Help! I need to organize my craft room!

Those are what I was originally going for but they were out of stock! Had to make do because I was impatient and wanted my room done NOW

1 Like

That would be cute and functional, too!! Love it. :two_hearts:

1 Like

I have had a peg board in my craft room for almost 15 years (different spaces same peg board) I added a second to my newest craft room last year and both are full but really functional!!! I like certain stuff out an don display so I’m not hunting through drawers and bins to locate a supply, so it really helps with little odds and ends. If you have wall space I highly suggest one!

3 Likes

The beginning of the organization process!
I have more shelves being delivered on Saturday, so I’ve sort of reached a pausing point.
Thanks to @bethntim for the ikea desk idea! I went and picked that up today, along with the drawer set.
@EriChanHime I looked at my rotary mat again, it DOES have a (stupidly tiny) hole to hang it. So I busted out my drill bit and made that hole a little bigger and hung it up!
I also was able to hang up crafty gifts from my bestie and my stepmom, along with a rodeo badge holder my dad made for me when I was volunteering as a committeeman at Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo.

5 Likes

Great progress!

1 Like

That’s brilliant! I’m glad there was a way to hang it that was easily modified. Your crafting space is looking amazing so far!

1 Like

I am a frugal GENIUS.
So, I did a hogwarts diamond painting, and I’m a Gryffindor.
The picture is something weird like 10”x14”, but the whole canvas is 12”x16”.
“Custom” framing mats are expensive (cheapest I found was $15!!).
I also have red duck tape left over from a diabolical gift wrap…
enter one of those “ah ha!” moments, and you get a custom framing mat, for free, and you have to be really looking for discrepancies to know that I used duck tape as a border mat in the frame

I am a frugal GENIUS.
And I’m gonna do it again for the sunflower diamond painting I’m making for my sister.

9 Likes

Update! I’m getting shelves put up, hubs is going to put shelves up near the ceiling so I can put my mini tea sets out on display again. (That way my cats don’t have any way of getting up to those shelves to knock all my stuff off. I’ve also put up more finished projects, misc geek stuff, my thread organizer, and a Doctor Who picture I was gifted by my bestie.
My sewing machine and Cricut are not pictured because I still need my cube shelves to get delivered so I can put all my crafty supplies away! But I’m getting there!

8 Likes

Your rom is really coming together. It must feel so good!

1 Like

The duct tape WAS a stroke of genius!

1 Like

very nice!!
and the framing hack is impressive!

1 Like

I got my shelves all put together!!! Now to fill them!

9 Likes

Those shelves are awesome! Have fun filling them!

Are those magazine boxes laid sideways? What a great idea. What fun you will have filling…and likey over filling them. I find that after you find a spot for everything it soon gets over stuffed with even more stuff.

2 Likes

I agree! I never thought of doing that with magazine boxes…a new way to store them! I can’t wait to try it in my craft space

I want a zoom meeting where different craft rooms are featured! My craft room is total chaos and I need inspiration. But I’m having trouble understanding how everyone’s rooms work from these snapshots. Just an idea.

1 Like

Would a panoramic pic help?

1 Like

This is my craft room/cat room, it’s still a work in progress, I still have two boxes to unload and organize, as well as my box of collectible tea sets (these will be put up on shelves near the ceiling so the cats can’t get to them) and my box of in-progress projects.

7 Likes

Yaaaas! Thanks!

1 Like

Major room envy! Looks great!