CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Yule 2020/21

Hey friends! Just FYI, I’ve been crazy busy the last two days, and haven’t been able to post a new Hermione’s Book Club prompt. So rather than pull my hair out, I’ve decided to extend the current prompt until the 18th. I’ll post a new one on Monday, the 19th.

3 Likes

I’m so glad this challenge is extended, so many things has happened and I didn’t remember the deadline until the day after.

Class or Challenge Title: Hermione Book Club ch #1
House: Slytherin
Project Name & Page Link: Dragon phone case
Brief Description: I’ve neglected my brothers request for weeks, told him to keep asking/reminding me because I forgot so many things. Finally, after a month or two I’ve finally completed his phone case.
Project Picture:

6 Likes

Well I, for one am glad the book club chapter got an extension!

Class: Apparition
House: Hufflepuff
Project Description: I focused on the Minister of Magic and Support Staff (located on Level One) while completing this project. I made a bulletin board for our library, with pictures of the staff dressed up in costumes. Sorry for the blurry pic, but that way I don’t compromise anyone’s privacy.
Project Pic:

Class: Charms
Project Description:Another library project! Our town does a thing where participating businesses/services make a scarecrow and lash it to one of the light poles along the only road through town. For ours, I made Turnip Head from Howl’s Moving Castle. Hopefully it will make people smile as they pass by!
Project Pic

Class: Divination
Project Description: This little cushion uses a shell stitch that has clusters of 5. I’m hoping to do some others to coordinate with it… :slight_smile:
Project Pic:

Challenge: Hermione’s Book Club Chapter 1
Project Description: I’ve had this fabric sitting around for masks for way too long now - been neglecting it something terrible! I also had a new mask variation I wanted to try. Here’s the link. So far, I’ve only test worn it a little, but it does a great job of not fogging my glasses. Tomorrow at work will be the true test!
Project Pic:

@MistressJennie, I have some yarn to chew through, and then I will probably be hitting you up to see if you have any codes, because I love the whole idea of that yarn, and it looks lovely as well!

Here is a completely frivolous extra that took no time. I was a little short on elastic, so I made this strap to go across the back of my head to save my ears. It’s just velcro with some cute cabochons hot glued on. Now I want to make a Honeydukes fabric mask to go with! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I love your Turnip Head!

I love your turnip head! HMC holds a special place in my heart (both the book and the Studio Ghibli adaptation).

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress Prompt- Jelly Slugs

House: Hufflepuff :badger::yellow_heart::black_heart:

Project Name & Page Link: Apple Butter for Canning- Link to Recipe

Brief Description:

My first attempt at canning, I was able to fill two mason jars with apple butter from apples we picked earlier in the season. These jars will be split up and one will go to a friend for her birthday and the other to my boss at work for Boss’s day.

Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Hermione’s Book Club- Chapter 1

House: Hufflepuff :badger::yellow_heart::black_heart:

Project Name & Page Link: Crow Linocut Card

Brief Description:

A friend of ours turns 28 today and this birthday will be a little lonelier than last years given the state of things. She’s got a murder if crows that live near the lake near her hole and I tried to capture one for this card to cheer her up!

Project Picture:

3 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Hermione Book Club ch #1
SPEW or LC Challenge: Cozy Autumn Challenge
House: Slytherin :yarn:
Project Name & Page Link: Pairfect Autumn vanilla socks
Brief Description: I started this pair back in April, and i think the dark colors (which I usually LOVE) put me off working on it during the height of Covid-19 and it’s depressing-ness… They were VERY neglected, but no more! Finally finished.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Detention - AS, 2 hours of progress
House: Slytherin :yarn:
Project Name & Page Link: Mike’s Custom Scarf
Brief Description: This is a bit more than 2 hours progress on this. I have made it to the large arrow in the design, so that’s great. this is in-the-round colorwork, so the progress is a bit deceptive looking at one side of it.
Project Picture:
BEFORE (when I restarted it using a different method)

AFTER

6 Likes

You gals have been busy! Everything is looking amazing.

1 Like

I’ve been busy doing digital art work lately. Very new to me. I’m learning a lot. Procreate is amazing.

Class: Charms
Project Name: jackolantern kitty
Project Description: as I said I’ve been learning to use procreate and do digital art for my tattoo apprenticeship. I make this little kitty in a jackolantern for fun and to practice.

