CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Yule 2021/22

I’m so sorry for your loss, Lynn. Erin was such a warm and creative lady. We were glad to have her in our community.

4 Likes

I’m sorry for your loss. I’ve not been that active but even I saw the positive energy Erin brought with her, wish I had known her better.

3 Likes

~ COMPLETED ADVANCED STUDIES ~
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: Wave Shawl
Project Page Link: Post and Pattern
Brief Description: I wasn’t sure I’d finish this in time for Xmas, but it’s on it’s way to it’s recipient as we speak! Blocked and everything! Love the way the final product lays.
Project Picture:

~ COMPLETED ADVANCED STUDIES ~
House: Gryffindor
Project Name: 2021 Art Journal
Project Page Link: Art Journal Craftalong - latest post
Brief Description: While there are still a few days left in 2021, I’m pretty sure I will not be working in my art journal until 2022! What an adventure this has been for me. I’ve learned so much and have thoroughly enjoyed every page, even if I’m not in love with the final product. I am excited to continue this adventure next year!
Project Picture:

Latest page:

Journal to date:

6 Likes

Challenge: 12 trees - fake snow
House: Hufflepuff
Project: wrapping purchased gifts
I don’t buy many gifts (most are made) but there are usually a few, mostly where I have send something just prefect for a particular person :smiley:

Challenge: 12 trees - garland
Project: soap labels and wrapping
Wrapped with greaseproof paper (I cannot tell you what a pain this is because of course it will not stick!!!) And cotton, watercoloured labels with stamped and handwritten wording and a sprig of rosemary. The rosemary will hopefully make the parcels smell amazing when they are opened, but also I love that it looks like a piece of fir tree!

Challenge: 12 trees - icicles
Project: dried orange slices to hang
Slice and heat for about 2 hours at 120 degrees -too low and they’ll brown but not dry, too high and they’ll burn!

Challenge: 12 trees - ribbon
Project: tree!
Using some of my other recent projects!

I would have liked to have got a potted tree, but as I could only just buy one due to the decorating I was doing (photo another time!) all the nicest ones had gone, so I will wait to next year. This little chap is lovely but a bit smaller, so I have kept decorations simple - usually I world do oranges, corks and all my lovely home made decorations from you guys!

12 trees - tinsel
Project: corks
I have long kept corks from champagne (well, more usually sparkly wine), put a coin in them and a label saying what the occasion was and who I was with - and hang them on my tree each year. I found this year that I had many without a having loop (not having had a tree for several years whilst on the boat) and a few more recently ones without coin or label - so I have rectified ready to hang!

These had not loop, now fixed

These had no coins or labels - but do now!

Challenge: 12 trees - tree skirt
Project: lipbalm packaging
some functional but decorative lids for the lipbalm I made

6 Likes

@noodle - I love the idea of using pins/buttons in lieu of bows on packages. That’s one way to keep the decorative bits from being crushed!

Prompt: HMC December - Hagrid’s Tree Garland
Project Description: Snowflakes may not be the best Christmas motif these days with the weather routinely in the 60s in December (it should be in the 40s at most) but we can hope, right?

Prompt: HMC December - Hagrid’s Tree Tinsel
Description: The tiny holly leaves in this print are a really shiny silver.

5 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Book Club Ch 13
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name & Page Link: Christmas Placemats
Brief Description: I made some new placemats for our dining table to help celebrate the season!
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress - Bells
SPEW or LC Contest: The Great Lettuce Craft Bakeoff
Project Name & Page Link: Gingerbread Bundt Cake with Maple Cinnamon Glaze
Brief Description: My gingerbread cake looks beautiful, smells amazing, and tastes delicious! Recipe can be found here.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress - Fake Snow
Project Name & Page Link: 3 Ingredient (Dairy-Free/Vegan/Allergen Friendly) Truffles
Brief Description: These truffles are SO EASY, and yet look polished and impressive. I’ve been making them as gifts for the past few years. This year I made a batch that went to friends and neighbors, and some got used to decorate the base of my bundt cake.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress - Star
Project Name & Page Link: Christmas Wall Quilt
Brief Description: Quilting is one of my talents. It’s possibly the first craft I did much of, starting as a kid, because my mom was a quilter and gave me all her scraps to play with.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress - Tree Skirt
Project Name & Page Link: Christmas Candle Mat
Brief Description: My candle mat is both functional (keeps from burning my table when the candle burns down), and decorates the house for the holidays.
Project Picture:

6 Likes

Lynn, I’m so sorry for your loss!

