CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Yule 2020/21

Oh wow! I thought they were embossed at first but the backside was still smooth. Stickers make much more sense. Lol.

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Detention WIP
House: Slytherin :snake: :thread:
Project Name & Page Link: Wash Your Damn Hands cross stitch
Brief Description: Finished a snarky cross stitch for our downstairs bathroom.
Project Picture:

5 Likes

My bathroom is almost that exact color! Love the cross stitch. And the octopus! :octopus:

1 Like

It’s so hard to NOT have an aquatic themed bathroom, right?

Class or Challenge Title: House Pride
House: Slytherin :snake: :yarn:
Project Name & Page Link: Not So Slouchy Everyday Slouchy Beanie
Brief Description: A perfect everyday hat fit for a Slytherin. Pattern and yarn details in FO post.
Project Picture:

3 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Detention Stash 1
House: :yellow_heart: :heart: Gryffindor :lion:
Project Name & Page Link: Valentine’s Day Cards
Brief Description: I created these 10 Valentine’s Day cards completely out of items from my stash: paper, embroidery thread, fabric, washi tape… I love my stash!
Project Picture: Have blurred the image in case you are in the swap and don’t want to see what I’ve made

I love them so much because as well as being cards, the recipients can pull them apart when they are finished and reuse/repurpose the embroidery - I made them on an 8 inch square piece of fabric so they would have options :smiley:

Class or Challenge Title: Detention Stash 2
Project Name & Page Link: LC Patches
Brief Description: I created these 7 LC patches for swaps and thankyous using felt, interfacing and embroidery thread from my stash
Project Picture:

Bad nighttime photo :see_no_evil:

Class or Challenge Title: Detention Stash 3
Project Name & Page Link: Sewing Machine Cover
Brief Description: I made this sewing machine cover for Susie in a personal swap. I think it turned out brilliantly! I will make it’s own post once it has been received, so here is a sneak peak :wink:
Project Picture:

3 Likes

Friendly reminder: Please be sure to check what page of Hermione’s Homework Planner you are on. Folks keep writing on the Master sheet, rather than their own page. Information written there will be deleted.

1 Like

Some of you really need to post your projects in the categories for all to see…I am following this thread because, seriously, some of the best projects are on here! I would have missed them if I did not come here…others need to see your beautiful works!!!

3 Likes

A new Hermione’s Book Club prompt has been posted! Since this challenge spans this term, and our new Ostara Term, you may complete it in one, or BOTH terms.

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Charms
House: :heart: Gryffindor :yellow_heart:
Project Name & Page Link: Christmas Economy Quilt Blocks
Brief Description: I am aiming to make around 120 of these 6 inch square quilt blocks for a big Christmas quilt ready for 2021. These were the first 15 that I made. I put them up on my wall with washi tape to check them out (I don’t have a proper design wall, yet :wink: ) and I just love them as a little decoration! I think I’m going to have to make myself a proper mini quilt to hang there when I eventually do take them down.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Divination
Project Name & Page Link: Christmas quilt for my brother
Brief Description: I made this for my brother for Christmas last year, using the pillowcases he used as a child. He was really impressed with the gift, as he didn’t know I even had them (I’d had them for about 9 years!) There are loads and loads of straight lines in the quilting!
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Transfiguration
Project Name & Page Link: Quarantine Quilting Bee Round 2 patch
Brief Description: I took my super dooper LC patch, applied some magics et voila, I now have a new patch for my Quilting Bee :smiley:
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress ~ January - Foe Glass
Project Name & Page Link: Patchwork Zippered Pouch
Brief Description: I love zippered pouches, and often have them on my wishlists, but I finally thought, why not make one simply for me :slight_smile: So of course I got to choose all of my favourite elements :slight_smile: More info if you click on the link to the post x
Project Picture:

2 Likes

Great items PrincessP, I particularly love the patchwork pouch, sewing machine cover and of course- the LC patches.

1 Like

hourglasses
:zap: Headmistress Jennie casts the House Points Charm! :zap:

The votes are in, and our date time has been set!

