Hook, Line & Sinker; Felted Necklace

Guess it doesn’t show very well but that is a hook snagging the sinker line. :wink:

12 Likes

As a Pisces, I am really in love with this one!! The color and concept are wonderful…you are also quite prolific! How many do you make in a month?

2 Likes

This is truly clever!

2 Likes

I have no idea how many I make within any time frame except the current day. I don’t keep track. I just keep working.

I did make another fish, one that I think is better than this one. https://forum.lettucecraft.com/uploads/db2588/original/2X/d/dd2be54867b4f5046d878ba774217cc5a4c5ebd3.jpeg
The original thought in my head was a whole necklace of fish which still might be worth doing providing I refine the process to produce better fish in a shorter amount of time. I do know some short cuts that I haven’t utilized on the fish so far. I may make another necklace similar to this or I may make a school. :wink:

I am running dangerously low on one of the colors used, but that’s never stopped me before. I’ve always been good at mixing colors! :wink:

1 Like

That is so neat!

I thought using the veggie netting was great! It looks so much like scales with texture as well…great job!

2 Likes

Hahaha! Clever!

1 Like

Very cool concept! I am in love with the pod colors on this one.

1 Like

This pod went through some serious “this isn’t working” stages before I finally liked it! The rust color is embroidery floss and really adds a nice contrast! I made the pod 3 sided during the wet felting and elongated it a bit from the core pod at the start.
I’m always pleased when I continue to work on a piece and have it come out a lot nicer than I thought when I was tempted to just put it aside or cover it with core fiber and start over.

1 Like

Fun and imaginative design!

1 Like

Heh, that’s really fun!

1 Like

Version 2 with better fish (but not a significantly better photo)

2 Likes

Ohh, I really, really like this fish!

1 Like