Knee pillows

Hubster and I sleep with knee pillows (helps with back alignment or something), and they were getting shabby, so I made new ones. Then the covers were looking sad, so I made a bunch of new ones.

Hubster loves the kitties! Also the sharks, cards, and tacos.

I USED THE GOOD FABRIC! Well, for at least one side of each. I often purchase bold, colorful, large scale prints which don’t work for anything I normally do. It was fun to pair these with smaller, coordinating prints.

So I have (ahem) quite a few fat quarters. Each pillow or cover uses two FQs. 2 pillows + 8 covers = 20 FQs used, leaving me with…quite a few fat quarters.

simple envelope back

Quickie tutorial:
I use a 13" circle pattern (cut out of a cereal box) for both pillows and covers. A square pillow would waste less fabric and use the same instructions, but I like a round pillow better.

Pillow:
Pin two pieces of fabric (FQs or any fabric at least an inch larger than the pattern) right sides together.
Trace the circle onto one (I use a fine point sharpie), and stitch on the line (or just inside the line if you really hate the idea of it showing), leaving a 6" gap.
THEN cut off the excess fabric about 1/2" outside the stitch line.
Turn right side out, stuff, then fold the raw edges in, pin, and stitch closed by hand or machine.

Cover:
hem the two short sides of the back FQ. Cut in half and overlap the hemmed edges about 4".
Put the front and back pieces right sides together.
Use a few pins to hold them tigether.

Trace the circle onto one (I use a fine point sharpie), and stitch on the line. Cut off the excess fabric about 1/2" outside the stitch line.

12 Likes

They are great!

1 Like

Love the fabrics! So fun!

1 Like

totally KNEEd one of these!
Fabrics are lovely and fun. They look incredibly comfy

1 Like