CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Yule 2020/21

:sparkles: :scroll: :owl: Note from the Headmistress…

Please remember when using Hermione’s Homework Planner, you should only be writing on YOUR page of the spreadsheet. Please don’t make notes on the Master sheet. As I have no way of knowing who made them, I can’t move them to your individual pages, so they will just be deleted.

Challenge, Hermione’s Book Club CHAPTER 2
House: Hufflepuff
Project Description: Boy, did I make a mess for this one! Seriously. I should have thought to take a pic at the height of the chaos, LOL! I made this for work, and I had SOOOOO much fun doing it. I had suggested doing a cardboard facade of Jack Skellington’s house for part of our department’s pumpkin contest, but when I sat down to do it, this happened instead. It was super relaxing to make, because his house is pretty rickety, so nothing had to be perfect. :slight_smile:
Pics:
THE CHAOS (or a bit of it)

And the house:

7 Likes

Fun!!!

Thanks! I finally got around to doing my “pumpkin” for our display as well!

Challenge: Jelly Slugs
Project Decription: I was assigned the sad faced version of the Mayor from Nightmare Before Christmas. So here’s my creepy little dude.
Project Pic:

5 Likes

Only a few more days to participate in the Slytherin Halloween Party! Check out the Slytherin common room at the beginning of the thread to see the prompts. (Remember these are for fun not house points) There is still time to snatch up a cute, made-for-you, Halloween painting!

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Divination
House: Slytherin :snake: :yarn:
LC Contest: Cozy Days Challenge
Project Name & Page Link: Uneek Jacoby Fingerless Mitts
Brief Description: Some mitts to match a previously knit hat. Fits Palmistry Divination for obvious reasons.
Project Picture:

7 Likes

Ooooh! @CraftsUntold I love those mitts!! :heart_eyes: And OMG I just noticed your teacup! Ooooohhhhhh!!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh I got that cup at Home Goods last year, along with another Halloween themed one that has cats on it. Home Goods is a dangerous place for my wallet. :laughing:

2 Likes

Haha. Truth!

Excellent mitts!

And instantly recognizable pumpkin @Moonflame!

@Abbeeroad Thank you!

I haven’t been to HomeGoods in a long time. Hmmmm. . . :wink:

2 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Arithmancy
House: Slytherin :snake: :thread:
Project Name & Page Link: HP Crookshanks TM square.
Brief Description: I did a personal swap with @PrincessP, a TM quilt square for one of her machine embroidered LC patches. I do not hand sew or embroider often, it is a tedious Muggle craft :laughing:. It’s about 4" x 6". Fits arithmancy because it will be sent around the world to someone. Seeing how it’s traveling from the US to Australia, with the current post office issues, P might receive it in time for Christmas… :sweat_smile:
Project Picture:

(edited because wrong class…)

2 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Transfiguration
House: Gryffindor
Project Name & Page Link: Blackberry Buckle
Brief Description: My mom often made Blueberry Buckle when I was growing up, and I sometimes miss it. Meanwhile I had 2 containers of blackberries that were a little bitter to eat out of hand, so I decided to substitute them into the buckle recipe she always used, figuring a little sugar and spice would fix that. I also swapped out 3/4 of the all purpose flour for whole wheat pastry flour, the milk for cashew milk, and replaced the cinnamon with a baking spice mix from Penzy’s that uses of 2 kinds of cinnamon, anise, allspice, mace, and cardamom. I think when I make it again, I’ll try half ap flour & half whole wheat pastry.
Project Picture:

2 Likes

Class: Study of Ancient Runes
Project Name: I made this hat for my husband from a knitting pattern that would ddefinitely need to be translated for non-knitters.
Project Pic:

2 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Iron Chef- October
Project Name & Page Link: Persimmon & Key Lime Spread
Brief Description: My first time working with/eating persimmons, I modified the recipe and used 4 medium Fuyu persimmons, 1/2 cup key lime juice and 1/2 cup sugar. It didn’t turn out to be quite the jam I anticipated, but it has more of an apple butter consistency that I love.
Project Picture:

I have been on the hunt for persimmons all month and finally saw some at a Meijer on my way home last night. Very fortuitous because this spread is delicious. 4 small jars, two in the freezer, one in our fridge and one going to a friend.

4 Likes

AWESOME!!! Persimmons are supposed to be in season according to google, but I haven’t seen any either. Admittedly, Mr. Road does the food store trips these days, so I haven’t had much opportunity to see them…

2 Likes

Wow, a lot of projects have been posted recently.
Jillybeans-Gorgeous Home plaque. I would totally hang that in my house.
Beholder folklore- I have never had anything with persimmons, that jam sounds yummy.
moonflame-wonderful hat. We just got our first snow here in Utah a few days ago. That looks like it would be very cozy. I love your take on the mayor “pumpkin”, and the house- Wow, just wow!
MistressJennie-I love Blackberry Buckle, and I love Penzey’s spices. Looks delicious!
CraftsUntold-I love your fingerless gloves! Wonderful job.

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: DADA
House: Slytherin :snake: :jack_o_lantern:
Project Name & Page Link: roasted pumpkin seeds
Brief Description: We carved pumpkins tonight, and I saved the seeds for roasting! They are seasoned with garlic powder, pepper, paprika, and salt.
Project Picture:

5 Likes

I love roasted pumpkin seeds and your pumpkins turned out lovely as well!

2 Likes

Roasted pumpkin seeds are one of my favorite foods.

2 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Charms

House: Slytherin

Project Name & Page Link: “Yesh!” Blanket

Brief Description: This blanket was shipped off to a dear friend whom I haven’t been able to see in person for nearly 2 years now- first due to just regular life stuff and then Covid. Funnily enough the blanket was also 2 years in the making. It is not my original artwork, I used stitch fiddle to make a chart and worked it up from that. My friend really loves these characters and I had gotten it into my head that I wanted to make her this to show how much I appreciate our friendship. I didn’t know what I was getting into. I originally planned “a nice throw blanket” and ended up with a monster measuring approx 7’ square. No one can accuse me of subtlety!

Project Picture:

4 Likes