitch kit was given to me a few years ago, but I had never got around to stitching it. Unfortunately the needle had been placed in the fabric and had gone slightly rusty, staining the fabric. I tried bleaching, which didnā€™t work, so stained the fabric in some tea and added some coffee granules. I then used wax crayons to add a tint of green. Quite pleased that the rust spots are no longer obvious although not 100% happy with the outcome!

Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: COMC
Brief Description: The hessian string used to tie this hexagon book reminds me of the thin fingers of a bowtruckle.

Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Divination
Brief Description: These mini canvases were painted with a limited range of just 5 colours. The theme were pastel colours and dots and lines.

Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Flying
Brief Description: The theme for these inchies was rainbow, but I wanted them to be a blend of colours, so I created the background in one piece with a variety of different coloured pens and pieces of ribbon. I then cut it up and added a button of each colour. It wasnā€™t clear whilst creating the background what the result was going to be.

Project Picture:

Not the best photo of the finished inchies -

Class or Challenge Title: HOM
Brief Description: I was missing the Little Visitor Swap this winter, so I contacted @Inselaeffchen and asked if she fancied a private LV swap. Peanut didnā€™t have his own LV passport, so I created one to send with him on his travels. Each pocket has a tag that can be filled in with dates and location.

Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Muggle Studies
Brief Description: This was another of the Christmas cards I hand painted in watercolours

Project Picture:

4 Likes

I wouldnā€™t have know know there were rust spots had you not mentioned it! I thought thatā€™s just how the fabric was.

Also, thatā€™s the card I got! (Or maybe you made multiplesā€¦:thinking:) I love it! I was curious what you used for the ā€œHappy Christmasā€ silver writing on there.

I did make a few duplicates - still quite new to watercolours, so have a limited range of designs I know how to do :wink:

I used peel off stickers like this - https://smile.amazon.co.uk/Papermania-Stickers-Multi-One-Size/dp/B01LSN2KA0/ref=sr_1_14?dchild=1&keywords=peel+off+stickers+happy+christmas+silver&qid=1611348193&sr=8-14 - only in silver :rofl:

Oh wow! I thought they were embossed at first but the backside was still smooth. Stickers make much more sense. Lol.

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Detention WIP
House: Slytherin :snake: :thread:
Project Name & Page Link: Wash Your Damn Hands cross stitch
Brief Description: Finished a snarky cross stitch for our downstairs bathroom.
Project Picture:

5 Likes

My bathroom is almost that exact color! Love the cross stitch. And the octopus! :octopus:

1 Like

Itā€™s so hard to NOT have an aquatic themed bathroom, right?

Class or Challenge Title: House Pride
House: Slytherin :snake: :yarn:
Project Name & Page Link: Not So Slouchy Everyday Slouchy Beanie
Brief Description: A perfect everyday hat fit for a Slytherin. Pattern and yarn details in FO post.
Project Picture:

3 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Detention Stash 1
House: :yellow_heart: :heart: Gryffindor :lion:
Project Name & Page Link: Valentineā€™s Day Cards
Brief Description: I created these 10 Valentineā€™s Day cards completely out of items from my stash: paper, embroidery thread, fabric, washi tapeā€¦ I love my stash!
Project Picture: Have blurred the image in case you are in the swap and donā€™t want to see what Iā€™ve made

I love them so much because as well as being cards, the recipients can pull them apart when they are finished and reuse/repurpose the embroidery - I made them on an 8 inch square piece of fabric so they would have options :smiley:

Class or Challenge Title: Detention Stash 2
Project Name & Page Link: LC Patches
Brief Description: I created these 7 LC patches for swaps and thankyous using felt, interfacing and embroidery thread from my stash
Project Picture:

Bad nighttime photo :see_no_evil:

Class or Challenge Title: Detention Stash 3
Project Name & Page Link: Sewing Machine Cover
Brief Description: I made this sewing machine cover for Susie in a personal swap. I think it turned out brilliantly! I will make itā€™s own post once it has been received, so here is a sneak peak :wink:
Project Picture:

3 Likes

Friendly reminder: Please be sure to check what page of Hermioneā€™s Homework Planner you are on. Folks keep writing on the Master sheet, rather than their own page. Information written there will be deleted.

1 Like

Some of you really need to post your projects in the categories for all to seeā€¦I am following this thread because, seriously, some of the best projects are on here! I would have missed them if I did not come hereā€¦others need to see your beautiful works!!!

3 Likes

A new Hermioneā€™s Book Club prompt has been posted! Since this challenge spans this term, and our new Ostara Term, you may complete it in one, or BOTH terms.

1 Like