If at first you don't succeed

It turns out there are many ways to end that saying! Here’s one of them.

The main pattern was designed by a group called Steotch for their annual international mystery ‘steotchalong’. There were over a dozen options for endings, but I went with one created by another participant. And I have since gifted it to a friend who is big into DnD too.

In the framing I used matting board with pages from T. H. White’s “Once and Future King” mod podged on, because it felt thematic.

Anyone interested in participating in a hilarious stitching party should join next year! A different steotchalong was actually my first time cross-stitching, so it’s not too hard to follow!

25 Likes

Your stitching is wonderful, and I love what you did with the mat board!

2 Likes

I love this stitch! Such a cool concept, too. I’m going to check out the link.

Your stitching is perfect and the display just elevates it. All around awesome.

2 Likes

Very cool project!!

And this Steotchalong seems like a really fun concept.

2 Likes

It really is a lot of fun! People get into teams and there are group challenges, like photo scavenger hunts, inventing thematic cookie recipes, and showing off your work along the way. Last year I had to get a selfie with my WIP by a statue of a woman (I found a Sojourner Truth statue), and another photo doing a ‘sport’ (I was playing badminton).

4 Likes

This made me chuckle! That should be brought out into the table by the Dungeonmaster for a really terrible roll.

3 Likes

Love the bright colors for a fun, sad, true quote! Sounds like you had loads of fun and made something lovely along the way!

2 Likes

:star: :star: :star: Your amazing craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! Congratulations! :star: :star: :star:

2 Likes

The stitching and color are sublime, but that matting board really takes it up a notch! What a cool idea and the fact that it’s off white really compliments the fabric and color choices.

2 Likes

That’s a lot of stitches! Turned out super cool! Love all the fonts and how sweet it looks and how it has the hidden little dice in there.

2 Likes

This is so fab! Great stitching!

2 Likes

Omg were you in my team? One of the lurker teams :face_in_clouds:. I swear someone in my team was doing a finish like this one! I’m so glad to see it done!

2 Likes

I was in team Volcano Queens. :smile:

1 Like

This is so cool! And so true! Love your stitching, and the way you framed it up.

2 Likes