Hunter X Hunter hoodie

My daughter asked me to put something cool on her hoodie. So I tried to stitch out this design, it failed and I had to rip it out. Rippling out embroidery designs is not fun. So I tried again and had issues again, ripped it out again. At this point things weren’t looking good, there was a few tiny holes and the end goal was also to remove all the “champion” stitches that were behind the design. So finally I decided to try a patch. Of course it stitched out perfectly first try. But there was still some of the words showing and some funky looking places around the edges where the old stitch outs were (2nd pic)
So I used some fabric dye spray cans I had bought a long time ago and did a splattered spray look with a metallicy grey and a dark blue. It ended up coming together really well and thankfully my daughter loves it.

12 Likes

I LOVE THIS!! Where did you get the embroidery!!! this is a great show… I keep hoping there will be more.

1 Like

Thank you. The show is my daughter’s favorite, she keeps hoping for a comeback too and I digitized the design. :blush:

1 Like

Very nice save, mom!

1 Like

:heart_eyes: that is AWESOME! I have such a hard time with the software I have. I might DM you for pointers!!

1 Like

Sure, although it’s very software based. I have Hatch, so I might not be able to help with different software🥲

cool - I have the Pfaff 5D suite and it makes my head to no end…

1 Like

A friend of mine had that and she switched to Hatch. It’s just so much simpler

1 Like

What a great fix! I think it looks better with the background than without it which is the best kind of fix. :heart:

1 Like

Thank you, you always feel a bit nervous before you randomly spray paint something with fabric dye😅

2 Likes

This turned out fantastic! I know nothing about this show and I still love the shirt!

1 Like

Creative and wonderful fix. I like the splatter a lot.

2 Likes

What a great one of a kind creation! The paint spatter is the perfect finishing touch!

1 Like