Ideas for sealing a cheap noodle machine?

Since I used buttered bread dough on this, I now need to open it up and clean it out good instead of a light wiping. So, checking to see if anyone might have any ideas of sealing the rollers as they do a good job of messing the dough up (discoloration and ripping and tearing the edges. Though, I think I did get rid of the discoloration the last time I used it).

Did you ever figure this out?
Only idea I had was to have one machine for tidy dough and another for messy dough that you take apart and wash each time.

I bet there are expensive machines that come apart easily. I’d probably give up on the messy dough all together. I’m lazy AND cheap. Er, I’m indolent and frugal. No, wait, relaxed and …

Unfortunately, nope. Nary an ideary. Well, I did have one idea that I was curious about. Putting nylon washers on each side, and slowing tighten the unit up while cranking the handle (to eat up the washers until there would be a tight fit).

As for expensive easy machines…There’s something called a sheeter that I’ve been dreaming about. Not only could I roll noodles, I could roll strombolis, pizza crusts, lots of goodies. Then again, I haven’t felt up to cooking too much for a few months now, though. :cry: I’ve been in too much pain…WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! I miss good food. HAH!

i’m super curious about what you were making with buttered bread dough in your pasta machine…unless thats what you were making…lol

if its a cheapo roller, i would just dust/dry brush all the dried bits off and throw the whole thing in water to soak. maybe run a thin green (or whatever colour they are where you are) scrubber through the noodle cutters…but i have no clue how to seal it.