Class: Flying
Project Name: Black and gray scale flowers
Project Description: one of my tattoo homework assignments was to make gray scale realism. I choose five flowers. My instructor called them painterly but passed me on to color realism anyway. I’m stressing about color realism. I don’t feel ready.

Class: Herbology
Project Name: watercolor mandala
Project Description: for art therapy I made a mandala with ink and watercolor. It isn’t perfect but it was fun and relaxing.

Class: Muggle studies
Project Name: tea flash sheet
Project Description: using the muggle devise called an iPad I made a tattoo flash sheet for one of my early tattoo homework projects. I had to do this one twice because I screwed up the first time around.

6 Likes

Not really sure what this means?? But I love the flowers, they are stunning :heart_eyes:

I love the stacked teacups. I always love your color choices, too.

wait. Is today Friday again!?

2 Likes

All day darling. All day.

1 Like

LOL…It felt like Friday 2 days ago…I can’t keep it straight anymore.

6 Likes

Erin, I love your tattoo designs. Your black and grey flowers are absolutely lovely.

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress Challenge - October
House: Slytherin :snake: :cupcake:
Project Name & Page Link: Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Apple Cider donuts
Brief Description: Rhinebeck (NY Sheep and Wool) is happening virtually this weekend, and a lot of people have lamented the lack of apple cider donuts that is a tradition at the festival. Not me! The one time I attended in person I could only look on in envy at people with their gluten filled donuts. This morning I used my fancy new donut pans and made my own!
I used Maple Sugar instead of plain sugar to top them with. SO GOOD.
Project Picture:

9 Likes

Those look so yummy!

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Book Club Ch 1
Project Name & Page Link: Rabbit Ami #1
Brief Description: My oldest niece has Down’s syndrome, and her main stim is bouncing dolls with long legs. Earlier this year, her rabbit of this kind finally kicked the bucket, so I decided I would make her a new one for Christmas, which for better or worse means that’s what I’m making for all 3 nieces. This one has been done for AGES, except I was just putting off embroidering the face. I finally got that done, and realized it’s no big deal for the next two.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Charms
Project Name & Page Link: Snowman Ami
Brief Description: Of the things I inherited from my grandma was ~4 pounds of white Red Heart Yarn (also contributing the rabbit choice above), so I downloaded the pattern for these little snowmen. They’re just so cheery! I’m tempted to make a whole line of them to sit on my mantle all winter.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Herbology
Project Name & Page Link: Green Broomstick Skirt
Brief Description: I finished a springy skirt just in time for it to be too cold to wear! This is Simplicity 1110, view C, made with a crinkle knit, which I have sworn off using in the past (darn you red tag fabric!) This has also been mostly done for a long time (I know I did the waistband with literal scraps of elastic, because we were in hard lockdown, so probably March?), but I made hand sewing the hem my “conference call craft” and knocked it out in about two days.
Project Picture:

2 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Book Club - Ch 1
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name & Page Link: Runs With Scissors Patches
Brief Description: I spent much of my weekend learning to make patches with my new-to-me embroidery machine. I had a lot of trouble at first, so I went to a basic patch made by Urban Threads, and followed their tutorial for making them freestanding by using water soluble stabilizer. After that I learned how to put backs on them right before the final embroidery, so they have a finished look. You can see the light blue one was my first. I managed the black with backing second, and the following ones. Three will be going to friends in a private Halloween swap.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress October
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name & Page Link: Lettuce Craft Patches
Brief Description: This was my reason for wanting to learn to make patches! I wanted to make some of PrincessP’s LC patches. She kindly shared the digital file with me, and I think I made 4 faulty attempts before finally getting one to work right. Turns out the pattern didn’t want to work the same way as the tutorial I was following for a freestanding patch with backing. Now I’ve got three decent ones done, and I’m nearly out of felt. I didn’t have any light felt, so I went with black and dark grey. I think of them as the site in “Dark Mode”. These three are going to friends in the same private swap.
Project Picture:

6 Likes

hourglasses
:zap: Headmistress Jennie casts the House Points Charm! :zap:

1 Like

A new Hermione’s Book Club prompt has been posted!

3 Likes