CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Yule 2021/22

Fiona is darling!

1 Like

Great squares, and what a wonderful project.

1 Like

Class or Challenge Title: Alchemy
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name & Page Link: Ghost Earrings
Brief Description: These polymer clay ghost earrings incorporate rings in the findings and malleable polymer clay.

Class or Challenge Title: Book Club Ch. 8
SPEW: Yes for https://www.heartsknittogether.org/
Project Name & Page Link: Journals
Brief Description: One of my favorite craft mediums is paper. I crafted these 2 journals for a domestic womens abuse shelter, they use them in therapy.

Class or Challenge Title: COMC
Brief Description: a couple more journals to donate for therapy.

Class or Challenge Title: Iron Chef- Oct. Thailand
Project Name & Page Link: Thai Curry Noodle Soup

Brief Description: Tried a new recipe, it was delicious.

6 Likes

Mmmmm…that soup looks amazing!

A new Hermione’s Book Club prompt has been posted!

1 Like

:sparkles: :owl: :scroll: Note from the Headmistress…

A little later than I would have liked, but the Homework Planner is now up to date! I completed the master sheet a few weeks ago, but hadn’t gotten around to cutting & pasting it into everyone’s individual sheets. It has now been done. (And kudos to those who copied and pasted it themselves!)

2 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Alchemy
House: Slytherin
Project Name & Page Link: Handspun Noro Triangle Scarf (Pattern)
Brief Description: I crocheted this shawl in moss stitch with yarn I spun from two Noro rainbow rolls (giant rings of pencil roving). It’s even striped like Saturn’s rings with a pair of satellites (er, buttons).
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Detention - Stash Challenge
House: Slytherin
Project Name & Page Link: Lined Granny Square Tote Bag (Pattern)
Brief Description: This tote is all from stash yarn, and the lining was scraps of jersey knit from another project. And, it’s big enough to haul around the sweaters I’ve got on my to-do list as I work on them.
Project Picture:

5 Likes

Your scarf is incredible. :heartpulse:

1 Like

Thank you!

Class or Challenge Title: Divination
Brief Description: I crafted a couple morejournals for a domestic womens abuse shelter, they use them in therapy. These ones feature earthy colors and themes.

3 Likes

@tendstowardschaos I love the floral box, so cute!

@skrutt Fiona the bat is adorable - your softies have so much personality!

2 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Headmistress Challenge - October
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name & Page Link: Halloween Graveyard
Brief Description: This summer my husband and I replaced our front porch fence. After we removed all the old 1x6’s I decided they would be perfect to use for spooky headstones. So they sat in the back yard until October. I used either 2 or 3 boards next to each other and used old 1x2s to brace the backs and hold the pieces together. I then sanded some of the old paint off in places, and used a very watered down stain to add some dimension and “grimyness”. I finally added names (all the PCs who have lost their lives in my D&D games) and staked them into the yard.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Iron Hogwarts - Thai
House: Ravenclaw
Project Name & Page Link: Thai Basil Pork
Brief Description: I love Thai food, sadly there is not a good Thai restaurant within 45 minutes of my house; so I’ve had to learn to make my own. This is a delicious dish of ground pork and LOTS of thai basil. It’s sweet and sour and savory and just plain scrumptious. Plus adding a runny egg never hurt any dish!
Project Picture:

I am currently knee deep in costume sewing and have two half quilt tops in the works! So more projects soon!

I’m also getting ready to host a Crafternoon the beginning of November. I figured I’d throw a poll up to see if there was a weekend that more people preferred.

• Saturday, November 6
  • Sunday, November 7
  • Saturday, November 13
  • Sunday, November 14

0 voters

Please vote by October 29.

5 Likes

@FiberAlchemist, I love your graveyard! Be sure to post your Halloween Graveyard in it’s own thread AND enter it into the Halloween Home & Yard Decor Challenge!!! (Seriously, I’m running that one, and I’m worried we won’t have any entries. And your project is flippin’ awesome. LOL)

P.S. I voted for the first weekend option in your poll, because I’m teaching an Intro to (Small Batch) Canning class, here on LC, on the 13th. But go with whatever works best for the group!

And for those of you ho might be interested, here’s a link to the Canning Class thread.

1 Like

I can’t do a crafternoon weekend in November unfortunately. :slightly_frowning_face: But I will hopefully catch the next one!

1 Like

I can do any of the crafternoon options so not voting! But hopefully count me in

@Abbeeroad - can you delete my recently posted Advanced Studies proposal? Sorry to be a pain. I dunno, literally as soon as I stated to with on it went off the whole idea of the cardigan, didn’t like the design any more… and frankly, I get so little knitting time that I’m only willing to knit something I really love these days. I might come back to it, especially as I have all the yarn… but not for a good while I reckon

And thus…
ADVANCED STUDIES PROPOSAL ~
Project Name: Brioche Shawl/blanket
House: Huflepuff
Brief Description:
I’ve never knit a shawl before. I find really wear them. But I saw one I really liked at a yarn festival and so I’m going to make something similar and use it as like a small wrap/blanket … especially because it turns out the heating downstairs in my new house is RUBBISH.

The pattern is a Stephen West brioche pattern. I’ve done a tiny bit of brioche before but not much (like… the brim of a hat). So I’ll be slow going at first. Judging by the amount of yarn required it’s not far off the amount for a cardigan so similar timeframe. Hoping to be done end of Dec/early Jan, but this does seem terribly optimistic!

4 Likes

Fabulous way to upcycle your fence, love the headstones.

Class or Challenge Title: Book Club Ch. 9 Grim Defeat
Project Name & Page Link: Simplicity 1245 pattern
Brief Description: For this doll jacket I made a change to the original pattern. I combined 2 pattern views to create the final jacket.

7 Likes

Done! Can’t wait to see you brioche knitting!! I’d love to try it someday. Good luck!

I have a couple Advanced Studies updates myself!

~ COMPLETED ADVANCED STUDIES ~
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name: Close to You Shawl
Project Page Link: LC Shawl-along
Brief Description: (how it fits the requirements, pattern/techniques used, any fun tips, etc.) This ended up taking me quite a few starts and stops to get right. I even enlisted the help of the experts here in the LC Shawl-along to get me through. I made it in the end! I still have to block, but am calling it done. Phew!
Project Picture:

And that brings be to…

~ ADVANCED STUDIES PROPOSAL ~
Project Name: Wave Shawl
Project Page Link: Pattern.
Brief Description: This pattern alternates between areas of lace and areas of garter stitch. I’ve really only done edging design work up to this point. I’m hoping this isn’t too challenging, but also isn’t too boring. I started today and it’s fun so far:

I’m hoping to have it done by Xmas. Will probably be working on it for at least a month.

Challenge Title: Book Club Ch. 9 Grim Defeat
Project Name & Page Link: Slouchy Hat
Brief Description: I decided to make a hat for Mr. Road to help him with the seasonal shift to colder weather. I realized too late that I accidentally ordered the Malabrigo Worsted yarn vs. the Rios. The hat is too tight. I reordered the right yarn and might cast on 20 or so more stitches for the next attempt.
Project Picture:

7 Likes

Congrats on finishing your Advanced Studies project Abbee! It’s absolutely lovely! :heart:

1 Like