In Daddy's Hands

So when my second daughter was born last December, she had sever RSV. We ended up spending Christmas in the hospital.

It was a tough time to say the least, but through it all my love for that sweet little one was strengthened far deeper and quicker that it could be been had I not needed so spend every second with her.

I took a picture of her little footprint and then of my hands. Then I created this special illustration to use as my background on my phone. To me it commemorates the strength of that little girl and emulates how I feel about her as her father.

Then I made one in blue.

19 Likes

This is so special, especially because you used her actual footprint and your hands. I can’t imagine how stressful that must have been, I hope your daughter is doing well now!

3 Likes

Just lovely

1 Like

What a powerful image. I am sure she felt every inch of that love from you.

1 Like

This is wonderful.

1 Like

This is love.

1 Like

Sweet story and a super sweet image.

2 Likes

Aw, Cason! That’s the sweetest!

1 Like

Thanks!

This is adorable, sweet, loving, amazing, sentimental… I can’t pick one word to describe how it makes me feel. Such a beautiful idea and execution is spot on. I love that tiny foot print!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Wow, thank you so much! I’m glad you said this because it kind of describes how I felt while making it. No words can describe how you feel for such a sweet little one!

5 Likes

the best!

1 Like

Ah, this is breathtaking in its simplicity and beauty – both in the art and in the overwhelming love it conveys. I hope your baby girl is strong and healthy now. :heart: Thanks for sharing such a personal piece with us.

2 Likes