Herringbone Top Side Table

Thank you for your honesty about unfinished products. I feel that pain as well. There are several knitting projects that was meant for my son when he was a baby, but now he’s seven so… grandchildren, I guess :laughing: But, wow, to create an entirely new piece of furniture is so awesome. Can I have you come over and teach me how to preserve my dad’s old 4H trunk? :grin:

1 Like

Insane! Love this.

2 Likes

It’s not as hard as you think. :slightly_smiling_face: I cleaned the drawers thoroughly with Simple Green and gave any particularly rough areas a little treatment with a scotch pad to smooth it out. Once the surface was fully prepared I applied a couple of coats of wax to seal the metal. You could use a aerosol sealer in a matte or even gloss finish depending on your preference. I chose the wax because I wanted to have a little more control over the end result. With wax I could still build it up and buff it further if I wanted more shine. I’m happy to have a fairly dull finish on mine. If I expected it to be handled more I would have gone with a more durable finish.

1 Like

Wow! That looks great!

1 Like

Congrats! Your Herringbone Top Side Table is one of this week’s featured projects. You rock!

1 Like

Oh wow! Thanks for featuring my table! :heart:

That is phenomenal work! I’m glad you finished it AND shared it.

I can relate to starting and then leaving projects. I have a habit of getting about 80% of something done and then abandoning it for something else for no good reason. Ugh.

1 Like

I’m definitely guilty of that! I think there’s power in admitting our flaws though and sometimes just accepting them for what they are.

1 Like

Yep, true. And I think it helps having a place like this with other people who get it and who can motivate us!

1 Like

That is SOOO gorgeous and totally my style!
Really love what you did with it!
And I totally understand the ‘leaving it for a long time before coming back to it’ !

1 Like

Absolutely! We are lucky to have this little home online to share :heart:

1 Like

That is such a stylish piece of furniture! Wow!!

1 Like

Bravo! I love your new table.

1 Like

If you had a twin…I would be it! :wink: …she says, admiring your tenacity AND honesty!

1 Like

Twinsies! I love finding like minded people! And there are tons of awesome, incredible, talented people here on Lettuce Craft :leafy_green::heart:

…and I know I will enjoy see all the magic to come!.

1 Like