Invite Your Partner 2023 swap, Sign up Jan 14 – Feb 4, SEND OUT EXTENDED TO MAR 25

You def don’t seem 60, heh!

My oldest sister turned 50 last year and she seems like she’s in her early 40s.

6 Likes

Thank you!!:hugs:

4 Likes

Happy milestone birthdays to you all!! I’m turning 53 this year and life is good :frog: there’s always lots of learning and growing to do (I feel like that never stops).

8 Likes

yes. the babies grow. its nice to remember them as they were and be excited for where they will go!!

1 Like

Hi everyone! Sorry I’m a bit late with the check in question this week, it’s been really busy. I hope you’re all doing well and having lots of fun creating :smiley_cat:

Third check in question
What’s the last movie you saw in a cinema?

I was trying to remember the last time we watched a movie not at home - it’s been a while! I think it was Godzilla vs. Kong :t_rex: :gorilla:

4 Likes

Oh, and please remember to bookmark and check out the gallery! We have our first pictures of all the fabulous things :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

It’s been so long that I don’t actually know :thinking:. It has to have been almost 10 years since I’ve been in a movie theatre.

Since that’s a boring answer, I’ll improv my own question :slight_smile: The last time I had popcorn at a venue was when we went to Cirque du Soleil “O” while in Vegas for our friends wedding. We were so close to the stage that the performers came out over top of us during part of the show and was so crazy!

5 Likes

I think it was Encanto :heart: We had already watched it a lot on Disney+ when it was released to theaters so we went as a family since the little guy really loved it. It was even more fun because we were the only people in the theater at the time! The kiddo was spoiled running around trying different seats and dancing in front of the giant screen :laughing:

4 Likes

I think the last movie I saw in the theater was Jaws in 3D which was AWESOME. I think that may have been in October last year.

I’m accumulating things for the swap. I’m ready to start crafting one item. Or multiples of the same item? :thinking:

4 Likes

Really don’t remember the last movie I saw at the theater. Maybe Jungle Cruise? Was on vacation and went with a friend. Enjoyed it more than expected. Feel like I saw another movie more recently with my son, but can’t recall what it was…

The last time I had popcorn in public was August, 2022 at a Stranger Things - themed event orchestrated by an area library. Also surprisingly enjoyable.

3 Likes

I love going to the theater! My cousin and i go all the time. Actually, i am headed there in about an hour to see the 3rd Ant-Man movie, but the last one I saw was M3gan a couple weeks ago. It was campy fun. Also, we go to this new theater that serves delicious food and has super comfy recliners.

4 Likes

We went to see Super Pets!! I only eat popcorn at the movies, lol. I don’t love it, but when you put it in front of me in a dark room it just disappears… :thinking:

We are anxiously awaiting the release of the new Super Mario Bros movie in April! That will probably be the next one we see in the theater.

4 Likes

We rewatched the first one a few years ago, it was even worse than I remembered :joy: I didn’t know they were coming out with a new one, will have to check it out!

4 Likes

LOL…oh man that one is a classic.

The new one is animated. Chris Pratt has gotten some flack for Mario’s accent, but I love him anyway. I hope it’s great. :crossed_fingers:

Oh - ETA - we did watch some of the old animated “Super Mario World” cartoons on Netflix a while ago. It was the era of cartoons interspersed with live action scenes from the 80s. It didn’t really hold up, but the nostalgia was strong. :laughing:

4 Likes

The last first-run movie I saw in the theater was either The Post or Holmes and Watson, whichever came out later. I did see White Christmas at a cool old historic theater in December.

3 Likes

Last time I went to the movies was in the Before Times. It was probably a marvel movie

I like movie theater popcorn but it usually gives me a headache

2 Likes

The last movie i saw was with my hubby and it was “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them”. Great movie and the first movie we had seen together in a theatre. And haven’t been back to one since. We usually now just buy the movies we want to see and watch them at home.

3 Likes

It’s not an Alamo Drafthouse is it? I know other movie theaters are doing similar things, too. I’ll have to see if there’s anything my son would like to see. They often bring out stuff for kids to see on Saturday mornings. We went to a cereal party there once and it was great fun, but I doubt they are doing it the same way.

2 Likes

It’s a Cinema Cafe. We usually go around noon so we can grab lunch. The food is great and it’s not overpriced. Also, on Wednesdays they have $3.50 tickets. Sometimes we will meet after work.

2 Likes

the last movie i saw in theatre was last summer: topgun. only because the husbeast was DYING to see it and we hadnt been to the movies since BEFORE. (i do not enjoy going to the movies all that much to begin with) but the a/c in the truck wasnt working all that well and it was so flipping hot so i went in…mostly for the air and popcorn…the popcorn was cold and disappointing. ah well.

3 Likes