Imperial Bohemian Quilt

I FINE-UH-LEE finished my summer quilt (it was supposed to have been done before it got hot out.)

It’s my 6th quilt , the first time I used rulers, and my first bed sized quilt.

I call it Imperial Bohemian. Just pulled it out of the dryer and put it on my bed. I am now doing the “Finally Finished the Freaking Quilt!” dance around my bedroom.

It was a long slog. It’s not even close to being perfect (I’ve GOT to work on my quilt backs!!!) but it’s it good enough. I learned a lot in the process.

I really love how the green borders, with the FMQ turned out. I used a new Westalee ruler to do it.

Whew!

Now, on to the next project - not a quilt this time, I’m making handbags for a local charity.

24 Likes

Congrats on completing the quilt! Would love to see a pic of it! :slight_smile:

Beautiful job!

1 Like

Thank you/ My pictures didn’t go through the first time, for whatever reason, so I redid the post.

Thank you

Beautiful and well-named. :wink: That stenciled free motion quilting is amazing!!

1 Like

So beautiful! Love the green border!

1 Like

Wow! Nicely done. You should do a happy dance over this. It’s amazing. And Kudos for completing it. I have a quilting project that I am sure will end up being 12 years long at this point. Ha!

1 Like

Very nice! (I have cough several large quilt projects in various states of incompletion, but thus far have only finished lap & baby sized ones. Yay you!)

1 Like

Well done! I am in the camp of getting it done is more important than being “perfect”…it is functional, lovely, and has let you move on to the next one!

1 Like

Nice job!
I’ve made a couple of quilts, but 9" squares go pretty quick.

2 Likes

Oh my goodness; that’s stunning! Love all the colors!

1 Like

It looks like a real labor of love!
So pretty!

1 Like

OOOh, that turned out really nice!

1 Like

:tada: Congrats! This crafty goodness is one of this week’s featured projects! :tada:

1 Like

Beautiful! And congrats on the Feature!

1 Like

Thank you

This turned out great!

1 Like

I love this. Really like the strip piece motif.

1 Like