Japanese Knot Bags

I fell in love with @MightyMitochondria 's beautiful Japanese Knot Bags, so I made one for me and 2 as presents, using the pattern from Indigo Bird.

(Lewis and Irene Water Meadow, lined with a Moda print)

Both Makower outer fabrics, lined with misc stash fabrics.

23 Likes

These are GORGEOUS! You chose fantastic fabrics. I especially love the parrot fabric and the first bag with red + signs on the inside and wildlife on the outside. I would carry them everywhere. Well done!

1 Like

I love these…they are so handy…I made a small one for carrying my sock knitting stuff…looks like everywhere you go these days, you will be standing in a line for some time…

I love the coordinating prints you picked!

1 Like

Also, thanks for sharing the pattern link. I am very interested in her gusset variation tutorial and the optional inside pocket.

1 Like

I love Japanese knot bags. These look great. Love your fabric choices

2 Likes

These look so nice! I love your fabric choices!!

1 Like

I love the look of these.

1 Like

These are so wonderful! Can a bag be relaxing? The material is so serene to me.

2 Likes

Great fabrics!! These came out perfect!

I’ve never tried this style of bag for a knitting project bag, but I think they would be great. You are a wizard at picking out fabrics. I love each and every one of these combinations, especially the first one. :slight_smile:

Congrats! Your Japanese Knot Bags are one of this week’s featured projects. You are awesome!

1 Like

Ah thank you @kittykill :heart_eyes_cat:

And thanks everyone for the compliments on the fabric choices. I got the wildlife one, red crosses, cockatoos, and blue cats at the quilt shop which was my first shopping trip after 4 months in lockdown. I saw the otters and fell in love, but it took a bit to find a good complimentary fabric.

This is a close up of the blue print, it’s really cute.

2 Likes

I simply love these! And speaking of simple, that is one wonderful feature as to how they look. Basic, not screaming in your face. Beautifully made. Congrats!!

1 Like

These are gorgeous! Beautiful work!

1 Like

They look fun! For some reason the prints reminded me of Jane Sassaman’s prairie gothic series.

1 Like