:heart: :cupcake: :cupid: :kiss: :love_letter: :rose: Valentine’s Craft Date at Madam Puddifoot’s :rose: :love_letter: :kiss: :cupid: :cupcake: :heart:

Date: Saturday, February 13th
Time 3:00-5:00pm, CST (4:00pm EST, 1:00pm PST, 9:00pm Ireland/UK, 10pm Norway, 8:00am Australia)
What to Bring: A cup of tea & a treat (if you wish), and a craft project to work on.
How: Zoom, with meeting details to be posted the day of the event.

3 Likes

Yay! I’m looking forward to this! :coffee: :cake: :love_letter: :computer:

What a cool idea to make a quilt out of pillow cases and I love the quilting bee patch!

1 Like

~ ADVANCED STUDIES PROPOSAL ~
Project Name: Muggle Doll Shoes
House: Hufflepuff
Brief Description: With a new term coming up I am feeling motivated to try something I have been wanting to learn for a while. Muggle dolls have such small feet. It is a wonder to me how shoes can be built in such a tiny proportion without magic. I have tried to create a couple of pairs, but they turned out terrible. I would like to devote time to learning to create doll shoes.
I want to create them using different mediums:
*fabric *polymer clay *pleather *altering premade shoes
Along with using different materials, I would like to make a variety of shoe types:
*sandals *heels *boots *slippers
Learning from previous shoe failures I need to try a variety of glues and learn from some master shoemakers via youtube.

Lastly, I need to make a shoe rack to display the new shoes. I expect it to take 20 or more hours to become a decent apprentice shoemaker. I am hoping to have the project done in a month.

1 Like

:sparkles: :owl: :scroll: Reminder from the Headmistress: This term of the HPC will end on Sunday, January 31st, at midnight! Be sure to post any last minute projects before then. The Ostara Term will begin Monday, February 1st, sometime after my first cup of tea. :wink:

3 Likes

Awesome AS proposal! I’ve added it to the project log for both this term and next! :wink: Happy shoe making!

Challenge Title: Detention: Advanced Studies
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name & Page Link: Art Journal Progress
Brief Description: After a couple zooms and an initial doodle page, I have some progress to share on my 2021 art journal! The before pictures would just be blank pages…hope it’s ok I’ve omitted them.
Project Pictures:

Challenge Title: Detention: Stash
Project Name & Page Link: Quiltalong BOM
Brief Description: Yep - another block of the month! Not perfect, but this whole quilt block thing is new to me! Love that 2021 is pushing my crafty horizons! All stash materials…bonus!
Project Picture:

Class Title: History of Magic
Project Name & Page Link: Paw Patrol Travel Pillow Cases
Brief Description: I got these little travel pillows for my girls to take to daycare and on car rides. They came with perfectly fine pillow covers, but after a year, I felt we could spruce them up a bit. Paw Patrol is a current fave in our house, so I deconstructed the old case (it had a nice flap that tucked in on the open edge) and whipped up some replacements! Now we can travel in style. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Project Picture:

Class Title: Potions
Project Name & Page Link: MLP PJ Pants
Brief Description: Nothing makes you feel safer than some nice, oversized cozy pants, right? Made for my daughters with My Little Pony flannel, I followed this pattern in 3T, but they are still a little too big for my kiddos.
Project Picture:

2 Likes

Class: Apparition
House: Slytherin
Project Name: Silhouette tattoo pad
Project Description: I had to make a stencil that I traced from a printed sheet and then transferred to the plastic pad. I actually had to do this twice because I didn’t “pass” the first one I did. Lol the first one looked terrible!

Class: DADA
Project Name: Deer Valentine’s
Project Description: I made handmade Valentine’s for a Valentine card exchange her on LC. These feature a little red deer. I’m blurring the image because I haven’t sent them out yet!

Class: HoM
Project Name: Teddy in a hat box
Project Description: these Valentine’s were made to be sent in the mail. This traveling across the country. They are also going to other crafty mischief makers. Which is what the Marauders were.

Class: Potions
Project Name: Hippo Valentine’s
Project Description: blurred because the haven’t been sent yet. I find watercoloring really reduces my anxiety. And making happy mail does that too! So I made these Valentine’s with watercolors.