CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Yule 2021/22

Amazing work!

The craftalong is off to a great start! I aim to be more active on here this term (the summer sort of got away from me) so I am planning to post things more as I make them than just think about doing it and reading all your posts then wandering off. Like ya dooo.

Class or Challenge Title: Alchemy
House: Slytherin
Project Name & Page Link: Crochet Snowflake Ornament
Brief Description: As mentioned in the prompt, crochet uses loops or rings to form the fabric. This was made for the ongoing ornament swap.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Herbology
Project Name & Page Link: Forsythia Muppet
Brief Description: Decorating the front of our house is a tradition for the first weekend in October. This year in addition to the giant spiderweb and spiders, grave yard, lights, and heads on spikes from years previous, I cracked myself up making big eyes for the Forsythia bush in front of our house. Like, seriously, it’s been up for 2 weeks and I still chuckle every time I go out there. That’s an antidote for the daily grind in my book! It was a simple project (which still took ages to color in!) but it has a big pay off.
Project Picture:

We also made wee ghosties for the not-quite-alive little tree opposite the Forsythia:

Class or Challenge Title: Detention: STASH
Project Name & Page Link: Knit hat
Brief Description: Our little friend with whom we schedule many an outdoor winter play date has a birthday coming up so in addition to her Frozen themed gifts I worked up a simple, wee hat from stash to keep her noggin warm during our “snow picnics” this winter.
Project Picture:

The color is brighter than this pic. Here it is in better light:

Class or Challenge Title: Detention: WiP
Project Name & Page Link: Star Baby Bunting
Brief Description: This is a wearable blanket for the new baby in the family that joins us on our Snow picnics due to arrive next month. The mom loves stars, the older child loved Twinkle the star from LBB music shows and, frankly, it cracks me up. I found several patterns free on-line that did versions of this but had a hard time with each pattern so I sort of mucked about frankensteining them. Mostly I think the ideas are from here.
Project Picture:

Modeled by “Gregory Bear” as it hasn’t been gifted yet.

8 Likes

LOL I love the muppet.

1 Like

Class Title: Apparition
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name & Page Link: Wanderlust Embroidery. I got the pattern from embroidery and sage on Etsy.
Brief Description: This project fits the prompt two-fold. I used a pattern to get the lines of this embroidery just right and it definitely represents one of my favorite destinations to visit - the mountains!
Project Picture:

Class Title: Care of Magical Creatures
Project Name & Page Link: Positive Affirmation Banner
Brief Description: I made this for the Positive Affirmation Swap. Though not perfect, this banner certainly helps to ward off negative emotions with its happy reminder to live in the moment.
Project Picture:

Class Title: Charms
Project Name & Page Link: Clothesline Necklace with Scrappy Bead
Brief Description: After taking @Magpie’s scrappy fabric bead making class, I knew I had to put my finished bead on a clothesline necklace for myself. This is something I’ve been meaning to do for a while. I also refined the stitching with an invisible stitch and glued on cord caps for a more professional overall look.
Project Picture:

Challenge Title: Detention: Advanced Studies
Project Name & Page Link: Close to You Shawl Progress
Brief Description: Thanks to the LC Shawl Along, I’ve made awesome progress on my Close to You Shawl!
Project Picture:

Before:

After many restarts and frogged rows, I’m currently here!

7 Likes

I love that prayer flag, did you cut/stencil the quote? And your shawl is going to be gorgeous!.

1 Like

Class: detention: advanced studies challenge
house: Ravenclaw.

I’ve put some work in on my Russian medieval garb. Did a lot of it today. I’ve almost finished the under-tunic. Although I think I’m going to go back in and zigzag all the seams, the fabric frays a lot! I’ve cut the collar for the main tunic, but that’s all got to be stitched down. And I’ve finished the headband.
Red under tunic. With lots of braid

Any tips for sewing straight wide braid onto a curved hem @MistressJennie ?

And this is the headband.

It will be worn over a closely fitted cap and a large light linen veil. This is all hand sewn with freshwater pearls added on to the braid.

10 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Divination
House: Slytherin :snake:
Project Name & Page Link: Pink Floral Container
Brief Description: This screw-top container is 3D-printed from wood PLA and painted with a flourish of florals.
Project Picture:

8 Likes

The quote was done with HTV cut with my cricut. Cheatery I know.

Your advanced studies is looking so awesome!! Love the headband!

I see by the site list it is your Cake Day, Happy Birthday, @tendstowardschaos :cupcake:

4 Likes

Thank you!

3 Likes

Happy birthday!

1 Like

Thank you!:relaxed:

Your shawl is looking fabulous! Great progress.

1 Like

Edel, great job on the medeival outfit progress. It is looking amazing!

That is a lot of lil’ painting detail. Great job.

1 Like

Thank you! I used my smallest brush for all of it. Those tiny flowers are so much fun.

Class or Challenge Title: The book club - chapter 8
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name & Page Link: Fiona Fladdermus (Fiona the Bat)
Brief Description: Tbh, I could have put almost any soft medium craft here, as I have grown to love many of them. But I chose the crochet this time, as it is one skill I learned on my own all those years ago, and it still warms my heart crocheting.
Project Picture:

7 Likes

I’m so used to your knitted animals the crochet was a surprise - but no less perfect. You’re a wizard in both!

1 Like

Aaww! Thank you! <3

1 Like

Class/Challenge: Book Club - Chapter 8
SPEW: Square by Square Project (local yarnworkers group)
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name: Yellow Blanket Squares
Brief Description: I love to crochet, so I made some blanket squares! (My local yarnworkers group collects squares, turns them into blankets, and then donates the blankets within the community.)
Project Picture:

2 Likes