I started this piece last summer during an online workshop. It has spent a lot of time sitting between stages. I finally got it to the ceramic shop this week for its final firing. I just picked it up a few days ago and am really pleased with how it turned out. I don’t have a kiln so I must out-source that step. This piece now lives in my bedroom. I love the large size and fully intend to make more pieces in this scale. Thank you for taking the time to look.
Some in-progress shots:
The black underglaze is wiped back to be left only in the recesses:
Completely covered in black underglaze:
Underglaze is applied and re-fired (I should have underglazed it before the first firing but kind of forgot.):
The first firing is complete (the bisque-fire):
Sculpting finished. Time to dry: