Joy on 4x6 inch paper

I was going to commit to 12 tags for the year but then tags felt just a smidge too small, so I decided to make 4x6 pieces which I can then bind or incorporate into a book. Of course I forgot to take progress pics, and the gel mat medium is still wet holding on the word, but here is the January page, theme “Joy”. My other themes will be love, patience, grace, gratitude, hope, mindful, abundance, peace, empathy, connection, and spirit.

19 Likes

I love this overarching project idea. Great execution on this first one.

1 Like

This is beautiful!

1 Like

I love it. The colours really speak to me and your composition is really effective and balanced.

1 Like

So, so beautiful! Cannot wait to see the rest of the series.

1 Like

So wonderful! I love everything about this.

1 Like

Thank you all for the kindness! :heart:

I’m pretty happy with this first attempt. I seem to forget about basic techniques like layering and then I see someone create a great layered piece and I’m like “AH HA! I should try that.” :grin: So I’m hoping that by creating more often I will get better at remembering and incorporating a variety of techniques.

In hindsight, I do wish I had done the swallow in an embossed texture to give it a bit more depth and shine, so I may be revisiting that element and maybe a small bit of work to make the word stand out more. Sometimes I can overwork things so I’ll need to be careful not to try to do too much. I’ll post a pic if I do make any of the updates I’m thinking of :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is so neat. I love the way you wrote on the background and all the layers. The colors are perfection.

2 Likes

What a cool project! And so engaging to look at.

1 Like

I still really love how you have left some of it blank. and the watercolor swooping over into it. like the bird is pushing up the night.

1 Like