CLOSED: Harry Potter Craftalong - Yule 2021/22

What a gorgeous shawl Abbeeroad!

1 Like

Your shawl is beautiful, @Abbeeroad!

1 Like

Thanks guys! :blush:

Oooh @plaidpineapple I’m loving that doll jacket! So much structure and detail!

All the projects look so great! I have to get back on the posting wagon!

Class or Challenge Title: DADA
House: Hufflepuff
Project Name & Page Link: Made using this pattern
Brief Description: Itty bitty sweater knit with crochet thread on size 000 needles. I think that counts as miniature. (Also, why did they stop making Aunt Lydia’s Bamboo Crochet Thread? That stuff drapes really well)

5 Likes

Class; CoMC
House; hufflepuff
Project; lip balms

I’ve never made lipbalm before and tbh i was a bit dubious how well the twisty tubes would work when I was given this kit. But they are great! I’m considering making lipbalms for Christmas gifts now.
As well as soothing my lips, this lip balm will sooth my soul as I put together a blend of essential oils which all remind me of my husband. Blending and mixing them before adding to the balm was in itself conforming, so I’m sure carrying them around and using them will be too

8 Likes

Class or Challenge Title: Apparition
House: Gryffindor!
Project Name & Page Link: Retro Rainbow Baby Cardigan
Brief Description: Friends, I’ve got a secret that I’ve been keeping for a while, that I think I’m finally ready to share. After 5 miscarriages in 6 years, and after 20 months of fertility treatment, I’m pregnant. 17 weeks to be exact. We’re expecting a little girl in April. (My husband has started calling her Abigail Godzilla.) Now that we’ve past the first trimester, and this one seems to be actually happening, I finally feel like I can let myself dream about, and plan for, and craft for, my future little one. So I’ve done some stash busting to make her a retro style rainbow sweater. Sadly it came out way too big for a newborn, but hopefully will fit her next winter. The pattern is the Essential Baby Cardigan.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Book Club Ch 9
Project Name & Page Link: Berry Baby Cardigan
Brief Description: After my size failure with the first cardigan, I tried again with a smaller hook. This one came out a better size, though I still think it looks pretty big for a newborn. All the yarn was more stash busting.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: CoMC
Project Name & Page Link: Candy Treat Bags
Brief Description: I don’t want to actually open the door to trick or treaters this year, even masked, as I’m extra worried about getting sick now. So I’m going to do what I did last year, and put a table on our front steps, decorated for the holiday, with treat bags for the kids to take. I’ll put out a few at a time, until all 50 are gone. Each has 4-5 pieces of candy in them, so hopefully it will keep the hoards happy.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Divination
Project Name & Page Link: Jalapeno Pepper Jelly
Brief Description: I’m teaching an Intro to Small Batch Canning Class here on LC next month, so I decided to do test batches of a few recipes that I was trying to decide between. Once I made this one, I remembered that while the book says it makes 5 jars, it actually makes more like 7-8. Not really a small batch! Since I didn’t have enough jars prepped, so 4 got processed, and the rest went fresh to neighbors to be eaten right away.
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Herbology
Project Name & Page Link: Strawberry Balsamic & Black Pepper Jam
Brief Description: This recipe worked out perfectly as expected, so it’s the one we’ll be making in my class. It made 4 jars, one of which Godzilla has decided I needed to eat as PB&J sandwiches every day last week. (Note, I never eat jelly on peanut butter sandwiches. This kid clearly has opinions already.)
Project Picture:

Class or Challenge Title: Muggle Studies
Project Name & Page Link: Rainbow Granny Square Afghan
Brief Description: Another stash busting baby project. I used up a ton of my Caron Simply Soft stash yarn, including 4 partial skeins that had been in my stash since making pinkleo an afghan in 2012. It was done holding 2 strands of yarn together, to help achieve the ombre/spectrum color effect.
Project Picture:

A final note about this whole being pregnant thing: I debated long and hard about sharing the fact, in case anyone else is struggling with infertility. It can be very difficult to hear everyone else’s good news, when you’re feeling so hopeless yourself. Even when truly happy for others, it can still feel like a kick to the gut to hear about friend’s new babies. If you are struggling with infertility, and need a friend, please reach out. I had some truly wonderful friends who let me lean on them, including one person who has been my IVF coach, that I couldn’t have done this without. If you need someone, I’m happy to be here for you too. :heart: :orange_heart: :yellow_heart: :green_heart: :blue_heart: :purple_heart:

13 Likes

Ah! This post makes me insanely happy!! Congratulations to you and Jim. I can’t think of anyone more deserving. Abigail Godzilla is one lucky little one. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Congratulations Jennie and Jim! I could not be more happy for you both.

1 Like

Congrats! That is great news! :smiley:

And so much nice things you have done! Very curious about the jalapeno pepper jelly! :o Never heard of before, but I feel a need to make it now!
And that jam looks (and sounds) delicious!
Great work with all the crochet too.
And a smart idea with the candy!

1 Like

Congratulations! :heart:

1 Like

Congratulations, @MistressJennie ! :heart: That is going to be one colorful baby with all the cozy things you’re making her

1 Like

Congratulations @MistressJennie, you so deserve it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congratulations! That is insanely happy news!!!

1 Like

Oh my god Jennie, I just want to keep liking your post about 9 million times to express my joy for you

1 Like

@MistressJennie I’m so happy that you are finally about to share your joy with everyone…xx when is Godzilla due to put in an appearance?

@Abbeeroad that shawl is fabulous!!
@Noodle oohh I like the look of that lipbalm kit

1 Like

Godzilla is expected to begin her rampage of Nashville at the beginning of April. :t_rex:

1 Like

Excellent, it’s a great excuse for me to buy some baby clothes. :grin:

2 Likes

Challenge Title: Headmistress Challenge: October
LC Contest: Halloween Costume Entry
Project Name & Page Link: Jack-o’-lantern Head Costume
Brief Description: This is my son’s Halloween costume this year! I used this video tutorial/template.
Project Picture:

Challenge Title: Iron Chef: Thailand
Project Name & Page Link: Thai Green Curry (modified from this recipe)
Brief Description: I couldn’t find Thai yellow curry paste, so this turned into green curry, but is was still absolutely delicious!
Project Picture:

3 Likes

Challenge Title: Headmistress Challenge: October
Project Name & Page Link: Autumn Zany Print Dress
Brief Description: There’s something vaguely Halloween but certainly autumnal about this print.

Challenge Title: Book Club Chapter 9
Project Name & Page Link: Pink Pajamas
Brief Description: Modifying the same pattern I used for my Astronomy assignment. I shortened the top and made it fuller. Also made the bloomers even shorter and poofier than before and sewed an elastic waist instead of the gathered waistband used in the original pattern.

2 Likes