Invite Your Partner 2023 swap, Sign up Jan 14 – Feb 4, SEND OUT EXTENDED TO MAR 25

Invite Your Partner 2023

GALLERY!

Let’s dance!!

Welcome to the Invite Your Partner Swap 2023. This swap is one that is tailormade for you, even down to your choice of partner! For this swap, you can invite a Lettuce Craft member to swap with you, or you can put your name on a list of members looking for a partner.

The swap requirements are up to you and your partner to decide. You can make the swap as big or as small as you like – anything from an ATC to an astrolabe constructed entirely of matchsticks. Just make sure you discuss the time and cost commitments with your partner.

Links to previous round:
IYP Swap 2021
IYP Swap 2021 Amazing Gallery!!

Some ideas for your swap could be:

• one fabulous large item
  • one tiny thing
  • a favourite theme, colour, or fandom
  • fill a shoebox
  • just three things
  • follow the guidelines of another swap

You are allowed to have two partners in this swap if you want to.

Communication is key in this swap. We have a long crafting time, and we’re swapping with people we like and admire. Please make sure you can follow through on your commitments, and keep in touch with your partner and the organizer if there are any problems. There will be weekly check in questions in the discussion.

It can be scary to ask someone to swap, but I hope you will give it a go! Think about how you’d feel if someone asked you – you’d be thrilled, right? Of course, sometimes time demands or postage costs mean that someone can’t commit to a swap right now, so please don’t take it to heart if you get a no. Ask someone else - there’s a bunch of wonderful lettuce heads who’d love to dance with you!

SWAP DETAILS

Swap name: Invite Your Partner 2023
Lettuce Craft member who is organizing this swap: jemimah
Sign-up date range: 14 January 2023 – 4 February 2023
Send out date: 18 March 2023 - send out extended to 25 March 2023
Limited to a certain number of people? no

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? no

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:

Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:

Has been a member for at least one month: YES/NO
Has posted at least 15 times: YES/NO
Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES/NO
Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES/NO
Does not have any negative feedback: YES/NO

Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES/NO

Has posted a comment in this thread and will check regularly for swap updates YES/NO
If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES/NO
If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES/NO

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER
Name of Swap: Invite Your Partner 2023
Lettuce Craft Username:
Email Address:
Your Real Name:
Mailing Address Including Country:

Who is your partner?

Confirm that are at least 16 years old: YES / NO
Do you understand that you should post at least once a week in the discussion thread and answer the check in question? YES / NO
Do you understand that if shipping within the US you must use tracking numbers? YES / NO
Do you understand that if shipping internationally, you must provide a photograph/digital image of the receipt as proof of sending? YES / NO
Do you have any allergies or intolerances? YES / NO
Do you have any pets or allergens in your home or workspace? YES / NO

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO JEMIMAH VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

IF YOU’RE LOOKING FOR A PARTNER

If you’d like to join in, but you haven’t asked anyone yet, you can be on the list of swappers looking for a partner. PM @jemimah and I’ll add you to the list. You can just put your name down – I’m sure someone will be thrilled to swap with you! If you’d like to, you can be a bit more specific about crafts you’d like to swap (keep it brief). e.g. – “@jemimah would love to swap with someone who could crochet silk mittens for her velociraptor. She could weave a model Millenium Falcon for you from bamboo and moonbeams.”

Don’t send your questionnaire to me until you have decided on your partner. Once I have received forms from both partners, I’ll update the participant list.

5 Likes

:star: Looking for a partner :star:

Just PM me if you’d like to be added to the list.

:blossom: Participants :blossom:

@photojenn - @jemimah
@Juju - @irid3sc3nt
@MightyMitochondria - @mel
@MightyMitochondria - @jemimah
@geekgirl - @Kwality570
@Reinikka - @megwell
@gozer - @curiousfae
@Abbeeroad - @endymion

6 Likes

I sent in my Q!

3 Likes

Just sent my Q!

3 Likes

Woohoo! Sent my Q in too!

2 Likes

i would love to play…if there’s anyone willing to send to canada and receive something most likely knit!!

*ETA - a partner found me…@MightyMitochondria and i are going to swap!!

5 Likes

Yay!! Signups are coming in already :smile:

Just a quick earburn for people who posted in the new swap ideas thread, and participants in the last round:

@Bunny1kenobi @Abbeeroad @Myrthena @Kwality570 @gozer @Magpie @irid3sc3nt @Lynx @Reinikka @Whistlefish @TheMistressT @AuFish @PrincessP @anna.wahnsinn @artsycandice @thanate @bethntim @kittykill @audity @RagingSloth @tendstowardschaos @mel

1 Like

I should also just note that I live in Australia these days, so I’m on Lettuce at weird hours :smile: :kangaroo: :koala:

Also, if anyone is reading this and wants to join in, but isn’t sure about anything (especially if you’re new or newish to swapping here), please feel free to message me with any questions. It’s a really fun swap, and you can keep it very small and low pressure if that suits you.

1 Like

@geekgirl and I will be dancing together this round!

3 Likes

I miiiiight be up for swapping if someone is very specific on what they want from me :sweat_smile: I don’t want the anxiety of hoping I make the right thing :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I’m also feeling only half creative lately so that might not help :woman_shrugging: But I’m open to being invited as long as there is no offence taken if I decline… :heart: :heart: :heart:

6 Likes

(My real life is super overwhelming right now, so not signing up unless someone particularly wants to ping me about something) But hope everyone else has a grand time! :green_heart:

2 Likes

@jemimah If people decided to swap small, flat items like ATCs, would they need to find a way to bulk up the package for a DC? Or could they switch to papercraft rules? Asking for a friend . . .

4 Likes

It’s me! I’m the friend :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smile: @megwell and I are currently in negotiations for this swap :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I would like to try this and have signed up

3 Likes

@megwell and @Reinikka that is a good question! I think in this case the papercraft rules will apply - a DC isn’t required, but you’re expected to resend if the envelope goes astray.

4 Likes

Hope things settle down to a managable level for you soon @thanate!

3 Likes

How’s everyone getting on with the chatting and negotiating? Is there anyone who wants to be added to the looking for a partner list at this stage?

4 Likes

I am super excited about my partners! I have things all squared away for @jemimah and I am in the planning stages for @mel. I just ordered a really pretty supply and I can hardly wait for it to arrive so I can get crafting. :heart_eyes::thread::sewing_needle:

3 Likes

So incredibly speedy!! I can’t wait to see what you created :smile: My plans have been bubbling and brewing away, and I’m going to get in some solid crafting time this weekend.

3 Likes

I have a few ideas, but nothing solid yet.

5 Likes