LC Shawl-Along ~ Knitters & Crocheters Unite!

That’s awesome @pottermouth!

2 Likes

Gorgeous yarn! What is it, did you dye this yourself?

1 Like

You are a hooking machine grrl! I don’t think that’s Lion Brand Mandala but maybe I’m wrong and it just looks different with this pattern as compared to the virus shawl?

1 Like

Of course it is Mandala :roll_eyes:

Thanks, Jennie!

2 Likes

Hee hee! I have a stash beside the bed to start working with too. I think I chose the Easy Breasy pattern myself. I’m not ambitious enough to try any death heads, not this time anyhow.

1 Like

Nice! Looks like a tv watching pattern. I love those.

1 Like

No, I bought it from KnitPicks - it’s the KP Brand Palette yarn in Clematis Heather which is more of a slightly grayish purple with lovely flecks of other rainbow colors subtly in it.

2 Likes

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

At work now, but at night I’ve been stitching away at the skully shawl. I’m halfway through the 4 skull repeat, and it maxes out at 5 before finishing so I’m blown away at how quick this works up. I’d be surprised if I’m not done by this weekend! Definitely an awesome pattern purchase :smiley:

5 Likes

Wow, you are flying through that!

2 Likes

Can’t wait to see it! I don’t know about you, but I felt the need to keep going and usually end with 7 skulls across the top before doing the last rows. Probably because I prefer the larger size or, more likely, want to use up as.much.yarn.as.possible.

2 Likes

I was wondering if it was going to end up big enough. I think I am familiar enough with the pattern now to be able to add on the extra row of skulls if I don’t think the shawl will be as large as I want it…and I do have more yarn, so yeah, good call! I’ll probably do that too!

2 Likes

big sigh
Why???

I’ll post better pictures after it’s blocked and actually finished finished.

6 Likes

It looks awesome!

2 Likes

Not the most amazing picture, I apologize. I’m stuck with my crappy cell camera until I get around to replacing it soon.

Crochet Shawl-Along Challenge Entry: Purple skulls breezy shawl
Pattern Used: KOPF-TUCH
Yarn Used: KnitPicks Palette yarn in Clematis Heather

8 Likes

@sheepBlue, that came out so well! Your skulls are so CLEAR. Beautiful work.

3 Likes

OH NO. And so close…

Looks amazing all the same!

3 Likes

I ended up skipping the very last row, and on “my” last row, did 2 DC per cluster instead of 3. Worked out ok.

1 Like

Good call.

1 Like

Oh this sounds fun. My stash is… ridiculous. I’m seriously out of control. I’ll check Ravelry tomorrow and see if I can spot a pattern I like. There was one in the top 20… foraging or something? Hmmm…

I love the gorgeous rainbow shawl with white (almost lacy looking) edging. That one makes me so happy! :heart_eyes:

I have some of the whirls an haven’t found the right project that seems like a good use. I just need to suck it up and USE them! I like the look of the WIP in greys, will love to see how it comes along as it works up. OH WAIT! I did use the black - to - greytone for my skull shawl, now that I’m thinking of it :smile:

The WIP skulls are awesome - that combo of something sort of goth + crochet is something I just love. These WIPs look slightly different, not sure if it’s a different pattern or just the colors and textures throwing me off. I’ll have to go back and look at mine. (ETA - totally different pattern). I love, love, love the delicate little bobbles and fine light weight of the one you did, @sheepBlue - @pottermouth those colors are so vibrant, yours is giving me very ‘day of the dead’ vibes!

2 Likes