CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Yule 2021/22

Come join us for some crafting and a movie!

I cannot tell you how very, very much I wished I could join this. My husband is sick (just got the call and is covid negative thankfully) so the “all me all day” 3 year old entertainment center has been going full force with no breaks for days. (She no longer naps! :sob:) I actually had plans for an in-person hang out with my sister that had to be canceled for this Man-Cold yesterday (and my disposition shows it).
I hope you guys had a relaxing and crafty good time; I’m appropriately jealous!

1 Like

@FiberAlchemist, @Abbeeroad & I had a lovely time crafting together. Thank you os much for hosting this for us Barbara!

2 Likes

Please please don’t let this stop you from joining in! I feel like this too, especially when I think how prolific I was once upon a time, so I know how you feel - but honestly we would be so much the poorer as a group if you didn’t show us what you were up to - house points or no.

2 Likes

Ditto! Thanks @FiberAlchemist! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Hi you guys this is LynnAquaheart I am so sorry it took me so long to get to you guys but I have had so much to deal with. Perhaps I waited because this was going to be very emotional for me because this community has meant SO very much to both of us even if I have been behind the scenes taking care of Erin so that she could participate, but ErinAquaheart passed away on Dec. 6th she LOVED this community so much and deeply appreciated every piece of mail you all sent her and every zoom meet up, just everything through out the years brought her so much joy.

Here are some pictures of her from some of our last memories together.
I don’t know if this is allowed but I do have a go fund me if anyone would like to help with her final expenses. I don’t want to post the link unless it’s ok. So I’ll check back here with her account.

15 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss, Lynn. She was a great artist and crafter and I’m sure an even greater partner. She will be missed.

5 Likes

Lynn, I’m very sorry for your loss. Erin’s art was always a whimsical and joyous addition to the craftalong. She will certainly be missed.

5 Likes

Lynn, I’m so sorry for your loss, and honestly, for ours as a group. It was always clear how much Erin loved being here, and she was a constant source of encouragement and inspiration to all of our members. She will truly be missed. All my good thoughts and love to you, and your family.

5 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss Lynn. Erin was such a warm, bubbly part of our community.

4 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss, Lynn. Erin was so fun and had such a unique artistic style. Her energy on the site and in the world will be missed. :heart:

4 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss, Lynn. Erin was such a warm and creative lady. We were glad to have her in our community.

4 Likes

I’m sorry for your loss. I’ve not been that active but even I saw the positive energy Erin brought with her, wish I had known her better.

3 Likes

~ COMPLETED ADVANCED STUDIES ~
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Wave Shawl
Project Page Link: Post and Pattern
Brief Description: I wasn’t sure I’d finish this in time for Xmas, but it’s on it’s way to it’s recipient as we speak! Blocked and everything! Love the way the final product lays.
Project Picture:

~ COMPLETED ADVANCED STUDIES ~
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: 2021 Art Journal
Project Page Link: Art Journal Craftalong - latest post
Brief Description: While there are still a few days left in 2021, I’m pretty sure I will not be working in my art journal until 2022! What an adventure this has been for me. I’ve learned so much and have thoroughly enjoyed every page, even if I’m not in love with the final product. I am excited to continue this adventure next year!
Project Picture:

Latest page:

Journal to date:

6 Likes

Challenge: 12 trees - fake snow
House: Hufflepuff
Project: wrapping purchased gifts
I don’t buy many gifts (most are made) but there are usually a few, mostly where I have send something just prefect for a particular person :smiley:

Challenge: 12 trees - garland
Project: soap labels and wrapping
Wrapped with greaseproof paper (I cannot tell you what a pain this is because of course it will not stick!!!) And cotton, watercoloured labels with stamped and handwritten wording and a sprig of rosemary. The rosemary will hopefully make the parcels smell amazing when they are opened, but also I love that it looks like a piece of fir tree!

Challenge: 12 trees - icicles
Project: dried orange slices to hang
Slice and heat for about 2 hours at 120 degrees -too low and they’ll brown but not dry, too high and they’ll burn!

Challenge: 12 trees - ribbon
Project: tree!
Using some of my other recent projects!

I would have liked to have got a potted tree, but as I could only just buy one due to the decorating I was doing (photo another time!) all the nicest ones had gone, so I will wait to next year. This little chap is lovely but a bit smaller, so I have kept decorations simple - usually I world do oranges, corks and all my lovely home made decorations from you guys!

12 trees - tinsel
Project: corks
I have long kept corks from champagne (well, more usually sparkly wine), put a coin in them and a label saying what the occasion was and who I was with - and hang them on my tree each year. I found this year that I had many without a having loop (not having had a tree for several years whilst on the boat) and a few more recently ones without coin or label - so I have rectified ready to hang!

These had not loop, now fixed

These had no coins or labels - but do now!

Challenge: 12 trees - tree skirt
Project: lipbalm packaging
some functional but decorative lids for the lipbalm I made

6 Likes

@noodle - I love the idea of using pins/buttons in lieu of bows on packages. That’s one way to keep the decorative bits from being crushed!

Prompt: HMC December - Hagrid’s Tree Garland
Project Description: Snowflakes may not be the best Christmas motif these days with the weather routinely in the 60s in December (it should be in the 40s at most) but we can hope, right?

Prompt: HMC December - Hagrid’s Tree Tinsel
Description: The tiny holly leaves in this print are a really shiny silver.

5 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Book Club Ch 13
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name & Page Link: Christmas Placemats
Brief Description: I made some new placemats for our dining table to help celebrate the season!
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress - Bells
SPEW or LC Contest: The Great Lettuce Craft Bakeoff
Project Name & Page Link: Gingerbread Bundt Cake with Maple Cinnamon Glaze
Brief Description: My gingerbread cake looks beautiful, smells amazing, and tastes delicious! Recipe can be found here.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress - Fake Snow
Project Name & Page Link: 3 Ingredient (Dairy-Free/Vegan/Allergen Friendly) Truffles
Brief Description: These truffles are SO EASY, and yet look polished and impressive. I’ve been making them as gifts for the past few years. This year I made a batch that went to friends and neighbors, and some got used to decorate the base of my bundt cake.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress - Star
Project Name & Page Link: Christmas Wall Quilt
Brief Description: Quilting is one of my talents. It’s possibly the first craft I did much of, starting as a kid, because my mom was a quilter and gave me all her scraps to play with.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress - Tree Skirt
Project Name & Page Link: Christmas Candle Mat
Brief Description: My candle mat is both functional (keeps from burning my table when the candle burns down), and decorates the house for the holidays.
Project Picture:

6 Likes

Lynn, I’m so sorry for your loss!

3 Likes

Lynn, I’m so sorry to hear about Erin. She was so talented and bright. I’m sending you all my good thoughts. I’m so glad she had you.

4 Likes

@ErinAquaheart - Lynn, I am so sorry to hear this. Erin will be greatly misses. She was such a bright spot and immense talent.

5 Likes