Learning to Watercolor #1 2022 Goal

Thank you, admittedly, I do like the flowers. I think the main issue I have is that I have this idea in my head and a style I want to achieve. It’s kind of like when people say they can’t draw. It’s not that they can’t draw, everyone can logically draw. It’s just that they aren’t drawing in the style they want. With watercolor, you have to let go and let the flow of the paints go where they will. I have such a hard time trying to control them.

3 Likes

She is so flowy and beautiful! I love the effect you achieved using the watercolors in her dress especially.

2 Likes

Your highlights on her dress are enviable. And your style is so clean.

1 Like

I was looking at watercolor threads and stumbled across your thread. I know this was a 2022 goal but was wondering how you’re progressing? I’ve been taking a beginning watercolor class at a local arts center which I’m finding super helpful.

1 Like

It didn’t go any further. I always dream of watercoloring, but it’s a dream. Lately, life has been too hectic to sit back and draw. I did get some kits from LetsMakeArt this year as gifts for my family, so hopefully, when we all do them, I will get re-inspired.

2 Likes

My mom was recently out for a visit and we did a couple of the LetsMakeArt tutorials. It was fun and definitely inspiring. We both wanted to paint, paint, paint!

2 Likes