3 Likes

Lynn, I’m so sorry to hear about Erin. She was so talented and bright. I’m sending you all my good thoughts. I’m so glad she had you.

4 Likes

@ErinAquaheart - Lynn, I am so sorry to hear this. Erin will be greatly misses. She was such a bright spot and immense talent.

5 Likes

Lynn, I’m so sorry for your loss. Erin was very creative and talented. I will miss seeing Teddy Cuddlestuff’s adventures.

4 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Book Club
House: Slytherin
Project Name & Page Link: Apple sauce pancakes with bacon and caramelised apples. Recipe
Brief Description: In order to celebrate autumn I decided to use something we have a lot of during the autumn, apples. I decided to make this for breakfast for my family, they loved it.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Herbology
House: Slytherin
Project Name & Page Link: Christmas letter
Brief Description: I want to start sending letters with a friend and decided to look for stationary, but I couldn’t find any I liked so I decided to make some myself. I also made the envelope before matching the art.
Project Picture:

6 Likes

@ErinAquaheart will be missed in our community! I didn’t know her really well, but I feel her loss, as I’m sure we all do. Lynn, thank you for keeping us in the loop during what is a very personal and difficult time.:broken_heart:

3 Likes

That is such sad news about @ErinAquaheart - I’m very sorry for your loss, Lynn. Erin’s art was so joyful and full of personality. Our community will miss her.

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress prompts - Angel
Project Name & Page Link: Emil’s birthday gift
Brief Description: Emil is my best friend, and a true Angel in my life. So as a last minute gift I knitted a little Pookie for him.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress prompts - Lights
Project Name & Page Link: Party frogs for my brother
Brief Description: My younger brother collect frogs (on my initiative :grin:) so I made him some art to hang on his wall, and I think it lighted up his holiday! (I got the inspiration from a drawing I found on pinterest)
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress prompts - Star
Project Name & Page Link: Little Monkey boy
Brief Description: Made a knitted monkey for a friend as a xmas gift. And I think knitting is my major craft/talent right now.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress prompts - Crafters choice
Project Name & Page Link: Frida the xmas llama
Brief Description: Participated in an amigurumi CAL this december, and we made a christmas llama, named Frida.
Project Picture:

5 Likes

Your yarn guys are all so cute!

1 Like

Thank you so much! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Class/Prompt: Headmistress’ Challenge - Bells
Project Links: Made using this recipe [link]
Description: Our family’s traditional christmas cookies are pizzelle. They look pretty (if you can plop the batter in the center of the iron), taste pretty great (not to sweet and not too strong as long as you don’t use Mrs. Fusco’s recipe where the anise clears your sinuses) and make the house smell marvelous. I got about 80 cookies out of this year’s batch.

Class/Prompt: Headmistress’ Challenge - Fake Snow
Project Name: Handcut Stickers
Brief Description: I’m making a cross between a bullet journal and a scrapbook for 2022 and I felt like it needed some doodled plants for decoration. I can’t draw worth a hill of beans so I bought a printable on etsy, and since I didn’t feel like dealing with my silhouette machine I cut them out by hand. It was a christmas gift for mysef.

7 Likes

A new Hermione’s Book Club has been posted!

4 Likes

:sparkles: :owl: :scroll: Note from the Headmistress…

Hello Friends! You may all have noticed that the last few Hermione’s Book Club prompts have been posted late. To be honest, with all that’s going on in my world, I’m finding it hard to keep up on such short-range prompts. And with the baby coming in April, I fear falling even further behind on these mini-prompts. So for that reason, I’m going to try switching the Book Club prompts to Monthly prompts. We’ll try this for a bit, and see if it works better for me. If it’s still very hard to keep up with, I may eliminate them for a while, until my life settles a bit. The rest of the Craftalong should remain exactly as it is. Thank you for understanding!

5 Likes

Happy New Year, Everyone! :partying_face:

2 Likes