CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Yule 2020/21

Class or Challenge Title: Arithmancy
House: Slytherin :snake: :thread:
Project Name & Page Link: HP Crookshanks TM square.
Brief Description: I did a personal swap with @PrincessP, a TM quilt square for one of her machine embroidered LC patches. I do not hand sew or embroider often, it is a tedious Muggle craft :laughing:. It’s about 4" x 6". Fits arithmancy because it will be sent around the world to someone. Seeing how it’s traveling from the US to Australia, with the current post office issues, P might receive it in time for Christmas
 :sweat_smile:
Project Picture:

(edited because wrong class
)

2 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Transfiguration
House: Gryffindor
Project Name & Page Link: Blackberry Buckle
Brief Description: My mom often made Blueberry Buckle when I was growing up, and I sometimes miss it. Meanwhile I had 2 containers of blackberries that were a little bitter to eat out of hand, so I decided to substitute them into the buckle recipe she always used, figuring a little sugar and spice would fix that. I also swapped out 3/4 of the all purpose flour for whole wheat pastry flour, the milk for cashew milk, and replaced the cinnamon with a baking spice mix from Penzy’s that uses of 2 kinds of cinnamon, anise, allspice, mace, and cardamom. I think when I make it again, I’ll try half ap flour & half whole wheat pastry.
Project Picture:

2 Likes

Class: Study of Ancient Runes
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name: I made this hat for my husband from a knitting pattern that would ddefinitely need to be translated for non-knitters.
Project Pic:

2 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Iron Chef- October
Project Name & Page Link: Persimmon & Key Lime Spread
Brief Description: My first time working with/eating persimmons, I modified the recipe and used 4 medium Fuyu persimmons, 1/2 cup key lime juice and 1/2 cup sugar. It didn’t turn out to be quite the jam I anticipated, but it has more of an apple butter consistency that I love.
Project Picture:

I have been on the hunt for persimmons all month and finally saw some at a Meijer on my way home last night. Very fortuitous because this spread is delicious. 4 small jars, two in the freezer, one in our fridge and one going to a friend.

4 Likes

AWESOME!!! Persimmons are supposed to be in season according to google, but I haven’t seen any either. Admittedly, Mr. Road does the food store trips these days, so I haven’t had much opportunity to see them

2 Likes

Wow, a lot of projects have been posted recently.
Jillybeans-Gorgeous Home plaque. I would totally hang that in my house.
Beholder folklore- I have never had anything with persimmons, that jam sounds yummy.
moonflame-wonderful hat. We just got our first snow here in Utah a few days ago. That looks like it would be very cozy. I love your take on the mayor “pumpkin”, and the house- Wow, just wow!
MistressJennie-I love Blackberry Buckle, and I love Penzey’s spices. Looks delicious!
CraftsUntold-I love your fingerless gloves! Wonderful job.

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: DADA
House: Slytherin :snake: :jack_o_lantern:
Project Name & Page Link: roasted pumpkin seeds
Brief Description: We carved pumpkins tonight, and I saved the seeds for roasting! They are seasoned with garlic powder, pepper, paprika, and salt.
Project Picture:

5 Likes

I love roasted pumpkin seeds and your pumpkins turned out lovely as well!

2 Likes

Roasted pumpkin seeds are one of my favorite foods.

2 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Charms

House: Slytherin

Project Name & Page Link: “Yesh!” Blanket

Brief Description: This blanket was shipped off to a dear friend whom I haven’t been able to see in person for nearly 2 years now- first due to just regular life stuff and then Covid. Funnily enough the blanket was also 2 years in the making. It is not my original artwork, I used stitch fiddle to make a chart and worked it up from that. My friend really loves these characters and I had gotten it into my head that I wanted to make her this to show how much I appreciate our friendship. I didn’t know what I was getting into. I originally planned “a nice throw blanket” and ended up with a monster measuring approx 7’ square. No one can accuse me of subtlety!

Project Picture:

4 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Arithmancy
Project Name & Page Link: HP Nesting Dolls
Brief Description: Each smaller figure is hidden within the larger figure before it.
Project Picture:

4 Likes

Wow, that blanket is amazing and I love the nesting dolls, they are all so cute

1 Like

Amazing job @AntBee!!!

Thank you! That’s the same blanket I was getting your advice on when you were doing the haunted mansion one. I’m so glad it’s finally done!

Annnd because it is done I can go back to my advanced studies project! Just in time, too, it’s snowing like the dickens!

2 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Charms
House: Slytherin :snake: :cupcake:
Project Name & Page Link: Mario Cart Birthday cake
Brief Description: Today is my husband’s birthday, he’s 37, so I made him a cake fit for his inner 7 year old. The cake itself is 2 boxes (chocolate and vanilla) of Betty Crocker (or maybe Duncan Hines?) gluten free cake mixes. I used green food coloring on a container of Cream cheese frosting (it’s what was in the cabinet), and I bought a Mario Hot Wheels/Matchbox car to put on top! Certainly brought a smile to his face.
note: I hate icing cakes. I have not mastered piping. Much prefer to make a tray bake or quick loaf. The things we do for loved ones!
Project Picture:

4 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Herbology
House: Slytherin :snake: :yarn:
Project Name & Page Link: Witchy Tweedy socks
Brief Description: Another pair of Halloween socks for my Halloween Sock Box. Protects my toes from the elements, and brings me comfort.
Project Picture:

4 Likes

@CraftsUntold those pumpkin seeds look tasty, and the pumpkins are great! I can’t believe how cool that cake looks! I bet your husband loved it! And those socks! I need to knit myself a pair of socks. It’s been too long and you’ve inspired me! :slight_smile: :socks:

@AntBee Holy Cow that blanket!! That’s true friendship right there! :slight_smile:

@beholder_folklore I love how all the nifflers are holding different things, and Hermione looks so cute with the Monster Book! :lion:

1 Like

I’m happy to enable in yarny endeavors. :ghost::yarn::socks:

Class or Challenge Title: Apparition
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name & Page Link: Potion Bottle Patch
Brief Description: This little potion bottle is inspired by the purple and gold of the Ministry of Magic.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: CoMC
Project Name & Page Link: Tee Shirt Yarn
Brief Description: I made several balls of long, thin tee shirt yarn out of worn out shirts.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Potions
Project Name & Page Link: Candy Bundles for Trick or Treaters
Brief Description: In an effort to protect each other from illness, I am not opening the door to trick or treaters this year. :cry: But rather than leave a bowl of candy for grubby little hands to dig through, I decided to make up little bundles of candy to leave on a table on our walkway. They each contain 2 fun size Haribo pouches of gummies, a cow tail caramel, a Heath bar, and a pack of Smarties.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: House Unity
Project Name & Page Link: Hogwarts United Crochet Ornaments
Brief Description: These were made for MissingWillow’s daughter, in the Harry Potter Holiday Swap. I hope she loves them in her brand new home, with her first very own Christmas tree.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: SoAR
Project Name & Page Link: White LC patches
Brief Description: These sweet little LC patches include text.
Project Picture:

8 Likes

Love those Hogwarts inspired crocheted ornaments!

1 Like